I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1362363364365367

Comments

  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 8,446
    brianlux said:
    Dead Kennedys, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, remastered 180 gram vinyl.  NIce!


    I won't buy any DK records since the falling out of the band members.  So no AT stamp, I'm not buying.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    Second-hand:

    2014 Reissue.
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    brianlux said:
    Dead Kennedys, Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables, remastered 180 gram vinyl.  NIce!


    I won't buy any DK records since the falling out of the band members.  So no AT stamp, I'm not buying.
    I'd lost an old copy and HAD to have a new one, especially after meeting and hanging out with Jello.  Original issues are too pricey.
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 26,716
    Singles Soundtrack finally arrived!  And it sounds fantastic!
    1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,367
    Just arrived..


  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 6,185
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    2014 Reissue.
    Is this a repress of the 2006 Kevin Gray cut?
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 741
    Pearl Jam - Live on Ten Legs

    Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles (Original 1999 US Press) 

    Soundgarden - Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    Totally lucked out today at a local thrift store.  Pentangles first album, The Pentangle in great shape, $2.00! Best two dollars spent in some time!

     
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    MedozK said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    2014 Reissue.
    Is this a repress of the 2006 Kevin Gray cut?
    Not too sure sorry, maybe..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 6,185
    reesdog said:
    MedozK said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    2014 Reissue.
    Is this a repress of the 2006 Kevin Gray cut?
    Not too sure sorry, maybe..
    Well, if it's got Kevin Grays initial (KG) and Steve Hoffman's (SH) in the runout, then it is a definite winner,
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 9,267
    brianlux said:
    Totally lucked out today at a local thrift store.  Pentangles first album, The Pentangle in great shape, $2.00! Best two dollars spent in some time!

     
    Nice, now to find the same deal for Cruel Sister.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • TikiTiki USAPosts: 4,618


    Bristow 2010, Montreal 2011, a tale of 2 Worcesters Charlottesville Glendale 2013, Leeds Memphis 2014, Hampton Columbia Fenway Park 2 2016
    EV Providence 2011
    1991 RIP WBCN

    the chief culprit of the thread heading south
    you're welcome
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    OK, you just glanced at the photo below and are thinking, "Oh please, for God's sake, no, not already!"

    I get it!  I'm not a total bah-humbugger, but the commercialization of Christmas, as we all know, comes earlier and earlier and is more an more obnoxious (and has little, if anything, to do with the birth of a famous religious figure. I also tire of hearing Christmas music everywhere I go for several weeks on end.

    That said, I came across the album pictured below in a thrift store a couple of says ago. It is in immaculate condition so I thought I'd better give it a spin before selling it off. Well, much to my pleasant surprise, this is a keeper! I won't play it again until around mid-December at the earliest, but it will definitely get played around that time of year, ever year. Lewis Ross, A Collection of Favorite Christmas Carols:




    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,534
    brianlux said:
    OK, you just glanced at the photo below and are thinking, "Oh please, for God's sake, no, not already!"

    I get it!  I'm not a total bah-humbugger, but the commercialization of Christmas, as we all know, comes earlier and earlier and is more an more obnoxious (and has little, if anything, to do with the birth of a famous religious figure. I also tire of hearing Christmas music everywhere I go for several weeks on end.

    That said, I came across the album pictured below in a thrift store a couple of says ago. It is in immaculate condition so I thought I'd better give it a spin before selling it off. Well, much to my pleasant surprise, this is a keeper! I won't play it again until around mid-December at the earliest, but it will definitely get played around that time of year, ever year. Lewis Ross, A Collection of Favorite Christmas Carols:




    Any record that proudly proclaims itself to be "A Collection of Favourites... performed in a DELIGHTFUL MANNER" has got to be a winner :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • TikiTiki USAPosts: 4,618
    Xmas vinyl is cool!  It helps slow everything down.
    Bristow 2010, Montreal 2011, a tale of 2 Worcesters Charlottesville Glendale 2013, Leeds Memphis 2014, Hampton Columbia Fenway Park 2 2016
    EV Providence 2011
    1991 RIP WBCN

    the chief culprit of the thread heading south
    you're welcome
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 6,966
    I too collect Christmas vinyl all year round...
    Cork-Eddie-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    NO SAMPLES, KEYBOARDS OR SYNTHESIZERS USED IN THE MAKING OF THIS RECORDING....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,367
    Tiki said:
    Xmas vinyl is cool!  It helps slow everything down.
    That's a great point. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    OK, you just glanced at the photo below and are thinking, "Oh please, for God's sake, no, not already!"

    I get it!  I'm not a total bah-humbugger, but the commercialization of Christmas, as we all know, comes earlier and earlier and is more an more obnoxious (and has little, if anything, to do with the birth of a famous religious figure. I also tire of hearing Christmas music everywhere I go for several weeks on end.

    That said, I came across the album pictured below in a thrift store a couple of says ago. It is in immaculate condition so I thought I'd better give it a spin before selling it off. Well, much to my pleasant surprise, this is a keeper! I won't play it again until around mid-December at the earliest, but it will definitely get played around that time of year, ever year. Lewis Ross, A Collection of Favorite Christmas Carols:




    Any record that proudly proclaims itself to be "A Collection of Favourites... performed in a DELIGHTFUL MANNER" has got to be a winner :)
    LOL, that actually kind of made me think at first, "Ah, yeah, right."  But then it really has this finely done cover and, well, it is after all, guitar music, so I had to check it out.  Sure glad I did! 

    But afterwards, I had to get back into summer mode so cranked a little of this:


    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    I've been rather indulgent as of late.  But as they say, "Better lots of music in times of little money that lots of money in times of little music".  (Oh, no wait, I think that was about a certain herb, but you get the point!)

    One last Analogue Productions Beach Boys LP for my collection:  Holland (2 LP's, Sides one, two and three, 331/3 RPM, side four 45 RPM-- too cool!):




    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZPosts: 78

    Arcade Fire - "Everything Now" (Night variant cover with real translucent vinyl)

    Bon Iver - "Blood Bank" EP 

    Coldplay - "Kaleidoscope" EP (light blue vinyl)

    The Great Muppet Caper Soundtrack (original pressing, still sealed, $7)

    The Boxer Rebellion first three albums box set. Limited edition with "Exits", "Union", and "The Cold Still" #151/500 (finally pulled the trigger on this one. They pressed it a couple years ago, but it was pricey. Finally decided to order it and as soon as my order went through it went from "in stock" to "out of stock" on their website. Looks like I may gotten the last one! They have no plans on pressing it these again. Glad I ordered it when I did)


    The National - "Boxer" ($9 in my local shop's used bin)

    Bruce Springsteen - "Live 1975-85" Box Set (show up in the used bin as well. $15 and if I didn't know better I'd say it's never been played, the discs are pristine!)

    Yeasayer - "Odd Blood" (found this used while on vacation in Kansas City. $10. A no-brainer for me)
    Kansas City 7/03/98
    St. Louis 10/11/00
    Kansas City 10/12/00
    St. Louis 4/22/03
    Kansas City 6/12/03
    St. Louis 10/5/04
    Kansas City 5/3/10
    Phoenix (EV) 11/4/12
    Phoenix 11/19/13
    Wrigley 1 8/20/16
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,367
    ^^I love that 75-85 set.  Great versions of Thunder Road, Growing Up, so many more... and WAR!  is spectacular.. worth going to that one first off.  
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 7,367
    So I have the DMB 25 vinyl rip in FLAC.  Haven't listened to the whole thing, but sounds like a good rip even though there isn't NFO.  I can tell you that the actual selection, cuts, pressing, etc. on the vinyl itself is just top notch.  Really nicely done.  If anyone wants it, PM me for a link.  
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    Second-hand:

    Original US pressing from 1989.
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    New:

    Iggy Pop - TV Eye Live 1977.

    2017 Reissue.
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 36,172
    edited August 11
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    Original US pressing from 1989.
    So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    Original US pressing from 1989.
    So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Agree 100%, the sleeve design is pretty bad, the music though, fucking awesome.. :)
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 36,172
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    Original US pressing from 1989.
    So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Agree 100%, the sleeve design is pretty bad, the music though, fucking awesome.. :)
    So, so fucking awesome. It's so awesome, it's probably the cause of that facial. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    reesdog said:
    Second-hand:

    Original US pressing from 1989.
    So good!!!  (not that album cover though, lol. I'm not the biggest fan of random facial shots :lol: )
    Agree 100%, the sleeve design is pretty bad, the music though, fucking awesome.. :)
    So, so fucking awesome. It's so awesome, it's probably the cause of that facial. =)
    Ha! Well said..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 20,264
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?
    We're living on the edge of something big. It's a fantastic time in history to be alive.
    AMT, 1.25.15, 00:36 hrs.
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,818
    brianlux said:
    Reesdog, PJ_S, I don't have Margin Walker.  How does it match up to, say, Repeater or The Argument?
    It's an EP Brian, only has 6 tracks, but they're all great. I think you can't go wrong with anything by Fugazi, everything they released is of high quality. I'd highly recommend End Hits too, just awesome..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
Sign In or Register to comment.