*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    JK_Livin said:
    Just another dominant all around performance by Ben and The Process...
    The process was "tanking" and no one got fined yet Cuban mentions that the team should "tank" and gets fined...

Thread integrity:  I have said this before, I hated the Process but am very happy to see Embiid and Simmons playing well.
    The league made us change GM's. Guess you overlooked that. Cuban has a lot more problems than being fined right now.
    The owners did that though and not the league essentially.  The league went right at Cuban and not from the request of the owners so I'd say it is different.

Cuban won't be made to sell his team.  He's been a progressive in the league.

The Process is also Embiid's nickname. Not too clear if you knew that.

The actual process netted us 2 of the best young players in the game and a lot of other assets as well. I highly recommend it.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_Livin said:
    The process was "tanking" and no one got fined yet Cuban mentions that the team should "tank" and gets fined...

Thread integrity:  I have said this before, I hated the Process but am very happy to see Embiid and Simmons playing well.
    The league made us change GM's. Guess you overlooked that. Cuban has a lot more problems than being fined right now.
    The owners did that though and not the league essentially.  The league went right at Cuban and not from the request of the owners so I'd say it is different.

The actual process netted us 2 of the best young players in the game and a lot of other assets as well. I highly recommend it.

That's also Embiids twitter or IG handle also?  Yes I know his nickname.

As far as "the process" goes Mr Cuban suggested it and the Knicks have been playing younger players with no experience to go that route also, so yes, the league has adopted the practice of tanking or the Process.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin said:

As far as "the process" goes Mr Cuban suggested it and the Knicks have been playing younger players with no experience to go that route also, so yes, the league has adopted the practice of tanking or the Process.

The Sixers didn't start this. It's be going on forever.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

The Sixers didn't start this. It's be going on forever.

All the Sixers did was have the patience to stick with the plan for a few years. Caring more about the long term success than the short term losses. I doubt these teams will have the perseverance to do the same if it doesn't work out initially.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    6-0 since the Eagles won the Super Bowl :smiley:

What channel was the game on last night, I couldn't find it
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

chinese-happy.jpg

Imagine if the 76ers have co ROY in Embiid and Simmons?
    Looks like Ersan is coming back. Bench is now pretty well equipped with guys who can create space  
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Ersan better be good because the bench can't score consistently.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Ersan better be good because the bench can't score consistently.

Think that's why they're getting him...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I think this pretty funny:

Philly company trolls Cleveland with billboards about signing LeBron

by John Chick 3h ago
    Twitter
    View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

A Philadelphia-based company put up three billboards on highway to downtown Cleveland this morning saying that city wanted LeBron. Here they are in order.

Power Home Remodeling is a Philadelphia area-based company that appears to have spent a few bucks for some billboards in Cleveland. The message: "Complete the Process" and have the 76ers sign LeBron James this summer.

This looks like a page straight out of Joel Embiid's book.

cutz said:
    I think this pretty funny:

Philly company trolls Cleveland with billboards about signing LeBron

by John Chick 3h ago
    Twitter
    View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

A Philadelphia-based company put up three billboards on highway to downtown Cleveland this morning saying that city wanted LeBron. Here they are in order.

Power Home Remodeling is a Philadelphia area-based company that appears to have spent a few bucks for some billboards in Cleveland. The message: "Complete the Process" and have the 76ers sign LeBron James this summer.

This looks like a page straight out of Joel Embiid's book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGvOLDXHqmY

they should have won tonight.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Will we ever have someone that can hit a consistent outside shot? I don't think it's possible at this point.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

Arguing with my friends about last night's loss. They're up in arms and the sky is falling. My feeling is that it's frustrating as fuck....but grand scheme of things, they're in really good shape. Will probably lose to the Cavs but then the schedule lightens up again. If they're losing games like that to the Nets, Hornets, Bulls, etc etc---those are the games that piss me off more. They were due to a loss to the Heat after beating them twice recently.

Dario and JJ are pretty damn consistent, dude. Roco is when he's on but he's always been inconsistent....

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2018

Arguing with my friends about last night's loss. They're up in arms and the sky is falling. My feeling is that it's frustrating as fuck....but grand scheme of things, they're in really good shape. Will probably lose to the Cavs but then the schedule lightens up again. If they're losing games like that to the Nets, Hornets, Bulls, etc etc---those are the games that piss me off more. They were due to a loss to the Heat after beating them twice recently.

Dario and JJ are pretty damn consistent, dude. Roco is when he's on but he's always been inconsistent....

I'll agree on Dario but not JJ. He's shooting the league avg on 3's, not what we paid him for. Roco doesn't even shoot anymore. I want him to shoot more. It is nice to be frustrated about losing again.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Here we go with the stats again!

Haha, totally kidding. JJ just doesn't pass the eye test, plus he went to Dook. My mom went to UNC so I already hold a grudge v. him.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

Ha....Yeah I've always had a dislike for him too because of the Duke thing.....

Totally disagree with him not being consistent though. It's the one thing, along with foul shooting, he excels at...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

That was a frustrating loss. But, i like the 76ers chances if Reddick gets that same shot in another game, in the same situation.

Report: Sixers will waive Trevor Booker to open roster spot for Ersan Ilyasova

by William Lou 12m ago
    Justin Setterfield / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Philadelphia 76ers will reportedly waive forward Trevor Booker in order to open up a roster spot to sign Ersan Ilyasova, league sources told Michael Scotto of the The Athletic.

That would make Bookers time with the Sixers remarkably short. He joined the team in a trade from the Brooklyn Nets in exchange for Nik Stauskas and Jahlil Okafor in December.

The 30-year-old played sparingly off the bench for the 76ers and scored 4.7 points per game on 56 percent shooting from the field as an energy player.

Evidently, the Sixers decided they'd prefer to have more of a shooter playing power forward - hence acquiring Ilyasova to stretch the floor for the likes of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid.

The Turkish sniper hit 36 percent from deep and scored 10.9 points per game with the Atlanta Hawks this season before reaching a buyout.

^
    Lou Williams is writing sports articles too?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    Thank God someone else gets it, lol.  TY @Cliffy6745 !
    Always knew Thad was a beast.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Lol one of the Twitter comments said “GOAT”. 
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    That’s a good team win.

That fadeaway from embiid though 
    Best win of the year 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Wanted to split these last 2 just thought it would be the other way around. Clarkson is trash. That "Dream" shake is unreal.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

I guess you could argue that was the biggest win of the Process era? It wasn't a must win or a game I thought they would get going in. But to stop the bleeding of a little 2 game losing streak, on the road, in Cleveland, in a game that the Cavs needed for positioning too---quite impressive.

Loved Dario's staredown of the Cavs' bench after that clutch three. He's never coming over guys!

chinese-happy.jpg
    Very odd that JJ and Jojo missed FT's last night.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    great win tonight as well.  For awhile thought it was going to be a letdown loss.\ after the huge win the night before.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD