Options

Hidden Pearl Jam stuff.......

fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Some Pearl Jam secrets.

*Secret of "NO CODE"*
1. Grab the cd cover of "No Code".
2. Open the CD cover so the two fold out sections are at the top of the front of the cover.
3. Looking at the front cover fully opened stare at the cover, look directly into the spine where Pearl Jam is written the darkened section make a large NO CODE sign. Pretty cool.

*PJ live at the garden secret*
On the main menu screen of disk one, click on the setlist feature... scroll down to "Black" and hit the right button twice rapidly - what you will get is a performance of "Hunger Strike" from a show the band did in Mexico, with special guest Corin Tucker of Sleater Kinney

*Vitology (Pearl Jam) - Pry to Backwards*
Put the CD in your CD ROM drive and go to Pry To on the cd, then record it as it is playing. You should hear some pretty weird stuff. Record the whole song if you want. Anyhow, after you are done, go and play the recording backwards and what you hear is "Oh Pete Townsend How You Saved My Life" It's pretty cool.

*Yield (Pearl Jam) - Pearl Jam Gets Ethnic*
If you let the last track "All Those Yesterdays" play until the 5'03 mark you will hear a little hidden delight. It sounds like a mix of an Indian raga and a Russian dance. You even hear someone (maybe Eddie V?) shout "Humus!"

*Into the wild-Guaranteed*
About two minutes after the song finishes (track 11) there is another version where Eddie just humms.

These are some that I have found, If you know already about them cool, if you dont have a look..........If you know of any more post them....
He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    *Vitology (Pearl Jam) - Pry to Backwards*
    Put the CD in your CD ROM drive and go to Pry To on the cd, then record it as it is playing.

sorry for someone who is a bit computer illiterate how do you "record" it while it's playing? and also how would you then play it backwards?

thanks so much by the way! didn't hear about this one~ you know about the little "yields" in the black and white Yield booklet photos?
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    broloco wrote:
    sorry for someone who is a bit computer illiterate how do you "record" it while it's playing? and also how would you then play it backwards?

back when there was a rumor pit, this topic was addressed and the 1oc posted a file that had Pry To played backwards...that file is still available using the link below:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/sound/pryto.wav

it's from Rumor Pit #22: http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/rumorpit/pit22.html

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    I took the liberty of reversing Pry, To for you guys.

http://download.yousendit.com/46807CFB74731242

EDIT: Darkstar beat me lol oh well.. there's another link :)
  • Options
    I know a lot of people know this but if you let BEE GIRL on LOST DOGS play until about 6 minutes a little tribute to layne staley called 4/20/02 plays
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    back when there was a rumor pit, this topic was addressed and the 1oc posted a file that had Pry To played backwards...that file is still available using the link below:

it's from Rumor Pit #22: http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/rumorpit/pit22.html

ds
    thanks DS! ive heard of this for some time but was always too lazy to do it myself... ed definitely returned the favor by saving the lives of many more, myself included
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    fyreguy73fyreguy73 Posts: 168
    I took the liberty of reversing Pry, To for you guys.

http://download.yousendit.com/46807CFB74731242

EDIT: Darkstar beat me lol oh well.. there's another link :)

thanks mate...........
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Options
    fyreguy73 wrote:
    *Yield (Pearl Jam) - Pearl Jam Gets Ethnic*
    If you let the last track "All Those Yesterdays" play until the 5'03 mark you will hear a little hidden delight. It sounds like a mix of an Indian raga and a Russian dance. You even hear someone (maybe Eddie V?) shout "Humus!"

That would be Hummus - written by Stone, and not available on the cassette version of Yield.

Don't forget about Writer's Block at the end of Binaural.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    That would be Hummus - written by Stone, and not available on the cassette version of Yield.

Don't forget about Writer's Block at the end of Binaural.

or vinyl .....
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    DarkStar wrote:

ds

I used to think, it " Oh what a beautiful day it is to be driving"
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    am i dumb or deaf? i honestly cant pick out what he's saying... if he is supposed to be saying something in that backwards track..
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    or vinyl .....
    Isn't there an extra verse on Wishlist on vinyl? You can faintly here "I wish I was a radio song, the one you couldn't turn off, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I guess it never stops". I don't think you can hear it on the CD. Can't verify because CD is in storage and record player don't work.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    What about when you turn the No Code album cover upside down you get a hidden Yield sign??
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    Sherlock - Shit - No
    Re-arrange
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Isn't there an extra verse on Wishlist on vinyl? You can faintly here "I wish I was a radio song, the one you couldn't turn off, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I guess it never stops". I don't think you can hear it on the CD. Can't verify because CD is in storage and record player don't work.

It's on the CD too. Crank up the volume at the end and you'll be able to hear it
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

Im sure thats on the cd...I will have to give it a listen
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wow. . . i think you guys are REALLY reaching with Pry, To being played backwards. I don't think that comes anywhere near to sounding like "Pete Towshend saved my life", or anything else. It's gibberish people. I like Pearl Jam, but good god. . . get a life.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    scratch and sniff the avocado on the cover of the Pearl Jam CD...it smells like...

well, I'll let you find out...!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    hidden yield signs in the yield booklet, one on every page baby.

cant believe no one mentioned that one.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 439
    Hold your Merkin Ball and Mirror Ball cds up to a mirror, and look at the flames that circle the edges...
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR YIELD CD IN STORAGE WITHOUT GOING BAZZZZERK!?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR YIELD CD IN STORAGE WITHOUT GOING BAZZZZERK!?
    Well, to make a long story short, when you move 7 times in 14 months you learn to downsize. Now that I am settled, I really need to get my CD collection back! Perhaps not having all my Pearl Jam CD's explains why I am a little nuts. Believe me, until the record player broke, it was my only saving grace.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    at the beginning of push me, pull me, on the radio in the song you can hear "happy when im crying" pretty cool...
    8.29.00-4.29.03-4.30.03-5.2.03-7.2.03-7.3.03-7.8.03-7.9.03-7.11.03-9.28.04-9.29.04-10.1.04- 10.2.04-10.3.04-5.12.06-5.24.06-5.25.06
    ...i know all the rules but the rules do not know me, guaranteed...
  • Options
    a5pj wrote:
    hidden yield signs in the yield booklet, one on every page baby.

cant believe no one mentioned that one.

Someone did. Look at the 2nd post.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    I couldn't figure out how to find the easter egg on the Live At The Garden DVD. The trick where you right click twice whe you get down to Black didn't work for me. I thought I was losing my mind. I had to go to the top menu on my DVD player and hit shuffle. Wierd, but it worked.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.