Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    Well your fucking reverse psychology worked today. Till tomorrow...
    You're one of those people? Do you have a special chair that you must sit in while watch games? Wear your underwear on the outside when heading into the ninth down by a run?

Laphroaig all around tonight, Cliffy! You can toast a Yanks win; I can toast being right about Porcello taking a big dump on the pitcher's mound.
    haha, nah, not really.  Just with all you crying poor about an 108 win team, felt like they were gonna win last night.  'Tis a new day.  That said, my one superstition is that I won't drink booze from the area the team is from. So no New England breweries during this series. Was drinking wine the night of the wild card game and not California wine that evening.  That's about it.  Maybe I'll occasionally put a t shirt away if I feel like they're losing a lot.  So yeah, maybe I am a liiiitle nuts, but not too bad.

I am fairly confident Boone got all of his stupidity out last night in a game they weren't likely going to win with the way Evoldi was pitching. We shall cheers either way. If you win, you win.  Tip of the cap.  Let's get a game 5 though.
    Ha! I remember getting beyond outraged when the Rangers had the Habs in the playoffs a couple of years back, and they were playing fucking Arcade Fire -- a goddamn Montreal band!!!! -- at the Garden. Rangers won the series, but I just thought the music supervisor was a fucking dolt for playing that. And I like Arcade Fire.
    Horrible. It's almost like the Yanks were to play that god forsaken pedophile song.
    The one they sing at PSU games?  Sweet Caroline?
    (There is a joke there somewhere...)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    You're one of those people? Do you have a special chair that you must sit in while watch games? Wear your underwear on the outside when heading into the ninth down by a run?

Laphroaig all around tonight, Cliffy! You can toast a Yanks win; I can toast being right about Porcello taking a big dump on the pitcher's mound.
    haha, nah, not really.  Just with all you crying poor about an 108 win team, felt like they were gonna win last night.  'Tis a new day.  That said, my one superstition is that I won't drink booze from the area the team is from. So no New England breweries during this series. Was drinking wine the night of the wild card game and not California wine that evening.  That's about it.  Maybe I'll occasionally put a t shirt away if I feel like they're losing a lot.  So yeah, maybe I am a liiiitle nuts, but not too bad.

I am fairly confident Boone got all of his stupidity out last night in a game they weren't likely going to win with the way Evoldi was pitching. We shall cheers either way. If you win, you win.  Tip of the cap.  Let's get a game 5 though.
    Ha! I remember getting beyond outraged when the Rangers had the Habs in the playoffs a couple of years back, and they were playing fucking Arcade Fire -- a goddamn Montreal band!!!! -- at the Garden. Rangers won the series, but I just thought the music supervisor was a fucking dolt for playing that. And I like Arcade Fire.
    Horrible. It's almost like the Yanks were to play that god forsaken pedophile song.

HA. Touche

Let's not 'touch' that joke.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

HA. Touche

Let's not 'touch' that joke.
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Long Island douche strokes it to photo of the first daughter, writes a shitty hit song about it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Long Island douche strokes it to photo of the first daughter, writes a shitty hit song about it.
    This should be the entire wikipedia entry for the song.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I heard Judge admitted to liking that song.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I heard Judge admitted to liking that song.
    Boone, I think.  He would. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    I'm sure the day is just flying by for cliffy....

bregman may bitch about early starts but at least you don't have to agonize all day.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    dankind said:
    Yankees weren’t winning that game last night had Sandy Koufax come into relieve in the 3rd inning.
    But the manager didn't even give them a chance to win it
    You can always tell the Sox “fans” who’ve only been on board since 2004 and only watch during the postseason (cough, @SmallestOceans , cough).
    Do we know how old he/she is? Might be in their 20's? Teens?

Does CC have a good outing left in him?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Let's see how Chunky Chunky reacts when Angel Hernandez calls the first pitch right down the pipe ball 1 tonight.

This thing ends tonight.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    dankind said:
    Did you guys see that Severino apparently didn't start warming up until 7:32? The TBS announcers speculated that maybe he thought it was a later start.
    Take this for what its worth:

WFAN Sports Radio (@WFAN660) tweeted at 0:09 AM on Tue, Oct 09, 2018:
    UPDATE: Luis Severino said after the game that he knew the start time of the game and that he usually warms up 8-10 minutes before game time. 
    https://t.co/2ld5Er4CrJ
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Walker in Andujar out. Hicks in McCutchen out
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    They'll probably use CC for 3. Then Happ
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutz said:
    dankind said:
    Yankees weren’t winning that game last night had Sandy Koufax come into relieve in the 3rd inning.
    You can always tell the Sox “fans” who’ve only been on board since 2004 and only watch during the postseason (cough, @SmallestOceans , cough).
    Do we know how old he/she is? Might be in their 20's? Teens?

Does CC have a good outing left in him?
    He does, but not sure against this lineup.  They'll sit on the junk until he hits the zone.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    Fake news. Been a Yankees fan since I came to my senses as a kid in the mid 90s. But your right about the regular season. I barely had a chance to watch a game this year. The regular season is too long and meaningless anyways.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I have zero confidence in tonight's game.  I pray that I am wrong but I just don't see the yanks beating the sawx.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have zero confidence in tonight's game.  I pray that I am wrong but I just don't see the yanks beating the sawx.
    I feel good about it. Stanton is due for a 3 hit, 1 HR, 3 RBI kind of night. He definitely needs to get it going.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    FTS.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    “chunky chunky” is pretty funny.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I feel good about it. Stanton is due for a 3 hit, 1 HR, 3 RBI kind of night. He definitely needs to get it going.
    he did leadoff an inning twice with a hit yesterday.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Let’s fucking go
  • Options
    Gonna need didi to not look like Fucking balls at the plate 
  • Options
    CC looks fine but you may wanna get someone warming...
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuck
  • Options
    The empty seats behind home plate are pathetic.
    This has been going on ever since they opened the new park.  Those seats are bought up by corporations that don't give a shit if they are used or not.  When they are used they are inside stuffing their gullets with all the free gourmet food they can eat.

Those seats are not for the average or above average person.  So basically fans aren't sitting there.

fucking ghouliani is sitting there :angry:

goddammit....just went 3-0.....two reserves drive in #1 and 2.

I’m pulling for your boys, cliffy.....that could be the problem.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    no team I really like if the Yankees don't advance. Houston or Milwaukee
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Wob pulling on his boy? Whoa! Where’s penny marshall when you need her? Oh yea, can’t afford the seat no more. And nothing will give me greater pleasure than seeing cc fatbastardia being chased out after 3 innings.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    no team I really like if the Yankees don't advance. Houston or Milwaukee

I’m with ya on that, igot.....but let’s not give up hope.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wob pulling on his boy? Whoa! Where’s penny marshall when you need her? Oh yea, can’t afford the seat no more. And nothing will give me greater pleasure than seeing cc fatbastardia being chased out after 3 innings.

go sing sweet caroline whilst jacking off on your TB12 sheets. beat it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16