Options

Place/Date Question

YieldedYielded Posts: 839
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Just a quick question concerning the Place/Date book available from the goods section. It says "PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS THE SOFT COVER VERSION!!". Is this in any way different from the hard cover version (apart, obviously, from being soft cover)? I mean is it smaller or anything?
Also, for those of you who ordered from TC, are the shipping costs higher than usual on this (I remember the 5x1 book being more expensive to ship).

Thanks!
"We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    The only difference between the two is the cover, the pages inside are the same size. It is not especially big like 5X1 of the Ames poster book so I don't think any extra shipping charges apply.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    they must have changed recently because I got mine at the same time as 5x1, and it was a hardcover..
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    they must have changed recently because I got mine at the same time as 5x1, and it was a hardcover..

Yeah, it was still the hard cover version when 5x1 came out. Wish I'd got it back then. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

Thanks NeilJam for the reply, I shall be ordering Place/Date with the Into the Wild vinyl tonight!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Yielded wrote:
    Thanks NeilJam for the reply, I shall be ordering Place/Date with the Into the Wild vinyl tonight!
    Did you order it? I was going to as well, but it was separate shipping so I didn't bother.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    Did you order it? I was going to as well, but it was separate shipping so I didn't bother.

I did. Don't like the fact that I have to pay separate shipping charges but bit the bullet, the dollar isn't that strong right now anyway.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Yielded wrote:
    I did. Don't like the fact that I have to pay separate shipping charges but bit the bullet, the dollar isn't that strong right now anyway.
    I just decided there was no advantage to buying it now, so I can decide a bit later to get it with something else.
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:

You're welcome. I would also note that the soft cover version of this is not like a typical soft cover book, it's pretty sturdy.
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    You're welcome. I would also note that the soft cover version of this is not like a typical soft cover book, it's pretty sturdy.

Sweet! Can't wait for everything to arrive!
  • Options
    Yielded wrote:

You won't be disappointed. I think this book is even better than 5x1, although I may be biased since I am in Place/Date.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    I just decided there was no advantage to buying it now, so I can decide a bit later to get it with something else.

That's a very fair point. I've wanted the book for a while now so I just went for it.