*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

^
    What? An 18 game improvement is an 18 game improvement no matter where it came from. Not sure what kind of sense this makes. And they were about 4 games out of a playoff spot when Embiid got hurt....

A year or two ago you were telling us this ownership group was going to move the team out of the area without knowing they were in the process of building a state of the art practice facility across the river (that will obviously help when they are ready to spend on free agents). If they don't spend the money, when the team is ready and the opportunity presents itself, I'll be the first to call them out on it.

5 years? Hinkie was here for 2 and a half years. This year, they were in the mix for a playoff spot until Embiid got hurt and with Simmons out for the entire year.

You're just realizing the timing on that? That was another reason it made sense to knock everything down and rebuild because they were not going to get past Lebron anyway. Made sense to do what they did to be in position to strike when he's on his way out...

And again---they are currently in as good a spot as the franchise has been in 3 decades minus the peak AI years. If you can't dispute that, then stop your whining.

Maybe some people are just positive people who look on the bright side of things but i've been around here long enough to know as a Philadelphia fan that somehow someway we will end up getting fucked. our supposed 2 drafted NBA stars have played a total of 31 games in a combined 3 NBA seasons. that's the shit that happens in Philly.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    pjhawks said:

^
    What? An 18 game improvement is an 18 game improvement no matter where it came from. Not sure what kind of sense this makes. And they were about 4 games out of a playoff spot when Embiid got hurt....

A year or two ago you were telling us this ownership group was going to move the team out of the area without knowing they were in the process of building a state of the art practice facility across the river (that will obviously help when they are ready to spend on free agents). If they don't spend the money, when the team is ready and the opportunity presents itself, I'll be the first to call them out on it.

5 years? Hinkie was here for 2 and a half years. This year, they were in the mix for a playoff spot until Embiid got hurt and with Simmons out for the entire year.

You're just realizing the timing on that? That was another reason it made sense to knock everything down and rebuild because they were not going to get past Lebron anyway. Made sense to do what they did to be in position to strike when he's on his way out...

And again---they are currently in as good a spot as the franchise has been in 3 decades minus the peak AI years. If you can't dispute that, then stop your whining.

Maybe some people are just positive people who look on the bright side of things but i've been around here long enough to know as a Philadelphia fan that somehow someway we will end up getting fucked. our supposed 2 drafted NBA stars have played a total of 31 games in a combined 3 NBA seasons. that's the shit that happens in Philly.
    Some people see our team's get fucked by constantly by doing the same thing over and over again--hence, The Process and a bright future staring us in the face as a result. Just takes others longer to realize these things.

So I guess you cannot dispute that this team is in a better position now than they have been for most of the last three decades...
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

^

Some people see our team's get fucked by constantly by doing the same thing over and over again--hence, The Process and a bright future staring us in the face as a result. Just takes others longer to realize these things.

So I guess you cannot dispute that this team is in a better position now than they have been for most of the last three decades...
    of course i can
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

^

of course i can
    Then do it. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Here's someone who has too much time on his hands:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    May 16th. 1 and 4

TTP
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    M. Night Shyamalan is doing a part 2 to Unbreakable. Samuel L. Jackson is getting up there in the years ... Mr Glass. Might need to find new talent to play the role
    edited May 2017

Looks like this is the new court. Miss the actual logo, but it's not bad. Clean.

I wish they would put some more red down the sidelines and/or, kinda like it was at the Spectrum:

chinese-happy.jpg

Looks like this is the new court. Miss the actual logo, but it's not bad. Clean.

I wish they would put some more red down the sidelines and/or, kinda like it was at the Spectrum:

agree too much blue. i like the red along the edges like they have now.
    and in honor of Doug Overton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzU6_3GqbFo

pjhawks said:
    Ha. Maybe he forgot to take his meds.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    One week!!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I love me some Kyle Lowry but the Sixers aren't really in position to sign 31 year old vets right now. I doubt these rumors are true...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Also, he'd be giving up 50 mil to come play for us.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    I love me some Kyle Lowry but the Sixers aren't really in position to sign 31 year old vets right now. I doubt these rumors are true...
    i'd be surprised to see it.  If you think Simmons is going to be ok no need to sign a point that would need to start.  they need wings who can shoot and defend.
     Yeah me too. I loved him when i saw him play in HS. Kid was tough. But, i agree that the 76ers shouldn't sign him. Not in ther situation.

Though, they do need shooters, i'm still trying to get a point guard  too(Depending how the ping-pong balls bounce).
    cutz said:
     Yeah me too. I loved him when i saw him play in HS. Kid was tough. But, i agree that the 76ers shouldn't sign him. Not in ther situation.

Though, they do need shooters, i'm still trying to get a point guard  too(Depending how the ping-pong balls bounce).
    We'll know a lot more this time next week, that's for sure.

Kinda hard to believe Lowry is 31 now (or will be soon). Time really is flying by!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:

We'll know a lot more this time next week, that's for sure.

Kinda hard to believe Lowry is 31 now (or will be soon). Time really is flying by!
    it's going to be kind of wild if they get #1 or #2 because what do you do then?  You don't really need Fultz or Ball as they are constructed now but passing on them long term could look really stupid.  in a weird way getting 3rd or 4th might be better for them to take the decision out of their hands.  best case scenario to me is they end up with Monk and Jackson.
    edited May 2017
    If they are lucky enough to be in position to draft Fultz, you absolutely have to take him.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    If they are lucky enough to be in position to draft Fultz, you absolutely have to take him.
    I'd take him too. He can score the ball that's for sure. Though, believe it or not, he hurt his knee during last season, and you know if they were to get lucky and draft him he'll miss next season>LOL>

If for some reason ther unlucky with the ping-pong balls and draft 5th or 6th i'd take Jason Tatum. If he's still ther.  He's 6' 8" and very versatile and plays good D, and can shoot 3's.  Right now i think he's better then Josh Jackson, though i would take him too.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    how many times have any of you guys seen Fultz play?  I watch a ton of college basketball  and watched a shitload of Pac-12 this year and only saw him briefly 2x this year.  Everyone says he is the consensus #1 so I'll take their word for it but i find it funny to hear people talk about him like they've seen him a bunch. most haven't.

so Juggler does winning start to matter after this draft or do you still give them more years for the  process?  just checking in to see how next season will be rated by you.
    I probably saw Fultz as much as you. Seen almost the rest of the top 10 players much more often.

This will be the last year in the lottery.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    I probably saw Fultz as much as you. Seen almost the rest of the top 10 players much more often.

This will be the last year in the lottery.
    same with the rest of the top 10.  really like most of those guys too.  i think of lot of good NBA players in this bunch.  Even at 6-10 they should get some good players this year.  
    T
    T
    P
    chinese-happy.jpg
    pjhawks said:
    how many times have any of you guys seen Fultz play?  I watch a ton of college basketball  and watched a shitload of Pac-12 this year and only saw him briefly 2x this year.  Everyone says he is the consensus #1 so I'll take their word for it but i find it funny to hear people talk about him like they've seen him a bunch. most haven't.

so Juggler does winning start to matter after this draft or do you still give them more years for the  process?  just checking in to see how next season will be rated by you.
     I'm the same as you: i saw a TON of College Hoops , but i only saw Fultz a couple of times. He can score the ball and can play without the ball too. I think Ball is a better OVERALL player then Fultz., though he needs the ball. Fultz is a better scorer/shooter, but Ball is better passer/handle/rebounder. 

But, who will the 76ers take if they pick #4 or lower? Tatum, Issac, Fox, Monk?

And, do you guys want the #1 Pick or 2 picks(getting the Lakers pick) in this draft? And if they do get 2 picks  , would you draft one and trade the other pick or keep both picks?

Magic Johnson flew 3,000 Miles, for nothing? HMMM!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    fuck the lakers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13