Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Looks to me like it was just a 'playful' thing. Deadspin has been showing weekly debauchery at the tailgates and it has turned into a (borderline annoying) one-upsmanship game to get on deadspin.
    There was always crazy shit in every corner of Orchard Park on game days (even the night before)... but now there is this whole "wrestling moves into a table" thing. I did laugh my ass off at the guy on fire though and everyone's reactions.

I also expected this team to be better. 16 Consecutive playoffless years now and 20 since the last playoff win or 7,312 days. You kind of get used to it.
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Dareus Suspension
    Ragland gone for the year
    & who knows when Lawson will be healthy. Only the Bills... Season already going in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Looks like the one year the bills could have done something and beaten a Tom Brady less Patriots team has gone out the window. It won't be pretty seeing them lose to Jimmy Garropollos Patriots.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Yeah, hasnt been a good camp. Who knows though? The NFL is very hard to predict and usually centers around the QB anyways. T-Mobile has potential and showed promise last season, the offense has tools and a good OC.... but teams have a year of film on him now and he needs to figure out how to throw over the middle. I also suspect a QB who uses his speed that much isnt sustainable.

They need to have a good start. They have a brutal mid-schedule stretch of games. Thanks to that fat lard Dareus, they are starting even more behind than they were before
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Bring back Orton!
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Watkins out for at least 8 weeks. My white flag is officially at half mast. :angry:
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited November 2016
    What the fucking fuck? I mean....fuck, what the hell just happened?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    richard sherman is a punk.

yes, buffalo got completely hosed at the end of the half :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That was shameful. It was like 4 decisions in a row that were wrong and screwed the bills. Honestly, sherman should have been ejected
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
  • Options
    Barring a miracle, it will be another year without playoffs. :angry: This team is average at best. We have one win against a team with a winning record.
  • Options
    Would be a lot of fun to be at this game today.
  • Options
    Make it 17 years :angry:
  • Options
    Good riddance, Rex. I agree with the move and also believe that Whaley needs to go. Whomever the next coach is needs to be kept at least 4-5 years.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

Good riddance, Rex. I agree with the move and also believe that Whaley needs to go. Whomever the next coach is needs to be kept at least 4-5 years.

Seems a bit extreme to get rid of Rex already, no?? Only gave him 2 years with Tyrod Taylor as his QB....sounds like Whaley is a big problem too.
  • Options

Seems a bit extreme to get rid of Rex already, no?? Only gave him 2 years with Tyrod Taylor as his QB....sounds like Whaley is a big problem too.
    I don't think Rex was the right hire to begin with. Whaley is a problem. Maybe more of a problem than Rex. It's so laughable that Whaley negotiated a deal where Tyrod Taylor is guaranteed $30 Million next year if he is still on the roster. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • Options
    Tyrod informed the team he had surgery for a sports hernia yesterday.
  • Options
    Tyrod better not be on the Roster when he is due that $30M. Unbelievable! Why do I like this team? They are not serious about winning.
  • Options

Lol. A buddy of mine posted this on my FB today. This organization has been a joke for the longest time.
  • Options

Tyrod better not be on the Roster when he is due that $30M. Unbelievable! Why do I like this team? They are not serious about winning.

If I understand correctly, the cap hit will only be $15.9M. In a world where Kirk Cousins could get $25M, that seems reasonable based on Tyrod's stats. There are only around 15 people in the world that can play NFL QB with competence. Tyrod seems to be on that cusp based on stats.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Jason P said:

If I understand correctly, the cap hit will only be $15.9M. In a world where Kirk Cousins could get $25M, that seems reasonable based on Tyrod's stats. There are only around 15 people in the world that can play NFL QB with competence. Tyrod seems to be on that cusp based on stats.
    Yeah I didn't realize this until my brother in law who is a bills fan told me. It's $30 mil over 2 years, so it's not as bad as it sounds
  • Options
    It is really bad and disjointed management throughout.

Wilson had his money guys and his lifers running the team over his last 10 years-ish. The goal was not necessarily to win... it was to appease the fans enough so they would tolerate and continue to support the management structure. They became masters at outsourcing blame to whatever head coach or lead scout they sacrificed. One time, Ralph Wilson himself fell on the sword when he 'stepped down' in 2013 to hand control to Russ Brandon (who really had control for years).

For some inexplicable reason, Terry Pegula has kept the same management who was tasked with basically keeping the franchise on moth balls waiting for Wilson's death. We are witnessing the death throes of the management, and we have witnessed since Wilson's death. Starting with the Watkins trade and Russ Brandon standing there and clapping like a fool, all the fighting with Marrone and the circus surrounding his dismissal... Bill Polian apparently coming in as a consultant and declining because someone with the Bills was 'badmouthing' him.
    The circus around the Rex Ryan hire and the strange accountibility structure, culminating with the events of the past 2 weeks. Throughout, tons of leaks from the organization.

The bad thing is, Pegula is allowing this management to continue. They are desperate and will continue to make bad moves chasing the 8-8 record. There is going to be cap trouble and they will continue the mistake of trading up in the draft, costing assets.

What they need is for Pegula to clean house and salt the Earth. Make an offer to someone... dont know, maybe Caserio from New England... cant refuse with a long time window 10 years, $100 Mil to build from the top down. Full authority. Take a step back, cleanse the cap numbers, be wary of long committments... trade down in the draft, a lot... build on both lines... and spend a lot of effort in finding and developing the franchise QB.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

He is kind of bad. Unable to throw to or see the middle of the field. Cannot beat any good defense... it is semi-hopeless. Once a team stops the run and/or takes a small lead, the game is over. You force Taylor to pass and its over

I am also against the running QB. He is going to get hurt.

then, mix that in with the Bills' idiotic habit of 'committing' to a QB, thus refusing to bring in anyone who could ever possibly compete for the job... being deathly afraid of QB contraversy
  • Options
    Are you better off with EJ then Tyrod? Maybe lure Orton out of retirement with a lifetime membership card to Great Clips? The draft looks to be a bummer year for QBs.

Maybe Blaine Gabbert will be available.

These are the questions you must ask before kicking Tyrod to the curb.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    MayDay10 said:

Jason P said:

He is kind of bad. Unable to throw to or see the middle of the field. Cannot beat any good defense... it is semi-hopeless. Once a team stops the run and/or takes a small lead, the game is over. You force Taylor to pass and its over

I am also against the running QB. He is going to get hurt.

then, mix that in with the Bills' idiotic habit of 'committing' to a QB, thus refusing to bring in anyone who could ever possibly compete for the job... being deathly afraid of QB contraversy
    Taylor is bad. I watched plenty of the Bills this year (McCoy was my fantasy RB and I bet on them a lot this year for some reason) and Taylor would make so many awful decisions. But then every once in awhile he would throw a beautiful deep ball or make a great play on his feet....I could see how he would be super frustrating to root for as your QB. I thought that their offensive play calling this year was terrible. I know he missed a game or 2, but McCoy only had 230 carries the whole year and averaged over 5 yards per carry.....feed him the ball! I really don't get why this guy Anthony Lynn is a head coaching candidate.

It sounds like the whole organizational structure there is a mess. The GM didn't have any say on the firing of the head coach??? Crazy.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Are you better off with EJ then Tyrod? Maybe lure Orton out of retirement with a lifetime membership card to Great Clips? The draft looks to be a bummer year for QBs.

Maybe Blaine Gabbert will be available.

These are the questions you must ask before kicking Tyrod to the curb.

I am sick of them chasing .500. Essentially, that is what Tyrod is. I will freely admit with confidence that the Bills are not going to win the Superbowl in the next 3 years. I would trade places with the Browns right now any day of the week.

A journeyman like Hoyer, maybe Cutler, etc could possibly be an adequate bridge for a year or 2 until they find a QB.
  • Options
    Although a lot better than EJ, Taylor is not the answer. We had one win against a team with a winning record this year and that was against New England and their third string quarterback.
  • Options
    Another thing that really grinds my gears: The Bills Facebook page. Whoever manages it loves to shove the great rushing attack right down our throats. It makes me sick. A great running game amounted to 1 win against a team with a winning record and no playoffs. You have to be able to pass your way to victory in this league and Taylor can't do that nearly consistent enough. I would rather be in the Browns position - no joke. The Bills make me sick sometimes.
  • Options
    Sean McDermott. I don't have much of an opinion on the guy, but I think we have to give him 4-5 years. The revolving door at coach isn't helping. Either is hiring the the wrong HC *cough cough...Rex Ryan. Can't believe his mall Santa of a brother Rob is being considered for the defensive coordinator of the Redskins.