Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    James Harden is pretty good. I think the Sixers handled themselves well last night in front of a national audience. Rockers are damn good team.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    edited January 2017

James Harden is pretty good. I think the Sixers handled themselves well last night in front of a national audience. Rockers are damn good team.

The Rockers? yeah they were a good wwe team back in the 80's/90's :wink:

:lol: pretty good? He's def. top 10, maybe top 5. But yeah The Sixers played pretty well against a very good team. Bulls up next.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Sixers turned down a trade offer from Cavs for TJ. Say what you want about the guy but he's certainly made the most of his opportunity in this league. I'm good with him as a backup pg once this team gets good...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Need to work on their defense now, opponents are averaging like 115 points in the past 5 games.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Big win over the Kings for that pick swap.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2017
    someone on this board said the lakers would be good this year. wanted the laker pick to convey last year (for Kris Dunn, who blows). Also same guy wanted D'angel Russell. 610 action. hahaha

trust the process kids. wish hinkie was around to see it through. business as usual - Process is on point. TTP

Go Lakers (please win some games you losers). Everyone beat the Kings. Sixers keep losing every game by one point.

I like Ilyasova but they need to start moving people so they can open up roster spots, strategize on cap space, and let saric/simmons play. I'd sell high. Also, if someone wants McConnell (who has been great), dump him. Randle is prob the same player -- possibly better because he can shoot. Backup PGs don't have value and TJ is not a starter on a good team.

Trade Okafat for a bag of balls. I'd showcase that fat fuck to try to trade him (not getting anything), which also helps tank for the next few weeks. Losing is still good for the rest of this season. Next year it's on
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Two instances where the poster above indicated he wanted the Sixers to take Russell:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5809260#Comment_5809260

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5858423#Comment_5858423

Now he says he doesn't like him, and in his next breath calls the guy Hinkie took one slot after a "bag of balls." You are quite incoherent at 4 in the morning. No doubt in my mind Hinkie would've, rightly, taken Russell over Okafur had the SIxers had the 2nd pick. I'd much rather have him than Okafur right now and smart, rational, Sixers fans would agree with that.
    -------
    The Lakers would've been much better had they not made some horrible moves last summer. Everyone knows this.
    -----
    For someone who was so irrationally upset when Colangelo first got the job, I'm surprised to hear you like Ilyasova. Maybe this shows some growth? ....nah
    ----

And just for fun, remember when you irrationally wanted the Sixers to trade for Carmello Anthony? ha
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/3471493#Comment_3471493
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Worth a watch when you have the time-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp1Doi0weds
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    surprised to turn on the game last night and Embiid wasn't playing after Dr. Juggler declared him healthy. oh well.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

surprised to turn on the game last night and Embiid wasn't playing after Dr. Juggler declared him healthy. oh well.

So a knee contusion is the same serious injury that caused him to miss the last two years?

TAKE = SCORCHING
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    never said it was. i was just surprised that Dr. Juggler called him healthy but he sat last night due to injury.

and did you see my boy Jameer Nelson got thrown out of the game last night in the first 5 seconds? that is some magic words to get tossed that early.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

never said it was. i was just surprised that Dr. Juggler called him healthy but he sat last night due to injury.

and did you see my boy Jameer Nelson got thrown out of the game last night in the first 5 seconds? that is some magic words to get tossed that early.

He would not be on the court this year if he wasn't healthy, Takes. This is a completely separate minor injury.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    McConnell out rebounded Okafor, Noel and Holmes last night.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    BULLS INQUIRING ABOUT 76ERS BIG MAN AND CHICAGO NATIVE JAHLIL OKAFOR, PER SOURCES

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bulls/bulls-inquiring-about-76ers-big-man-and-chicago-native-jahlil-okafor-sources-nba-trade-deadline-rumors

HOUSTON — The Bulls have been active with the trade deadline approaching, and they've inquired about the availability of Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor, multiple league sources tell CSNChicago.com.

Okafor, a Chicago native in his second season, has fallen victim to both a numbers game in Philadelphia and also a changing game, as he's more of a traditional half-court center who isn't defensively inclined.

He's on the trading block as the 76ers have surged with the play of Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel manning the middle, and the Bulls are interested, as they don't have much in the way of low-post scoring.

Okafor averaged 17.5 points and 7.0 rebounds in 53 games last year for a 76ers team that wasn't in a position to compete, and with the emergence of Embiid, a true franchise center, Okafor has been glued to the bench more times than not while also battling nagging injuries.

[SHOP BULLS: Get your Bulls gear right here]

This season, Okafor has appeared in 33 games and averaged 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds in 23 minutes per game in his second season out of Duke. He was the third pick in the 2015 draft.

So far, there's more interest on the Bulls' side than the 76ers' side, according to sources, but the Bulls are interested in Okafor's services. Because salaries have to match and Okafor is on a rookie-scale deal, one wonders how it can work if the 76ers aren't enamored with some of the Bulls' young players who've yet to fully blossom. The Bulls could conceivably open up talks to a third team if need be, considering it isn't likely they'd want to part with any future first-round picks as they're still deciding how they are to proceed with franchise direction in the next couple seasons.

Talks aren't necessarily heating up, but they aren't dead. It's interesting how they could see using Okafor as a low-post scorer while currently having Cristiano Felicio and Robin Lopez at center.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I feel like turning a top 3 pick into a lottery protected pick would not be ideal, no?
  • Options

I feel like turning a top 3 pick into a lottery protected pick would not be ideal, no?

Nope. Pretty much everyone expected pennies on the dollar though. Not a done deal yet obviously...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    Rumours today of Sixers and Pelicans. Initial talk of Okafor for protected 1st Rd pick and Asik/Ajinta. Now it's expanded to talking about Phi taking Jrue Holiday back in the deal, also possibility of 3rd team involved

Not sure why Pels would want Okafor, not sure of the fit next to Davis. As a Bulls fan, I don't mind the idea of trading for him. It will be worth a shot and I think the Bulls should blow up the team and start from scratch, so brining in a young PF is not a bad place to start.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    so much for Miami's winning streak :wink::smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    so what do we think, scenario A or B?

A - Embiid is really hurt (despite Dr. Juggler's healthy diagnosis) but he's a fucking moron for dancing on stage at a concert with a bum knee

OR

B - the Sixers are lying and were tanking again but had to come up with some explanation after Embiid's dance at the concert and came up with the miniscus story?.

with the way this organization operates I lean towards scenario B.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Alternative facts are not facts. They are falsehoods. In regards to his "health" we were specifically talking about the injury that kept him out for his first two seasons....not the knee injury which sprang up shortly thereafter. If he was not healthy, there is no way they would've let him on the court this year. His foot is fine.

Clearly they made a mistake playing him against the Rockets. That is odd and not in line with how cautious they've been over the last couple of years.

If his knee was fine, he'd be playing right now. Better to be as cautious as possible. Great reporting by Derek Bodner on the knee injury, by the way.

Absolutely love the way Saric is playing lately. Good win last night.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So a Jah trade could happen in the very near future...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    3 in a row now

so Joel is gonna be out at least until after the all star break?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    This Jah situation is ridiculous.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    and now Brown is saying Simmons might not play all year. with an injury a guy on my Hawks just suffered and they said the recovery is 2 months. interesting. Can we change the title of this thread to Quadruple tank?
  • Options
    A coworker ran into a bunch of the Sixers at Rumors nightclub. He snuck into VIP and was asked who he was. He said he was Stauskas' cousin and Nick went along with it so he could stay in VIP. Simmons wouldn't take a pic because he's underage.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    JK_Livin said:

A coworker ran into a bunch of the Sixers at Rumors nightclub. He snuck into VIP and was asked who he was. He said he was Stauskas' cousin and Nick went along with it so he could stay in VIP. Simmons wouldn't take a pic because he's underage.

haha. Just buy a bottle! Those guys love Rumor. Place blows.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

and now Brown is saying Simmons might not play all year. with an injury a guy on my Hawks just suffered and they said the recovery is 2 months. interesting. Can we change the title of this thread to Quadruple tank?

I think they're just being overly cautious like they have been all along (with the obvious exception of letting Embiid playin the Houston game).

I told you last year that the process would continue after Hinkie was gone.
    chinese-happy.jpg