edited March 2008 in The Porch
How have experiences here been?
Compared to Hartford?
2006: Hartford
2008: Camden 2, Hartford
2010: Hartford
2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
2015: NYC
2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJOceans11PJOceans11 Posts: 135
    it's fine...great tailgating.
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Typical Philly crowds... LOUD . Generally speaking, typical Philly setlists...rarities not so rare. Especially over two days. I love the ferry over and back, complete with LOTSA, SOLATSA ? , Jambunctious folks, the CCFA/Wishlist preparties were awesome in 06, and the ticket situation seemed ironed out from the humongous line days of 03.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    totally my favorite place to see a Pearl Jam show. Actually I would have to say that is the best venue I've ever seen PJ play at, and the worst venue in my opinion would have to be Hartford.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    The venue is light years better than hartford. Now about the city...
  • It's located in a bit of a rough area, but I like the facility. Pretty good tailgaiting, too, from what I remember :)
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    It's located in a bit of a rough area, but I like the facility. Pretty good tailgaiting, too, from what I remember :)

fuckin awesome tailgating. No one gives you a hard time or nothing. Ed was outside next to the venue for a few minutes talking to fans and shit in '06. Pretty cool.
  • UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    South Philly is awful driving through. I dread it every time. I've been there 5 times already, and I love the former Tweeter Center. It's a fun place for a show. It may be my favorite.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Saw one of the 06 shows there, great tailgating. Unfortunately I had lawn seats, so the view and the crowd weren't as great.
  • touringfantouringfan Posts: 568
    camden is a shithole of a city but the party in the parking lot is second to none. I actually saw a group using a beer soaked slip and slide on the concrete. The large guy who seemed to be using it the most had a very large tattoo of barney the purple dinosaur on his calf. (true story) this is the type of thing you will only see in a Camden pearl jam lot. Good times
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • PrlJam27 wrote:
    fuckin awesome tailgating. No one gives you a hard time or nothing. Ed was outside next to the venue for a few minutes talking to fans and shit in '06. Pretty cool.

The waterfront is cool, the parking lot is vast, and the tailgating is off the hook. In 06 there were pool parties, bands kickin tunes, a great CCFA party, and the vibe was great. Always a great time!
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    touringfan wrote:
    camden is a shithole of a city but the party in the parking lot is second to none. I actually saw a group using a beer soaked slip and slide on the concrete. The large guy who seemed to be using it the most had a very large tattoo of barney the purple dinosaur on his calf. (true story) this is the type of thing you will only see in a Camden pearl jam lot. Good times

Are you referring to 2003? I remember people using a tarp as a slip & slide for a while that year.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    The crowd is always great & there is definitely a lot of tailgating going on......just don't wander far from the venue.

If you stay over-night, get a hotel in Philly.
    My lips are shaking.......