Options

No Oscar for Vedders acting in Singles = BULLSHIT

muppetmuppet Posts: 980
edited January 2008 in The Porch
The Oscars have all got their heads up their arse. Vedders acting was amazing in Singles. He added a lot of depth to a role that would simply be lost with other actors. He out acted Matt Dillon and deserved more.

Chris Cornell should have got Best Supporting as well. Bullshit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I still can't believe that Point Break was snubbed again for best picture. BASTARDS!!!
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    muppet wrote:
    The Oscars have all got their heads up their arse. Vedders acting was amazing in Singles. He added a lot of depth to a role that would simply be lost with other actors. He out acted Matt Dillon and deserved more.

i 100% agree with you...the 'academy' is incapable of making the proper decision
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Damn right. Ed was fucking ON FIRE when he was watching the bee documentary. Anthony Hopkins? Jack Nicholson? Morgan Freeman? All hacks compared to Ed. Fucking academy.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    NoonieNoonie Posts: 93
    muppet wrote:

Oh yeah, Eddie Vedder Totally nailed the role of Eddie Vedder. That "Shhhh!" was inspired.
    My rhymes and records they don't get played
    Because my records and rhymes they don't get made
    And if you rap like me you don't get paid
    And if you roll like me you don't get laid.
  • Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    i 100% agree with you...the 'academy' is incapable of making the proper decision
    Totally agree
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Damn right. Ed was fucking ON FIRE when he was watching the bee documentary. Anthony Hopkins? Jack Nicholson? Morgan Freeman? All hacks compared to Ed. Fucking academy.

Who knows how much better the world could have been if Ed pursued his acting career instead of that band he's in?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    muppet wrote:
    I disagree. I found his performance too derivative Brando's performance in 'The Wild One'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Who knows how much better the world could have been if Ed pursued his acting career instead of that band he's in?

I see I'm preaching to the converted. Seriously - Ed Vedder as Neo? HO-LEE SHIT! Ed Vedder as Aragorn? That would have made Lord of the Rings memorable. And he could still have made music. Lots of actors make great music while keeping an acting career. Case in point: Bruce Willis and Steven Segall.

Everything above was stated purely in sarcasm - for those whose sarcasm filters are broken.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    "A complement for us is a complement for you"

and that high five was awesome, Jeff, Stone, and Eddie make that movie awesome.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."