Options

2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    word is they approached Gruden about the 'upcoming' (at the time) vacancy.

Gruden got so nervous he hurried up and extended a large contract with MNF
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    MayDay10 wrote:
    word is they approached Gruden about the 'upcoming' (at the time) vacancy.

Gruden got so nervous he hurried up and extended a large contract with MNF

Speaking of Gruden, he is the best color man in the NFL. I think he is more entertaining than Madden ever was..
  • Options
    Im interested to see what happens.

The biggee is who is going to be making the personnel decisions.

I have hope that they are finally looking for someone qualified to evaluate and put out a winning football team. The AFC East we have Belichick, Parcells, luckily we have the clowns that run the Jets...... but the Bills need someone who can build a program of winning football.

I feel a little energized as a Bills fan that there is the possibily of the mess getting fixed. I have decided to attend the Dolphins game afte Thanksgiving. I was just going to eat those tickets (as well as the other 2 home games)
  • Options
    speaking of the bills, anyone see eric wood's injury? ouch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3sxYA16Qfk
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jimed14 wrote:

well, they won a superbowl with Jim McMahon (78.2 career passer rating) and went to a Super Bowl with Rex Grossman (70.2 rating). So, I repeat, it's not only about the QB.

No, it's not only about the QB, but, how many teams have won with shitty QBs?

How much do the odds improve with a great QB?

You have NO idea what you're talking about. I would define a great QB with a rating above 90, or for arguments sake let's say 85. Here is a list of Super Bowl winning QB's with their career ratings:

Starr 80.5
    Namath 65.5
    Dawson 82.6
    Unitas 78.2
    Stabach 83.4
    Bob Greise 77.1
    Bradshaw 70.4
    Plunkett 67.5
    Montana 92.3
    Theismann 77.4
    Simms 78.5
    D. Williams 69.4
    Hostetler 80.5
    Rypien 78.9
    Aikman 81.6
    Young 96.8
    Favre 86.1
    Elway 79.9
    Warner 93.6
    Dilfer 70.2
    Brady 93.6
    B Johnson 82.5
    B. Roelthisberger 90.5
    P. Manning 95.3
    Eli Manning 77.6

So, out of 26 SB Winning Qb's, only 7 have a rating above 85. This is 27%.

Let me reiterate for the ones who know not what they speak. IT IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE QB. Do your homework son.

I agree with you. In football its all about everyone on offence or defence excuting. The QB can execute perfectly, but if the O line commits to many penatlies receivers don't run correct routes, the offence will not click.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Thanks Lukin!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Thanks Lukin!
    I'm not going to check. but I am thinking that during their super bowl years the QB rating was much higher. I am a cowboy fan so I know Aikman's rating suffered at the beginning of his career and at the end when he was battling injuries. I am going to stand by my original point that that everyone has to do their job in order for a QB to be successful.

On the Bills coaching, I was hoping Shannahan comes to Dallas. Maybe Jones tries to get Cowher. Baring a miracle I see the coaches ushered out at season's end.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    didn't watch the game but nice comeback to squish the fish!
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    Maybe TO will actually catch, catchable balls now!!!

I'm not into the stats you guys are tossing around but I thought I'd quote myself. 98yrds, 56yrds....Where was this under the coach he didn't like?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    I heard the Bills are looking hard at Tim Tebow. This is a desperate move by a floundering franchise but if it works, they might avoid becoming the LA Mexicans next year.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I heard the Bills are looking hard at Tim Tebow. This is a desperate move by a floundering franchise but if it works, they might avoid becoming the LA Mexicans next year.

LA Mexicans? Reallly?

Glad you bumped this thread ... it shows how ABSOLUTELY right I am with regard to needing a top notch QB in TODAY'S NFL.

Chalk up another superbbowl with two of the best QBs in the game.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    haha i stole that one from a local Buffalo Comedian (Art Uzlyan).

enough with the qb arguement already!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Davidtrios wrote:
    haha i stole that one from a local Buffalo Comedian (Art Uzlyan).

enough with the qb arguement already!

I'll stop the QB arguement when you stop changing your user ID?

(Honestly, It's changed at least 3 times this morning ... is it just me?)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    I've had 3 name changes since this new thread was created last year. Whenever I bump and old thread i started, i think it automatically uses the name I had back then? you follow?

(inmytree3684, unthoughtknown and it's now davidtrios)
  • Options
    What are the chances the Bills trade for McNabb or sign Vick?
  • Options
    I hope not.

The Bills cant afford to part with any picks. In fact, they need to gain picks.

This year they should draft all Linemen (both sides) and linebackers... Unless by some miracle Sam Bradford falls to the Bills' draft slot.

no matter what we are lined up for a top 3 pick. Then we can draft the QB Locker or someone else who emerges. After that point, the Bills can think about signing/acquiring vets.

If an existing Bill isnt playing QB this season, it needs to be someone they get for free (Culpepper).

McNabb, Vick, etc do nothing but stunt any chance the Bills have at growth. Way, way, way more holes on the roster than at QB. They need to start looking at 3 seasons from now.

Dont worry, the Bills will still sell out every game this season (except the one in Toronto). Its the best party in sports.
  • Options
    Looks like Bills/Raiders are looking into Mcnabb (story added 30 mins ago)

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 406&spln=1
  • Options
    Looks like most of the chatter points to the Rams.
  • Options
    I caught a little of the game Friday- what a disaster already. My condolences go out to this shitty team.

I miss the glory days of the 90s.
  • Options
    rough start to a rough season. Only 76 quarters left.

Ill be very surprised if they win 5 games. I do think its by design though and they are planning on drafting a franchise QB next year.
  • Options
    bump :lol:
  • Options
    Of the 3 remaining games for the Pats (GB, @Buf, Mia), I think the Bills have the best shot at beating the Pats. We always have trouble up in Orchard Park. Pats may not lose the game, but it'll be close.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    LET'S GO BUFF-ALO...

Bills-Helmet1.jpg

they have no chance in hell playing the in AFC east but i still love em
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    they have no chance in hell playing the in AFC east but i still love em[/quote]

:lol::lol:

There's always The Anchor Bar!!!
  • Options
    nice win vs a division winner. i hope they can steal a game each vs NE and NYJ...you never know
  • Options
    The Buffalo Bills...2011 Super Bowl Champions. You heard it here first. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

if the bears are out of it, that would be freakin awesome. im going to buffalo later this week...gonna hit up duffs and gloat about my 2nd team
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Visited Buffalo this past June...went by the stadium....purchased a load of Bills gear....my wife's friend in Buffalo is crediting our effort towards the big opening day win. :lol: :twisted: 8-) :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    you did it tybird! LETS GO BUFFALO!
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

if the bears are out of it, that would be freakin awesome. im going to buffalo later this week...gonna hit up duffs and gloat about my 2nd team

You're a Duff's guy? They are good too. The only place I ever had a bad wing in Buffalo actually was at Rich Stadium. Kind of surprising to me.