Options

Led Zeppelin

Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,727
edited January 2010 in Other Music
2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    "their opening number, was very rough, and the next, ‘The Lady’, a track from LZ 5, wasn’t much better either."

I consider myself an avid Zep fan, but I've never heard of this track.

Any info? It's not on Houses of the Holy or Physical Graffiti.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    craigb wrote:
    "their opening number, was very rough, and the next, ‘The Lady’, a track from LZ 5, wasn’t much better either."

I consider myself an avid Zep fan, but I've never heard of this track.

Any info? It's not on Houses of the Holy or Physical Graffiti.

He's referring to Over the Hills and Far Away.............Hey Lady, you got the love I need............
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    does anyone remember Zeppelin Digital? ah, those were the days
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Rather than start a new Zep thread I thought I'd ask this here:  Does anyone besides me prefer Robert Plant's singing on more recent stuff like Raising Sand to his work on all those great 60's and 70's albums?  I often wish Plant could go back and do those early vocal with his more mature voice.  His screaming banshee style from those early records make them almost unlistenable for me and there are SO MANY great songs on them.  And it's not that I think Plant is a bad singer or that I'm trying to put him down- not at all- it's just not a style of singing that ever worked for me.  Anyone else feel that way?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,239
    brianlux said:
    Rather than start a new Zep thread I thought I'd ask this here:  Does anyone besides me prefer Robert Plant's singing on more recent stuff like Raising Sand to his work on all those great 60's and 70's albums?  I often wish Plant could go back and do those early vocal with his more mature voice.  His screaming banshee style from those early records make them almost unlistenable for me and there are SO MANY great songs on them.  And it's not that I think Plant is a bad singer or that I'm trying to put him down- not at all- it's just not a style of singing that ever worked for me.  Anyone else feel that way?
    I guess I am still able to get in to the old Plant singing style while appreciating how he sings now with the focus on texture and tone. I think we have also already started seeing this with Eddie. Less screaming and more of a focus on his softer side. I think that's why we've seen such long gaps between albums. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    I guess I am still able to get in to the old Plant singing style while appreciating how he sings now with the focus on texture and tone. I think we have also already started seeing this with Eddie. Less screaming and more of a focus on his softer side. I think that's why we've seen such long gaps between albums. 
    I'm guessing a big part of the reason for both singers changing styles is the wear and tear that years of screaming has on the vocal chords.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    brianlux said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    I'm guessing a big part of the reason for both singers changing styles is the wear and tear that years of screaming has on the vocal chords.
    And smoking.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:
    tbergs said:
    brianlux said:
    And smoking.
    True... makes me think of Paul Westerberg's wonderful 500,000 cigarette voice.