Options

The SNL Potato Chip Skit- Best since 'Cow Bell'

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.hulu.com/watch/113216/saturd ... otato-chip

"Please don't eat my potato chips. I am very Hungry."

This is EASILY the best SNL skit in 10 years. ENJOY!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ummmm....
    Nothing like Walken- he rules in cow bell like everything he does- it's his classic one of a kind voice- awesome
    Cheezbugar Cheezbugar is a classic too oh and Belushi samurai
    I might be getting old though I rarely laugh at SNL anymore not like back in the day
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Sorry, but that sucked.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Janelda, show this man to the door!

Trash like that can show itself to the door!

This skit cracked me up just by the complete over the top goofiness of it. He kept the test to be an astronaut in the refrigerator!

SNL doesn't have much going for it these days, but I love that strange bird Will Forte.
  • Options
    As cheesy as this sounds, I can't wait until the MacGruber movie comes out.
  • Options
    That was the best?? I thought skits on SNL should be funny. That was the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

This is EASILY the best SNL skit in 10 years. ENJOY![/quote]
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    There is not one part of that skit that had me remotely close to laughing.

That was horrible.

Hell, the stupid studio audience never laughed. And those fuckers always laugh at everything.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    i am now dumber.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    I only made it a minute in then had to bail on it. I will say I'm biased because I am NOT a Will Forte fan. Sudekis has got some chops though.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    I kept waiting for it to be funny. But then I remembered SNL hasn't been funny for 20 yrs.
  • Options
    Yeah... that didn't do much for me.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Hulu is not available in Canada and I haven't seen the skit. I do like Will Forte though......
  • Options
    Hulu is not available in Canada and I haven't seen the skit. I do like Will Forte though......

Consider it a blessing in disguise, the skit was really weak.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    jimed14 wrote:

Consider it a blessing in disguise, the skit was really weak.
    ...ok, but for some reason I always find myself killing myself laughing at some of Will Forte's stuff...and usually my wife turns to me and says "you need help".

So from the feedback here, it sounded like it might be my humor. ;)
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,976
    I kept waiting for it to be funny. But then I remembered SNL hasn't been funny for 20 yrs.

Right again Mr redeyes
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    It's the randomness that makes it hilarious. Why is the guy who wants to be an astronaut dressed like Colonel Sanders? Why are the applications in the fridge?

Forte is a genius and random, ridiculous humor. Ever see The Brothers Solomon? The most random movie EVER. :lol:
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,289
    I liked it when i first saw it. i saw the disgusting part coming.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The funniest thing SNL has done in the past 2 decades ...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/14938/

• Options
    you cannot be serious. that was awful. awful like everything else from SNL for the past 15 years or so.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hinx wrote:
    It's the randomness that makes it hilarious. Why is the guy who wants to be an astronaut dressed like Colonel Sanders? Why are the applications in the fridge?

Forte is a genius and random, ridiculous humor. Ever see The Brothers Solomon? The most random movie EVER. :lol:

THANK YOU SIR! You are one of the few who GETS Will Forte's humor. I did see the Brothers Solomon- I thought it was hilarious too.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    random? yes... funny for seconds a few seconds a couple of times...

i am sorry, but i think snl needs a MASSIVE overhaul. its torture to watch that show unless Justin Timberlake or Walken are on it.
  • Options
    this deserves another look people. bump
  • Options
    Dick in a Box is easily the funniest thing that's been on tv in over a million years....

Well, that and Chapelle's Rick James episode, of course.
  • Options
    this deserves another look people. bump

Sorry, but as someone who has seen most every SNL and loves the most random stuff imagineable, this does not deserve another look. Anything from any of the Justin Timberlake or Rock episodes totally destroys this. Those skits may not be "random" enough for you, but at least they are funny.
  • Options
    Dick in a Box is easily the funniest thing that's been on tv in over a million years....

205-fuck-yo-couch.gif

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    jimed14 wrote:

205-fuck-yo-couch.gif
    awesome :lol:

yeah the digital shorts with andy samberg are great. the 'on the ground' one recently busts me up!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99944/saturda ... the-ground

i'm not a part of your SYSTEM
  • Options

yeah the digital shorts with andy samberg are great. the 'on the ground' one recently busts me up!

That was pretty funny, but it was no Lazy Sunday ... or the Natalie Portman rap which was the best of these raps, I liked it more than Dick in a Box. Just hilarious.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1404/saturday ... talie-raps

Here's the UNEDITED version ... yes, she really said all that ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMPFGBtE7Q

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    The only thing in this skit that made me even smirk was the hemorroid cushion and that was for personal reasons :oops:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    jimed14 wrote:

That was pretty funny, but it was no Lazy Sunday ... or the Natalie Portman rap which was the best of these raps, I liked it more than Dick in a Box. Just hilarious.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1404/saturday ... talie-raps

Here's the UNEDITED version ... yes, she really said all that ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMPFGBtE7Q
    lazy sunday is what brought the funny back into SNL, no doubt! crazy delicious :lol: i loved that portman rap, i'll have to watch the unedited version at home, can't have all that vulgarity blaring here in my office haha
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,066
    I like the potato chip sketch. It's one of those things that takes a little while to hit you just right.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"