The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• igotid88 said:
    Mattingly does not belong in the hall, sorry.  He had 6 good years then his body failed him.
    • Steve Garvey
    • Tommy John
    • Don Mattingly
    • Marvin Miller
    • Jack Morris
    • Dale Murphy
    • Dave Parker
    • Ted Simmons
    • Luis Tiant
    • Alan Trammell

Of these 10 Tommy John gets in for his almost 300 wins.
    Morris should get in for his arm in the World Series.
    Miller should get in for ruining baseball, lol.

Garvey, Murphy, Parker are all on the cusp but won't make it.

Mattingly, Simmons, Tiant and Trammell were all good players but will never get in.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144
    igotid88 said:
    Mattingly does not belong in the hall, sorry.  He had 6 good years then his body failed him.
    • Steve Garvey
    • Tommy John
    • Don Mattingly
    • Marvin Miller
    • Jack Morris
    • Dale Murphy
    • Dave Parker
    • Ted Simmons
    • Luis Tiant
    • Alan Trammell

Of these 10 Tommy John gets in for his almost 300 wins.
    Morris should get in for his arm in the World Series.
    Miller should get in for ruining baseball, lol.

Garvey, Murphy, Parker are all on the cusp but won't make it.

Mattingly, Simmons, Tiant and Trammell were all good players but will never get in.
    Most likely he won't get in. But I think he deserves more than he doesn't. If he had played another 5 years even with the bad back. He would have better numbers than most of these guys. Has an MVP. Could've had 2 if not for Clemens. 9 gold gloves. Voted best player by players in the league. If he had a World Series title like Puckett. He'd be in already. I like Tommy John. But 26 years to get close to 300. Morris might be my first choice. I think he pitched more to the score. Murphy and Parker are mostly compilers.
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Yeah, Donnie Baseball is not a HoF-er, in my book.  He was a favorite players as a kid, though.  Loved him!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Yeah, Donnie Baseball is not a HoF-er, in my book.  He was a favorite players as a kid, though.  Loved him!
    53 doubles.  Is that still the Yankee record?
    Yeah, Donnie Baseball is not a HoF-er, in my book.  He was a favorite players as a kid, though.  Loved him!
    yes
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    He and Junior (my favorite player of all time) still share the record for most consecutive games with a home run hit.  Some other dude also did it.
    He and Junior (my favorite player of all time) still share the record for most consecutive games with a home run hit.  Some other dude also did it.
    Dale Long was the first. Mattingly and I think Griffey hit 10 in that span
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Aaron Boone?

Is Jessica Mendoza gonna be the bench coach?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Silver slugger award for Sanchez and Judge!
    Aaron Judge rookie of the year
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Rothschild coming back as pitching coach.  No complaints there.
  • igotid88 said:
    Aaron Judge rookie of the year
    Wwe knew that was coming, lol.  Congrats!

Now for MVP.  I still say Altuve.
    Beltran, mgr?

damn....maybe I need to throw MY hat in the ring.

or cliffy’s.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Kind of funny they make it sound like Girardi didn't use analytics.   It was one of the criticisms of him.   It's all bs.  They are going to sorely miss him when Sanchez never learns how to catch.   Getting coddled is no way to learn.   If Girardi hurt some feelings, then they probably needed it.  I'd like someone to show me a single Girardi team that under performed.   

Hal is no different than his dad including being dishonest.  Certainly his perogative, but in a no win situation,  if they don't win WS in next 2 years, this is going to look very foolish.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Kind of funny they make it sound like Girardi didn't use analytics.   It was one of the criticisms of him.   It's all bs.  They are going to sorely miss him when Sanchez never learns how to catch.   Getting coddled is no way to learn.   If Girardi hurt some feelings, then they probably needed it.  I'd like someone to show me a single Girardi team that under performed.   

Hal is no different than his dad including being dishonest.  Certainly his perogative, but in a no win situation,  if they don't win WS in next 2 years, this is going to look very foolish.
    I'm starting to agree with this. The list of names are not terribly inspiring 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Kind of funny they make it sound like Girardi didn't use analytics.   It was one of the criticisms of him.   It's all bs.  They are going to sorely miss him when Sanchez never learns how to catch.   Getting coddled is no way to learn.   If Girardi hurt some feelings, then they probably needed it.  I'd like someone to show me a single Girardi team that under performed.   

I don't get why they fired Girardi, either.

But, will they be so good they'll win despite the Manager?

Is Carlos Beltran a HOFer? Just heard a stat that he's only 1 of 4 CF(that played the majority of ther games in CF) to hit over 400 HR's and knock in over 1500 RBI's. The other 3: Mantle, Mays, & Griffey JR. I said he's not, but after hearing that i have to think about it more, and look at his numbers also. That's a VERY impressive group of CF to be in. 
    3 of the best to ever play the game!
  • cutz said:

I don't get why they fired Girardi, either.

But, will they be so good they'll win despite the Manager?

Is Carlos Beltran a HOFer? Just heard a stat that he's only 1 of 4 CF(that played the majority of ther games in CF) to hit over 400 HR's and knock in over 1500 RBI's. The other 3: Mantle, Mays, & Griffey JR. I said he's not, but after hearing that i have to think about it more, and look at his numbers also. That's a VERY impressive group of CF to be in. 
    They are built on young hitters which is a good design.  Teams built on good young pitching can go either way (see the Mets not once, but twice now).  You do need to find cheap young pitching, but ultimately will need to mix in free agents there.  But, hitters are a higher likelihood of continuing to succeed and they have such a volume it's good.   But we will see.   Girardi is a great manager.  Probabaly top 5.  Washington is probably kicking itself rushing its process as he would have been perfect there.

on Beltran, he will be in HoF.   He also has that playoff tear that was other worldly earlier in his career.  He was also a great OF.   You forget that bc as players age that's the first thing to go.   Not first ballot, but he will make it.   
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    any manager is going to have winning seasons with this team. Making the playoffs or winning the World Series really depends on if the players underperform or not. 
    I miss igotid88
    bam bam muelens! failed SF batting coach!

not really...in a way, he was good...not as good as bobby bonds, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited November 2017
    Wobbie said:
    bam bam muelens! failed SF batting coach!

not really...in a way, he was good...not as good as bobby bonds, tho.
    it won't matter whom they put in as manager. It's all on who will use the info given to them by the analytics and not make gut calls. Like with the Dodgers for example. So if for example a hitter leads off with a double. And they tell the manager to walk the next 2 batters because the 4th batter is prone to hit into a double play. You have to do it. If a pitcher's numbers are bad the 3rd time through the batting order. Even though he has 55 pitches through 6ip. You have to take him out. This is where the game is going now. 
    They're doing 6 hour interviews. And after have to do a conference call with the media. 
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    any manager is going to have winning seasons with this team. Making the playoffs or winning the World Series really depends on if the players underperform or not. 
    The most part of the Astros team underperformed yet won the WS
    igotid88 said:
    The most part of the Astros team underperformed yet won the WS
    yea you know what I mean. It's usually a crapshoot
    I miss igotid88
    What do you think of Shohei Ohtani? He wants whatever team signs him to let him pitch and hit. They say he's good at both. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    What do you think of Shohei Ohtani? He wants whatever team signs him to let him pitch and hit. They say he's good at both. 
    Seems almost a sure thing the Yanks sign him.  Think the Rangers are the only team that can offer him more and it's like $200k.  He'll make that up in a heartbeat in endorsements in New York.  Plus the Yanks traded for more money yesterday.

I could get down with these projections for sure.  It will basically be a $24 million or so signing, depending on the posting rules that get figured out, with less than $4 mil of that going to the luxury tax.  Seems like a no brainer.

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/shohei-ohtani-projection-and-comparables/

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    No idea how good he is. But, what you read & hear, he's really good. I'd like to see him try and do both pitch & hit.

Since ther is NO International Draft(and ther SHOULD be), i think he should be offered to the team with the worse record, like they do for the Draft, and if that team doesn't want him then go to the team with the 2nd worse record. And continue that process until a team wants him.

This Posting system is BS, and that the Big market teams get the crack at the shiny new toy all of the time. The current system needs to change.
    igotid88 said:
    Seems almost a sure thing the Yanks sign him.  

of course they will. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ohtani is pretty damn good.

I can't wait for him to come over here!!!
    edited November 2017
    So a $20 mil posting fee and a $3.5 mil salary.  So less than $24 million for a potentially better than average pitcher and hitter.  Sign. Me. The. F. Up

Apparently with that extra $250k the Yanks now have the most money to offer.

Can this just get done?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Maybe Kevin maas should be the next manager. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......