Options

Chicago Bulls

1505152535456»

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    So Gar Forman says that the Bulls are looking to get younger and more athletic. So they go out and sign 30 year old Rondo and 34 year old Wade. What the fuck are they doing?!?
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I don't know about Rondo but in Wade's case they probably wanted to save face for trading away Rose. They get another home grown player to hold the fort for a couple years. How those three of Wade, Rondo and Butler coexist I'll never know?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

I don't know about Rondo but in Wade's case they probably wanted to save face for trading away Rose. They get another home grown player to hold the fort for a couple years. How those three of Wade, Rondo and Butler coexist I'll never know?

Peace

Bulls front office is a joke. It's just funny to me that they go out and do the opposite of what they said their plan was. And yeah, I really can't see Wade, Rondo and Butler coexisting well.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

g under p said:

Peace

Bulls front office is a joke. It's just funny to me that they go out and do the opposite of what they said their plan was. And yeah, I really can't see Wade, Rondo and Butler coexisting well.
    I'm sure glad the Celtics haven't gone this path of plugging in players on temporary basis without planning if these players can even play together. These days to get to a championship level a team has to draft well, if free agents are available, choose them wisely without breaking the teams salary cap. The Celtics are doing that but Chicago on the other hand I've no idea what the plan is for that team. Just watch M Dunleavy turn out to be an asset for the Cavs as they rise next year to at least the eastern conference finals. I hope the Bulls can at least make the playoffs with these recent stellar moves.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    my daughters fave team so im bias lol
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Sad to see Rose gone :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Of course the Bulls go and win the first 2 games in Boston. This team makes zero sense.
  • Options
    So I went from not giving a shit about the Bulls and hating the whole organization in general to then getting sucked back in and excited after they took the first 2 games in Boston and now Rondo is likely out for the series. So it's back to not caring and being pissed about the Bulls being stuck in NBA purgatory. Brutal.
  • Options
    LOL.  Almost 3 years with nothing in this thread.  Sums up the last few years for the Bulls pretty well.

GarPax are finally gone!  The saddest part about it is that Paxson had to tell the Reinsdorf's that it was time for a change.  If he didn't do that, it would be the same old story.  The whole family is an absolute joke.  But it does sound like Karnisovas is a great hire and he will have full control over basketball operations.  Next step is getting rid of that clown act of a coach.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    On a bright note, The Last Dance documentary coming out this weekend should be great.  I'll definitely be watching.
  • Options
    Can’t wait for this. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    bbiggs said:
    Can’t wait for this. 
    Super excited to relive the apex of the NBA. I haven't been into it since. I tried. They drafted Jay Williams and I tried but just couldn't do it. Then there were the rocky D Rose years and I just couldn't do that either. But some 90's Bulls? Sign me the fuck up!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    Watched last night and man it did not disappoint.  Question, why did the gm want to get rid of Phil Jackson so bad?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    mcgruff10 said:
    Watched last night and man it did not disappoint.  Question, why did the gm want to get rid of Phil Jackson so bad?
    Jealousy, it seems.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    mcgruff10 said:
    Jealousy, it seems.
    What a moron. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    He was on a power trip.  He deserved credit for what he did in assembling that team, but could never stop tinkering.  Watching those first two episodes brought back so many great memories of growing up a Bulls fan in Chicago.  Probably akin to being a Yankees fan in the late 90's in some ways.