*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

A coworker ran into a bunch of the Sixers at Rumors nightclub. He snuck into VIP and was asked who he was. He said he was Stauskas' cousin and Nick went along with it so he could stay in VIP. Simmons wouldn't take a pic because he's underage.

haha. Just buy a bottle! Those guys love Rumor. Place blows.
    I've never been there, he's 20 years younger than I.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    It also doesn't help that all the sports suck in this town. That run in January was great and then they pull back the reigns. I understand and in the big picture it's beneficial to lose this year but when watching them, I want them to win.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    The funny thing is if they hold Embiid out for a lot longer, guess who becomes a contender for rookie of the year?

...Mr. Dario Saric
    chinese-happy.jpg

The funny thing is if they hold Embiid out for a lot longer, guess who becomes a contender for rookie of the year?

...Mr. Dario Saric

Yup. Ibaka to the Raqptors. Hopefully Orlando can out lose to the Lakers now.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189

pjhawks said:

and now Brown is saying Simmons might not play all year. with an injury a guy on my Hawks just suffered and they said the recovery is 2 months. interesting. Can we change the title of this thread to Quadruple tank?

I think they're just being overly cautious like they have been all along (with the obvious exception of letting Embiid playin the Houston game).

I told you last year that the process would continue after Hinkie was gone.
    if Simmons doesn't play all season it's a fucking joke. stop buying into all this franchise's bullshit.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

and now Brown is saying Simmons might not play all year. with an injury a guy on my Hawks just suffered and they said the recovery is 2 months. interesting. Can we change the title of this thread to Quadruple tank?

I think they're just being overly cautious like they have been all along (with the obvious exception of letting Embiid playin the Houston game).

if Simmons doesn't play all season it's a fucking joke. stop buying into all this franchise's bullshit.
    Simmons not playing is bullshit. Same injury as Durant had, right?
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

All I'm saying is what I told you last year---that the process didn't end when Hinkie left. Same doctors and same cautious approach.....which makes the Houston game all the more confusing.

But yeah, I can't wait for him to get back on the court. Hopefully sooner than later.

They're still fun to watch....even lately without Jah out there slowing everything down.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Jah will be back with the team tonight in Boston. Ugh.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2017
    So if Ben is really hurt worse than expected then it's obviously not the Sixers fault and they should take all the time he needs to fully heal. Absolutely no need to rush him back.

But deliberately lying about the timeline just to sell tickets or something is bullshit. They're not "tanking" again like some people think...but it appears as if they're misleading their fans which is inherently worse in my opinion.

No problems with the moves Colangelo has made and not made thus far.....but he's really botched this stuff. Instead of lying--just say nothing like Hinkie!

GO SIXERS.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How do you screw the fans even more? If they just told the truth, fans would back off and stop asking when is he going to play. Colangelo has a lot to learn about working in a big market.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Cousins traded and Kings essentially tanking rest of season. Sixers' odds of getting top 3 pick increases dramatically....can't say this enough: Thank You Sam Hinkie.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Fuck--I forgot he also poached their 2019 1st round pick from them as well!

Can't believe how well this team is set up for the future...

This is what people have been talking about with regard to these assets Hinkie collected. Essentially for nothing other than cap space, he acquired what's gotta be one of the most coveted assets in the league, now, with this '19 pick. Similar to what Boston has of Brooklyn's this year. That Kings team will be bad for years to come. I can't imagine a free agent choosing to sign there in the next few years.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Hinkie!! I think we are actually better off by not trading Jah now that Cousins is gone fro Sac. Come on Magic and tank better than the Lakers.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited February 2017
    JK_Livin said:

Hinkie!! I think we are actually better off by not trading Jah now that Cousins is gone fro Sac. Come on Magic and tank better than the Lakers.

Yeah I'd rather have this scenario as opposed to Colangelo pulling the trigger on that rumored Jah to Pelicans deal from last week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    No wonder I consider him one of the best covering this team.

Agreed:

chinese-happy.jpg

Agreed:

Can't believe Eskin still doesn't see the light. As Bodner said, what progress had they achieved in the previous 10 years that was hopeful?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Agreed:

Can't believe Eskin still doesn't see the light. As Bodner said, what progress had they achieved in the previous 10 years that was hopeful?
    Antiquated way of thinking verses a new way of thinking. Everything they have right now and will still receive over next few years, even as they improve, is a direct result of what Hinkie did.

Teams like the Knicks and Kings (ha!) and many others wish they were in the Sixers position right now.
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

Agreed:

Antiquated way of thinking verses a new way of thinking. Everything they have right now and will still receive over next few years, even as they improve, is a direct result of what Hinkie did.

Teams like the Knicks and Kings (ha!) and many others wish they were in the Sixers position right now.
    Hopefully the Lakers don't unload Lou.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    edited February 2017
    We got it...

If this city is good at one thing, it's beating a dead horse.

We got it...

One of their assets just became GOLD. You think we're not gonna come in here and gloat for a bit?
    chinese-happy.jpg

We got it...

One of their assets just became GOLD. You think we're not gonna come in here and gloat for a bit?
    Okafor did?

Year 3 or 4 of slurping Hinkie is my point...
    edited February 2017

We got it...

Okafor did?

The Kings swap this year and getting their '19 first rounder for exactly nothing....just became way more valuable with the Cousins trade. As annoying as you think it is, that Kings trade Hinkie made could turn out to be one of the best of this franchise's history.
    chinese-happy.jpg

We got it...

Okafor did?

The Kings swap this year and getting their '19 first rounder for exactly nothing....just became way more valuable with the Cousins trade. As annoying as you think it is, that Kings trade Hinkie made could turn out to be one of the best of this franchise's history.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I get that.

Regardless, looking forward to heading down there Friday. Hope Embiid plays...
    Pacers sniffing around Jah
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Welp, there goes my Sweet Lou hopes even though I figured he'd be traded.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    playing devil's advocate here, if your top player is battling injuries after having missed 2 seasons and your #1 pick from last year has a bad foot that might or might not be healing correctly why the rush to trade a guy who was the 3rd pick in the draft? I get the Okafor won't work with Embiid but is it wrong to suggest you might want to wait until the off season to see how healthy Embiid and Simmons truly are before dealing Okafor?

edited February 2017
    pjhawks said:

playing devil's advocate here, if your top player is battling injuries after having missed 2 seasons and your #1 pick from last year has a bad foot that might or might not be healing correctly why the rush to trade a guy who was the 3rd pick in the draft? I get the Okafor won't work with Embiid but is it wrong to suggest you might want to wait until the off season to see how healthy Embiid and Simmons truly are before dealing Okafor?

Valid point but that's also why you don't just give him away to NO with a top 20 protected pick.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    No Embiid Friday either, it sounds. Those speculative tickets are turning into duds. Oh well. Night out with the fellas...
    Bye Ersan. More time for Dario. Don't fuck it up Colangelo.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer