I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1349350352354355393

Comments

  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CAPosts: 7,623
    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    RIP America (1776-2016)
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 10,780
    Vacation- The Go Go's
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,014

    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    Hemispheres is great. Trees, awesome!
    "Whoever pursues fear as a stigma and courage as an ideal will not live long. To shift responsibility and flaunt yourself as a  symbol of heroism will not attract people to climb after you."
    -Reinhold Messner
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 8,731
    brianlux said:

    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    Hemispheres is great. Trees, awesome!
    Those fucking oaks.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,907
    I 'inherited' a bunch of records recently when a family member passed away. There was quite a lot of stuff in there that isn't my cup of tea, but this lot have found a place on my shelves. They're all original editions bought at the time of release.
    Most of the sleeves are pretty beat up, but the records are in very good condition and they actually sound really good

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image


    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,445
    Just grabbed the Third Man Vault Jack White-Live at Third Man (with the single) for $30 while out of town! Can't wait to spin it when we get home!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,014
    mrussel1 said:

    brianlux said:

    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    Hemispheres is great. Trees, awesome!
    Those fucking oaks.
    LOL! (But in reality, one of my favorite trees next to cedars, redwoods, maples... love me some trees!)
    "Whoever pursues fear as a stigma and courage as an ideal will not live long. To shift responsibility and flaunt yourself as a  symbol of heroism will not attract people to climb after you."
    -Reinhold Messner
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    goldrush said:

    I 'inherited' a bunch of records recently when a family member passed away. There was quite a lot of stuff in there that isn't my cup of tea, but this lot have found a place on my shelves. They're all original editions bought at the time of release.
    Most of the sleeves are pretty beat up, but the records are in very good condition and they actually sound really good

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image


    Nice one goldrush, that CCR I'm guessing will be a goodie. I have a reissue of Aftermath, a very underrated Stones record.. Enjoy!

    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 8,731
    brianlux said:

    mrussel1 said:

    brianlux said:

    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    Hemispheres is great. Trees, awesome!
    Those fucking oaks.
    LOL! (But in reality, one of my favorite trees next to cedars, redwoods, maples... love me some trees!)
    Especially where you live, one of the most beautiful places in America. But I'm with you.. .Trees is one of my favorite Rush songs ever. The imagery, symbolism, metaphors are fantastic. Oh and the music too.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,907
    reesdog said:

    goldrush said:

    I 'inherited' a bunch of records recently when a family member passed away. There was quite a lot of stuff in there that isn't my cup of tea, but this lot have found a place on my shelves. They're all original editions bought at the time of release.
    Most of the sleeves are pretty beat up, but the records are in very good condition and they actually sound really good

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image


    Nice one goldrush, that CCR I'm guessing will be a goodie. I have a reissue of Aftermath, a very underrated Stones record.. Enjoy!

    Cheers. I was really surprised by how good they sound, especially given their age. I think it's clear that he looked after the vinyl a lot better than he looked after the sleeves! There was also a copy of Uncle Neil's 'Harvest' in there - how many copies of that do I need?!

    And I agree about Aftermath. It's not one that gets mentioned that often but it's a solid record.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,014
    goldrush said:

    reesdog said:

    goldrush said:

    I 'inherited' a bunch of records recently when a family member passed away. There was quite a lot of stuff in there that isn't my cup of tea, but this lot have found a place on my shelves. They're all original editions bought at the time of release.
    Most of the sleeves are pretty beat up, but the records are in very good condition and they actually sound really good

    image

    image

    image

    image

    image


    Nice one goldrush, that CCR I'm guessing will be a goodie. I have a reissue of Aftermath, a very underrated Stones record.. Enjoy!

    Cheers. I was really surprised by how good they sound, especially given their age. I think it's clear that he looked after the vinyl a lot better than he looked after the sleeves! There was also a copy of Uncle Neil's 'Harvest' in there - how many copies of that do I need?!

    And I agree about Aftermath. It's not one that gets mentioned that often but it's a solid record.
    Agreed here as well. "Aftermath" is a fantastic album. And that British Decca cover is great (of course the US cover is cool as well!).
    "Whoever pursues fear as a stigma and courage as an ideal will not live long. To shift responsibility and flaunt yourself as a  symbol of heroism will not attract people to climb after you."
    -Reinhold Messner
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CAPosts: 7,623
    mrussel1 said:

    brianlux said:

    mrussel1 said:

    brianlux said:

    Aerosmith - Get Your Wings

    Rush - Hemispheres


    Hemispheres is great. Trees, awesome!
    Those fucking oaks.
    LOL! (But in reality, one of my favorite trees next to cedars, redwoods, maples... love me some trees!)
    Especially where you live, one of the most beautiful places in America. But I'm with you.. .Trees is one of my favorite Rush songs ever. The imagery, symbolism, metaphors are fantastic. Oh and the music too.
    Love how MST3K and Rifftrax referenced that song a lot. Very fitting for the riff of The Happening.
    RIP America (1776-2016)
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BCPosts: 4,555
    Counting Crows-Sattelites
    Tame Impala-Live Versions-Green Vinyl
    Tea Party-Transmission
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 6,727
    RobbyD462 said:

    Counting Crows-Sattelites
    Tame Impala-Live Versions-Green Vinyl
    Tea Party-Transmission

    how does the CC reissue sound?

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

    2017- Ed Ved- Louisville, KY

  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    New:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UK Original from 2009.
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    Second-hand:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Reissue from 2012.

    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    Second-hand:

    David Bowie ‎- Never Let Me Down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Original from 1987.
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZPosts: 174
    jazzbo26 said:



    importcd order arrived today. They had to cancel Satchel - The Family from my order because they were out. Totally bummed, was looking forward to that one. Packaging was first rate. Took me like 10 minutes to get the damn thing open!

    How long did it take for your order to arrive? I got my shipping notification on the 20th, the USPS tracking was last updated on the 23rd, and it still says expected delivery date of Wed. 3/29 and I got nuffin' :-/ I know it was sent media mail, but seriously...
    Kansas City 7/03/98
    St. Louis 10/11/00
    Kansas City 10/12/00
    St. Louis 4/22/03
    Kansas City 6/12/03
    St. Louis 10/5/04
    Kansas City 5/3/10
    Phoenix (EV) 11/4/12
    Phoenix 11/19/13
    Wrigley 1 8/20/16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,445
    jazzbo26 said:



    importcd order arrived today. They had to cancel Satchel - The Family from my order because they were out. Totally bummed, was looking forward to that one. Packaging was first rate. Took me like 10 minutes to get the damn thing open!

    Sorry about Satchel, man. That's a bummer for sure.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,014
    reesdog said:

    Second-hand:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Reissue from 2012.

    Excellent! Worth it for "Vicious" and "Satellite of Love" alone yet the whole record is great. Produced by Bowie and Mick Ronson to boot! Nice!
    "Whoever pursues fear as a stigma and courage as an ideal will not live long. To shift responsibility and flaunt yourself as a  symbol of heroism will not attract people to climb after you."
    -Reinhold Messner
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BCPosts: 4,555
    edited April 2017
    lolobugg said:

    RobbyD462 said:

    Counting Crows-Sattelites
    Tame Impala-Live Versions-Green Vinyl
    Tea Party-Transmission

    how does the CC reissue sound?
    It's 33 rpm and sounds great!
    For the price jump on it.
    Great dynamic sound for casual or audiophile fan alike.
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MAPosts: 510
    edited April 2017
    DC29940 said:

    jazzbo26 said:



    importcd order arrived today. They had to cancel Satchel - The Family from my order because they were out. Totally bummed, was looking forward to that one. Packaging was first rate. Took me like 10 minutes to get the damn thing open!

    How long did it take for your order to arrive? I got my shipping notification on the 20th, the USPS tracking was last updated on the 23rd, and it still says expected delivery date of Wed. 3/29 and I got nuffin' :-/ I know it was sent media mail, but seriously...
    I placed order the 17th, it left the 20th, and arrived the 27th.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MAPosts: 510
    mfc2006 said:

    jazzbo26 said:



    importcd order arrived today. They had to cancel Satchel - The Family from my order because they were out. Totally bummed, was looking forward to that one. Packaging was first rate. Took me like 10 minutes to get the damn thing open!

    Sorry about Satchel, man. That's a bummer for sure.
    Thanks bud, no biggie. I can score it some other time.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MAPosts: 510


    Newbury Comics buy 2 get 1 free today.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,445
    jazzbo26 said:



    Newbury Comics buy 2 get 1 free today.

    Nice! Thanks for the Newbury heads up!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 23,014
    I'm celebrating here (perhaps foolishly because you never know with on-line purchases) before it arrive because I am SO STOKED to have found a sort-of affordable AND SEALED copy of, J Mascis and the Fog's "More Light":


    "Whoever pursues fear as a stigma and courage as an ideal will not live long. To shift responsibility and flaunt yourself as a  symbol of heroism will not attract people to climb after you."
    -Reinhold Messner
    ***********
    M.I.T.S.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 30,445
    brianlux said:

    I'm celebrating here (perhaps foolishly because you never know with on-line purchases) before it arrive because I am SO STOKED to have found a sort-of affordable AND SEALED copy of, J Mascis and the Fog's "More Light":


    Very nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    brianlux said:

    reesdog said:

    Second-hand:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Reissue from 2012.

    Excellent! Worth it for "Vicious" and "Satellite of Love" alone yet the whole record is great. Produced by Bowie and Mick Ronson to boot! Nice!
    Cheers Brian, it is a classic, must have been awesome to hear it upon release back in the 70's..
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ.Posts: 1,954
    brianlux said:

    I'm celebrating here (perhaps foolishly because you never know with on-line purchases) before it arrive because I am SO STOKED to have found a sort-of affordable AND SEALED copy of, J Mascis and the Fog's "More Light":


    Good stuff, I haven't heard this, but I'm presuming it's similar to Dinosaur Jr's music?
    Auckland NZ 03-24-1995, Auckland NZ 03-25-1995, Sydney AU 03-11-1998, London, UK 05-30-2000, Reading UK 08-27-2006, London UK 06-18-2007, Christchurch NZ 11-29-2009, Auckland NZ 01-17-2014.

    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CAPosts: 7,623
    Van Halen self titled


    Yes - Big Generator


    I just need Diver Down to have all 6 DLR era and now have all 80s and 70s studio Yes albums.
    RIP America (1776-2016)
Sign In or Register to comment.