Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    Wobbie said:
    How many more picks do they need at this point? Use your assets to get what you need. I don't know dick about fultz, but seems like they'll be pretty good

no.....even with all their "assets" their average record over the last four years is 19-63

they'll be back in the lottery next year. if I'm wroung, the juggler will likely remind me.

Oh Wob...

"Even with all their assets?" What does this even mean? Ben Simmons hasn't played yet. Fultz technically hasn't joined the team and Emiid has played a half a season. The assets haven't played yet, mostly. That starts next year. Odds are they will be in the lottery because it will surely take time for all these new pieces to jell. But I would not be surprised to see them make a playoff push next year in this shitty conference.

Where do you think Hayward will end up? Would suck for the Jazz to lose him.

I was quoting cliffy with "assets." I'm aware of the injury issues but no one knows if that changes or stays the same.

I have no local insight as to Hayward. it sucks to have a draft, not knowing the status of hayward and george hill.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,425
    edited June 2017
    cutz said:
    Love the protections they got in the Fultz trade.  Michael Porter in '18 (6' 10" SF who can shoot and has a good handle). Porter will be playing at Missouri next season. Marvin Bagley III 6' 11" C, who runs the court very well , has a good handle, shoots pretty good. He has a chance to be a generational player if he wants its as all of the tools are ther. Many already considered him the BEST player in the Country even though he's only a JR.

This Doncic kid is supposed to be a hell of a prospect next year too.
    Yeah, i heard/ read about him. He's been playing in Spain/Euro League with Real Madrid.  He just turned 18 in Feb. and he's been playing Pro ball since the 2015 season.  Though i haven't seen him play on TV, like the other 2 i mentioned. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    How many more picks do they need at this point? Use your assets to get what you need. I don't know dick about fultz, but seems like they'll be pretty good

no.....even with all their "assets" their average record over the last four years is 19-63

they'll be back in the lottery next year. if I'm wroung, the juggler will likely remind me.

Oh Wob...

"Even with all their assets?" What does this even mean? Ben Simmons hasn't played yet. Fultz technically hasn't joined the team and Emiid has played a half a season. The assets haven't played yet, mostly. That starts next year. Odds are they will be in the lottery because it will surely take time for all these new pieces to jell. But I would not be surprised to see them make a playoff push next year in this shitty conference.

I was quoting cliffy with "assets." I'm aware of the injury issues but no one knows if that changes or stays the same.

I have no local insight as to Hayward. it sucks to have a draft, not knowing the status of hayward and george hill.
    Oh okay. It's just confusing that you used the win/loss record to support your point when they were not trying to win for 3 of those years and then didn't have Simmons and Embiid for a half season last year. They were only a few games out of the playoffs when Embiid got hurt last year and will have a lot more talent to work with now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh Wob...

Oh okay. It's just confusing that you used the win/loss record to support your point when they were not trying to win for 3 of those years and then didn't have Simmons and Embiid for a half season last year. They were only a few games out of the playoffs when Embiid got hurt last year and will have a lot more talent to work with now. 
    to be honest, I forgot they were TRYING to lose.....which, I guess, was "the process."

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh Wob...

to be honest, I forgot they were TRYING to lose.....which, I guess, was "the process."
    Kinda like what your Astros did...haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Still can't believe Simmons broke his foot on the last day of camp. What a kick in the dick that was. If anything happens to the #1 pick this year, I may have to find a new interest.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,006
    JK_Livin said:
    Still can't believe Simmons broke his foot on the last day of camp. What a kick in the dick that was. If anything happens to the #1 pick this year, I may have to find a new interest.
    Think Bill Walton or Greg Oden...
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,777
    JK_Livin said:
    I'm just gonna say it now to get it out of the way. And because if it happens you can blame me.

They're ALL getting hurt.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    I'm just gonna say it now to get it out of the way. And because if it happens you can blame me.

All 15 rostered players?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

All 15 rostered players?
    Brett Brown is gonna get hit by a bus and break every bone in his body. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So looks like they've made an inquiring Porzingas...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So looks like they've made an inquiring Porzingas...
    DON'T DO IT!!!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Oh Wob...

Kinda like what your Astros did...haha

can you do that in baseball? if so, my giants should get with the process 100%. god, they suck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    If the Sixers acquire the #1 pick and Porzingas for pigeon droppings, I'm leading the grape kool-aid "process" for the Pacers rebuild.  Acquire picks and knowing that other NBA team management are run by morons.  

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Since 1966 only 3 teams have had the number one pick two years in a row. All were in the Finals within 3 years. 

Obviously there are no guarantees but the point of The Process and continuing it for 4 years and not abandoning it when they got unlucky was to put the Sixers in the best possible position to win a championship.

Kudos to Hinkie, Colangelo and this ownership group for sticking with the plan. 

GO SIXERS. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Since 1966 only 3 teams have had the number one pick two years in a row. All were in the Finals within 3 years. 

Obviously there are no guarantees but the point of The Process and continuing it for 4 years and not abandoning it when they got unlucky was to put the Sixers in the best possible position to win a championship.

GO SIXERS. 
    Why don't I remember Anthony Bennett being drafted by the Cavs, lol...
  • Options
    Hopefully KP goes to the Suns
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195

GO SIXERS. 
    you really want to count the Cavs when neither player drafted #1 was on the team when they made the Finals? 

in the last 25 years only 3 players drafted #1 have won a title for the team they were drafted by.  Tim Duncan, LeBron James and Kyrie Irving.  So 2 of those 3 you have to put an * next to considering LeBron technically won as a free agent and not a drafted player. 

and I think they gave up too much for Fultz.  His value over the other players in the top 3-5 is not worth an extra Top 5 pick in my opinion. 

It's kind of funny to hear how cocky the trust the process folks, including some of the players, have gotten in the last week or so. i  guess they forget this team was 28 games under .500 last year.  Win something before you start chirping. 

• Options

^

Yes I'd include the Cavs because one the players was traded for Kevin Love. All about acquiring assets and either using them or trading them for better fits.

As an aside, I am SO glad pjhawks is not a fan of this trade! I feel even better about it.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

^

Yes I'd include the Cavs because one the players was traded for Kevin Love. All about acquiring assets and either using them or trading them for better fits.

As an aside, I am SO glad pjhawks is not a fan of this trade! I feel even better about it.

now don't go saying I was against Fultz the player down the line.   you tend to twist arguments.  Now no one called Fultz a generational player like Simmons was supposedly or even as highly thought of as Embiid was if ever healthy. Giving up another probable top 5 pick for Fultz looks like it could be a huge reach.  I don't think that's really all that debatable at this point.  Not sure how good he is going to be but for the trade to be a win for the Sixers he is going to have to be significantly better than the players taken 3rd or later this year and whatever player ends up in that traded pick.  Of course we won't know that for sure for at least 2-3 years unless he is other worldly good.
  • Options

He's been compared to Dwayne Wade and is the absolute best fit for this team. They needed a player who could shoot, score, play off the ball, and defend the pg position on defense. There's nobody else in this draft who can do all those things.  Josh Jackson could end up being a better player, but he would not fit this team nearly as well as Fultz does. If you had to design the perfect player to add to this current team, Fultz is that player.

And most people are saying they can't believe the Sixers didn't have to include anything else to move up. Just a pick swap and a protected Lakers or Kings pick when still have our own picks in both years? No brainer.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fultz is a franchise lead guard, future All-Star, and a player any organization can build around. He's best utilized on the ball with shooting around him, as he's a tremendous pick and roll player (30.4% of his offense, 93rd percentile) who can score at all three levels and facilitate with creativity. He's no slouch off the ball either, as he's a capable, yet improving, spot shooter and excellent playing off of closeouts. Fultz also has the size and length to defend twos, and even some threes in smaller lineups. All in all, he's a versatile, plug and play lead guard with star potential who is easy to build around or fit into a current roster. With the Sixers agreeing to a deal with the Celtics that will land them the #1 pick in Thursday's draft, Fultz's fate has already decided, and from a basketball standpoint, Philadelphia is an excellent fit for the 6'5 guard. Fultz's ability to play either guard spot blends very well with 2016 #1 pick Ben Simmons, who is at his best in grab and go situations and thrives as a half-court facilitator. On the ball, pairing Fultz with a pick and roll partner who can pop and shoot would be ideal for his offensive production, and Simmons leaves something to be desired there, but his ability to pop and playmake makes him a threat nonetheless. Joel Embiid gives the Huskies guard a versatile big who can lob-catch on hard rolls, or space the floor out to the three-point line comfortably. Dario Saric and Richaun Holmes also have some stretch-ability relative to their positions, and Robert Covington, although coming off a down year shooting the ball, spaces the floor at the combo forward spot. Head coach Brett Brown can even get creative with Fultz as the screener given Simmons' ability to handle out of ball screens. Simmons' lack of shooting does shrink the floor a little bit for Fultz when he's on the ball, but the shifty guard should have more than enough room to operate, and his dynamic ball screen shot creation will fit well on a team that's been sorely lacking a three-level scorer at the guard spot. The fact that he has another facilitator next to him in Simmons will likely alleviate some pressure early on, especially because the Sixers are still searching for more of a long-term option at the two. A player like J.J. Redick, a free agent this offseason, could be a great fit given his shooting, toughness on defense, and non-ball-dominant efficient style of play. The Sixers finished last in the NBA in transition points per possession last season, but they at least want to get up and down (fifth in the NBA in pace), which also suits Fultz's strengths extremely well. He can lane-fill next to Simmons or push himself, using his herky jerky style of play to put pressure on the rim and find athletes or shooters.
    Please enable Javascript to watch this video
    Culture fit is even more important than personnel fit for a player like Fultz, as he's fresh off of a nine-win season at a Washington program that lacked discipline and structure. The Maryland native would really benefit from going to an organization with strong infrastructure, a winning culture, and an emphasis on defense, which are definitely areas the Sixers are still developing. As was the case at Washington, it's easy for Fultz to fade in and out defensively - he has to be challenged and held accountable there. The fact that he's next to young up and coming stars will definitely make the Sixers exciting, but Fultz, a worker himself, will benefit from more of a veteran presence, like a Redick. The Celtics may have been a better organizational fit for Fultz in terms of challenging him and eliminating some of his defensive habits, but the Sixers are a franchise on the rise that's loaded with young talent, and Fultz has a perfect opportunity to grow with them, win sooner than their ages would suggest, and build something special long-term in Philadelphia. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Markelle-Fultz-90302/ ©DraftExpress
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

He's been compared to Dwayne Wade and is the absolute best fit for this team. They needed a player who could shoot, score, play off the ball, and defend the pg position on defense. There's nobody else in this draft who can do all those things.  Josh Jackson could end up being a better player, but he would not fit this team nearly as well as Fultz does. If you had to design the perfect player to add to this current team, Fultz is that player.

And most people are saying they can't believe the Sixers didn't have to include anything else to move up. Just a pick swap and a protected Lakers or Kings pick when still have our own picks in both years? No brainer.

did you order your jersey yet? 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

You're confusing me with someone else.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

You're confusing me with someone else.
    well let's hope this years 1st pick actually plays a game or 82 for this team this year.  Would be a very nice start to have everyone healthy come opening night.
  • Options
    How about having Fultz and Simmons battle it out for rookie of the year next year too? Man this is going to be fun
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    How about having Fultz and Simmons battle it out for rookie of the year next year too? Man this is going to be fun

as long as everyone stays healthy.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly