Nothing Like a Broken Record (ITW)

AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
edited February 2008 in The Porch
So I got my ITW record from the 10C today. I feared the worst when I saw the package was bent and one of the corners looked like it had been chewed on by a dog. I opened it up to find that the record itself was broken into maybe 10 pieces, not to mention the top of the casing being torn and creases all throughout the case. :( I've emailed 10C so hopefully I can get this resolved quickly.

Anybody else's record arrive like this?

Wes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Nope, mine arrived in perfect condition, but I'm sure that they will hook you up with a new one. They're pretty good about that even though it wasn't there fault- damn Post Office. At the very least, they will refund your money- even though I know that's not what you want.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I think they said they held some back for these problems, and then they were going to sell the rest.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • two words...

Compact Disc
  • two words...

Compact Disc
    ah yes... the indestructable compact disc... completely bullet proof and impossible to destroy by even the worst of mailmen :rolleyes:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    newman! in my best seinfeld voice :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I think they said they held some back for these problems, and then they were going to sell the rest.

thats right.. dont stress, you'll get a replacement. :)
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    JERRY: but its says "do not bend"

NEWMAN: "crumple, cram, crease, crush, just dont bend"

hahahah!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • AmishGuy91 wrote:
    So I got my ITW record from the 10C today. I feared the worst when I saw the package was bent and one of the corners looked like it had been chewed on by a dog. I opened it up to find that the record itself was broken into maybe 10 pieces, not to mention the top of the casing being torn and creases all throughout the case. :( I've emailed 10C so hopefully I can get this resolved quickly.

Wes
    I bet you could still turn that shit for a bill on ebay ;)
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,086
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

Wes

So you will be fine they will take care of you......

people seem happy that 10C is using DHL but everything I have got from DHL has been smashed to hell.... I will take my chance with USPS
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    the last poster i ordered through the 10c was ripped and bent, still waiting but I know they will take care of it.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • That's always the fear with posted vinyl - hopefully you'll get a replacement from 10C that'll arrive in perfect condition, which leaves the opportunity for an interesting arty framing for your damaged one.......and you have two copies of the sweet artwork! Every cloud my friend....
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    thats gotta suck
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Ed personally smashed a limited number of the vinyls, its a collector's item.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Mine came damaged, with the vinyl ripping through the top of the jacket. I emailed Ten Club on Saturday and here it is Thursday with no response yet... Starting to get worried!
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Poncier wrote:
    i wonder how many of these ITW vinyls im gonna have to FLIP in order to afford bonnaroo.....

hehehe...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    thebends9 wrote:
    Mine came damaged, with the vinyl ripping through the top of the jacket. I emailed Ten Club on Saturday and here it is Thursday with no response yet... Starting to get worried!

I would call them. They have always been very helpful on the phone with me.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    thebends9 wrote:
    Mine came damaged, with the vinyl ripping through the top of the jacket. I emailed Ten Club on Saturday and here it is Thursday with no response yet... Starting to get worried!

very weird! mine has the exact same damage. i was looking at it thinking who in the fuck does the quality control at the pressing plant.

i bought mine from the aural exploits sale, ive contacted them and they are sending me a new jacket. now have to look at making some kind of art piece out of the damaged one.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    Poncier wrote:

cOoL...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• listening to mine right now! just came in the mail in perfect condition!!! IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    gfraser wrote:
    very weird! mine has the exact same damage. i was looking at it thinking who in the fuck does the quality control at the pressing plant.

i bought mine from the aural exploits sale, ive contacted them and they are sending me a new jacket. now have to look at making some kind of art piece out of the damaged one.

sam thing happened to mine from AE
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    AmishGuy91 wrote:

Wes

that sucks man, sorry. i'm sure the 10c will take care of you.

good luck.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    Get_Right wrote:
    sam thing happened to mine from AE

contact them. they will ship you a new gate fold sleve on monday.

how pissed where you when it arrived like that lol. man i was furious, im use to very strict quality control in my line of work and cant believe shit like this slips through the cracks.
    gfraser wrote:

how pissed where you when it arrived like that lol. man i was furious, im use to very strict quality control in my line of work and cant believe shit like this slips through the cracks.

thanks for the heads up!
    I was pissed, but not so much

I just want the record! But it will be nice to have the sleeve in good shape.
    Sent em an email-lets see how it goes
    gfraser wrote:

MAJOR THANKS.
    They are sending me a replacement.

Gracias!
  • JERRY: but its says "do not bend"

NEWMAN: "crumple, cram, crease, crush, just dont bend"

hahahah!

YES! Hahaha. Awesome.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    I opened it up to find that the record itself was broken into maybe 10 pieces

10 pieces,the irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
    smile05 wrote:
    I opened it up to find that the record itself was broken into maybe 10 pieces

10 pieces,the irony!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are you making out with this? just curious : D
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    thebends9 wrote:

This is a common problem with vinyl since the record itself is loose inside the sleeve and not fixed down. I don't know how many I've gotten from various sources that they've arrived like this through the mail.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~