Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Well, free agency didn't really go as planned. Hard to blame Carmelo though...thats just too much money to turn down in NY.

Gasol will definitely be an upgrade over Boozer, but not sure how much. Gasol isn't much of a defender which was always the main complaint about Boozer. But Gasol should be a good mentor for Mirotic. It will be interesting to see what Mirotic is able to bring to the table right away...people say he's one of the top players in Europe, but not sure how quickly that will translate to the NBA game.

At the end of the day, most of it depends on Rose. It's sad to say, but I have little to no confidence that he'll be the same player that he once was or that he'll even stay healthy. It's bad enough he has been constantly injured the past 2-3 years, but then we've heard all the constant bullshit with his brother and his agent and them not talking to the Bulls, Rose not willing to recruit free agents, etc... He could really use some new PR people.
  • Options
    The daily D-Rose injury watch is already extremely annoying. This guy just can't stay healthy.
  • Options

The daily D-Rose injury watch is already extremely annoying. This guy just can't stay healthy.

Rose is no longer day to day.

He is year to year!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Impressive win last night in Golden State.

Really hope this team can get completely healthy in time for the playoffs. If they do, they're going to be tough to beat.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Impressive win last night in Golden State.

Really hope this team can get completely healthy in time for the playoffs. If they do, they're going to be tough to beat.

So they can beat the spurs and the warriors.....if they could only beat the Cavs in the playoffs to get to the best in the west.
  • Options
    Derrick Rose?
    Again?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    same knee he injured last year. actually wrote that story working the desk tonight.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Unbelievable. This guy's knees are shot and he's 26 years old. Brutal.
  • Options
    I wonder if Rose will ever get it. Does he not realize how dumb he sounds??? Still with the bullshit of not committing to play this year and the "I'm going to listen to God and my body" nonsense. Guys usually come back from thsi injury in 3-4 weeks and he can't even commit to a 4-6 week timeline. Reggie needs to hire a new PR team for him.
  • Options
    Awful effort from the Bulls last night. Rose was terrible. Can't believe this is going to a game 6.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Awful effort from the Bulls last night. Rose was terrible. Can't believe this is going to a game 6.

Yea seemed like he had a shit ton of turnovers in the 4th quarter..bad effort across the board though like you said..this could go 7
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Well that was a nice little exclamation point on this series with a 55 point win. On to Cleveland...this is going to be a great series.
  • Options
    Not a bad start to the series last night. Dunleavy with a great 1st quarter and Gasol with a great 3rd quarter. And Rose was pretty damn good the whole game....pretty scary when he grabbed his shoulder at the end of the game there but it sounds like it was a stinger and nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Not a bad start to the series last night. Dunleavy with a great 1st quarter and Gasol with a great 3rd quarter. And Rose was pretty damn good the whole game....pretty scary when he grabbed his shoulder at the end of the game there but it sounds like it was a stinger and nothing to worry about.

Yep..when the game was on the line jimmy buckets was huge.. After a few sloppy possessions by rose without a touch by jimmy..he had huge bucket high off the glass..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Yep..when the game was on the line jimmy buckets was huge.. After a few sloppy possessions by rose without a touch by jimmy..he had huge bucket high off the glass..
    Oh yeah! How could I forget to mention Jimmy Buckets. That last bucket off the glass was huge.

Bulls did what they needed to do by taking a game in Cleveland. Hold serve at home and they win the series.
  • Options
    Rose with the winner at the buzzer! That was an awesome game. Most fun Bulls game I've watched in a long, long time.
  • Options
    Well that fucking sucked yesterday. Bulls had the game and completely pissed it away in the 4th quarter.

And fuck Lebron. Does anybody cry for fouls more than him? He's such a little bitch. Can't stand him.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422

Well that fucking sucked yesterday. Bulls had the game and completely pissed it away in the 4th quarter.

And fuck Lebron. Does anybody cry for fouls more than him? He's such a little bitch. Can't stand him.

Yeah, but you would love LeBron if he was wearing a Bulls uniform>LOL!!

• Options
    Well of course I would love if he were in a Bulls uniform. It just amazes me how he acts like a whiny baby every single game on just about every single play. Guy is one of the best players in the league and he acts like a child on the court....it's pretty brutal to watch.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

probably Noah....just saying.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Brutal last night. Can't believe Taj got ejected. That Delladova guy was holding his foot between his legs and all he did was yank his foot out of there. It looked like he kicked him, but he didn't Shocked that they still ejected him after reviewing the replay.

Rose had a great 1st quarter and then was pretty quiet the rest of the game. Looked like his wrist or arm was hurting...hopefully nothing serious.
  • Options
    What a pathetic way to go out last night. Irving out for most of the game and Lebron didn't play well and they still got their asses kicked on their home court. I kept waiting for Rose to take over and get them back in the game but it didn't happen. But no, he gets outplayed by this Dellevadova guy. What a joke.

Thibs is done. And I'm fine with it. He's a really good coach, but the way he handles his players minutes and the constant inconsistency of his teams is too much. And the fact that him and the front office are barely on speaking terms is just not a good environment for anybody.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Pretty strong showing last night. Wow, what a dud.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I hope the new coach plays to the young talent more: Snell, Mirotec, McDerrmott, etc. I'm tired of Noah- heart can only take you so far before your average skill degrades from your nagging injuries. Pau was solid but also too old to endure an entire postseason. Derrick's 40% from the field was terrible. Good luck to the Cavs from here on out, their city needs a winner (for God sake).
  • Options

I hope the new coach plays to the young talent more: Snell, Mirotec, McDerrmott, etc. I'm tired of Noah- heart can only take you so far before your average skill degrades from your nagging injuries. Pau was solid but also too old to endure an entire postseason. Derrick's 40% from the field was terrible. Good luck to the Cavs from here on out, their city needs a winner (for God sake).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that aspect of Thibs. HIs unwillingness to play young guys was nauseating. Noah was never great on offense, but he seemed to get so much worse this year. And like you said, heart only takes you so far.

I just can't root for the Cavs. Can't bring myself to root for Lebron....the guy makes me sick.
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that aspect of Thibs. HIs unwillingness to play young guys was nauseating. Noah was never great on offense, but he seemed to get so much worse this year. And like you said, heart only takes you so far.

I just can't root for the Cavs. Can't bring myself to root for Lebron....the guy makes me sick.
    Agreed, loved Thibs but he is so stubborn and not a great offensive mind. It's time for a fresh face.

I'll be rooting for the western conference! Not sure Cleveland gets passed the hawks either, Irving is questionable
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

Brutal last night. Can't believe Taj got ejected. That Delladova guy was holding his foot between his legs and all he did was yank his foot out of there. It looked like he kicked him, but he didn't Shocked that they still ejected him after reviewing the replay.

Rose had a great 1st quarter and then was pretty quiet the rest of the game. Looked like his wrist or arm was hurting...hopefully nothing serious.

we don't agree on a lot......but THAT was bullshit.

that said, glad the cavs won.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Well it looks like Gar/Pax got their puppet and yes man that they wanted with Hoiberg. Thibs definitely had to go, but the smear campaign by the Bulls front office was really pathetic. Just fire the guy and move on....why did they have to bad mouth him on the way out? No class.
  • Options
    Of course the Bulls don't do shit at the trade deadline. This team is going nowhere so why the hell would they keep Pau Gasol who is a free agent at the end of the year??? Everyone on this team except Butler should have been on the trading block. And then Gar says that they want to re-sign Pau and Noah in the offseason???? I really don't understand what the hell they are doing over there. But I guess this is what happens when there is no accountability on Gar/Pax from management. What a mess.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

Everyone on this team, including Butler should have been on the trading block.

Fixed that for ya.

I can't watch this team anymore. I've been splitting season tickets with a group of people for the last several years and have been thinking of pulling the plug for the last two seasons. I finally did it about a week ago. I told the guy who has tickets in his name that I'm done and his response was basically, "OK, thanks, me, too. I was hoping someone else would say so first." As soon as he made the announcement, everyone else was more than willing to dump the tix.

It sucks because they were good seats. Well, they were actually shitty seats but they were good shitty seats (section 331, row 8, which is the first row of the cheapest pricing tier) -- right on the aisle, close to good concessions, the men's room and the exit.

Plus, the NBA is joke anyway. Putting ads on the all-star uniforms was completely bush league. I'll be shocked if the regular unis don't have them next season.