Radiohead

1161718192022»

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,152
    mfc2006 said:

Had the opportunity to get tickets to last night's show in Portland, but had to skip because of this damn flu bug. Setlist looks incredible.

Hope you fell better, bud! The flu is rotten. I had something similar happen...had credit card/ID-only tix to the ATL show and had to eat them b/c I had a schedule mix-up and the show overlapped w/ my kids' Spring Break. A few buddies went and said it was a stellar show.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 6,792
    That Daydreaming video made my head explode. Wow. Throw in the aspect that Rachel passed earlier this year and you've got the makings of the saddest video of all time.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,299
    jjflash said:

mfc2006 said:

Had the opportunity to get tickets to last night's show in Portland, but had to skip because of this damn flu bug. Setlist looks incredible.

Hope you fell better, bud! The flu is rotten. I had something similar happen...had credit card/ID-only tix to the ATL show and had to eat them b/c I had a schedule mix-up and the show overlapped w/ my kids' Spring Break. A few buddies went and said it was a stellar show.
    thanks, man. bummed for sure, but I know that I made the right choice. I would have been miserable.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 910
    I had a really crazy experience at the Portlland show last night. I don't live in Portland so I have no idea what's happening on the local music scene. But in going to both the Seattle and Portland Radiohead shows, I've had 5 bands on my mind a lot: the 5 bands that represent my top 5 most amazing concerts ever attended. Radiohead is one of those artists and I hadn't seen them since around 2005ish. REM is another of those bands and actually holds the top spot of single best show ever attended.

I'll put the details in an REM thread but suffice to say, I was walking around between the excellent Dudu Tassa & the Kuwaitis and Radiohead and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I spied Peter freaking Buck near one of the beer gardens in the main walkway of the Moda Center!

It was like best ever live bands "worlds colliding", but how cool (but not surprising at all) that Buck would be a Radiohead fan. So that was an additional cool thing aside from just being lucky enouugh to be there at all. Wish I'd seen him after the show to hear what he though...
    JH6056 said:

I had a really crazy experience at the Portlland show last night. I don't live in Portland so I have no idea what's happening on the local music scene. But in going to both the Seattle and Portland Radiohead shows, I've had 5 bands on my mind a lot: the 5 bands that represent my top 5 most amazing concerts ever attended. Radiohead is one of those artists and I hadn't seen them since around 2005ish. REM is another of those bands and actually holds the top spot of single best show ever attended.

I'll put the details in an REM thread but suffice to say, I was walking around between the excellent Dudu Tassa & the Kuwaitis and Radiohead and had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming when I spied Peter freaking Buck near one of the beer gardens in the main walkway of the Moda Center!

It was like best ever live bands "worlds colliding", but how cool (but not surprising at all) that Buck would be a Radiohead fan. So that was an additional cool thing aside from just being lucky enouugh to be there at all. Wish I'd seen him after the show to hear what he though...

Very cool. He's a really nice guy. I ran into him at a local record store a couple of years ago & we chatted about music for a bit.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 910
    mfc2006 said:

JH6056 said:

Very cool. He's a really nice guy. I ran into him at a local record store a couple of years ago & we chatted about music for a bit.
    He is a nice guy, and he looks great! He looks healthier and just better than he did about 3 yrs ago when I saw him and Mike Mills play Big Star songs at Bumbershoot. I guess Portland is good for him?
    JH6056 said:

mfc2006 said:

JH6056 said:

He is a nice guy, and he looks great! He looks healthier and just better than he did about 3 yrs ago when I saw him and Mike Mills play Big Star songs at Bumbershoot. I guess Portland is good for him?
    I think so & he's pretty active around town from what I understand.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,257
    Anyone pumped for the Radiohead live stream from Coachella tonight?? https://www.youtube.com/coachella
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,735
    JH6056 said:

I think they've been playing Ful Stop almost every night. There were a LOT of strobe light, slightly EDM-sounding songs, so I get the rave reference. But the songs are so so much more complex and better than EDM. Idiotech (sp?) was one of the best songs live in both Seattle and Portland.

Ok that makes sense, Ful Stop, what a tune that looks like live, just relentless and heart pounding. Wish they'd come to NZ on this tour, but can't see it happening..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,796
    Tonight!
    6/24/95, 11/18/97, 7/10/98, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 6/05/03, 6/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/23/04, 7/07/06, 7/22/06, 10/21/06, 8/28/09, 10/09/09, 10/23/10, 10/03/12, 11/26/13.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 8,361
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+ 2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 6,643
    that is cool and she is smoking hot
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 8,361
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+ 2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015