Options

The Official New York Yankees Thread

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    imagine how fast gardner would be if his head wasn't pumpkin sized. wow.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    You guys...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    imagine how fast gardner would be if his head wasn't pumpkin sized. wow.
    Nothing wrong with big head bald dudes...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Three outs to go!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,376
    5 wins away
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    5 wins away
    1 win away. Baby steps 
  • Options
    You guys...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Chase Utley, best walk up song.  
    Yanks are impressive, now back to Houston.  Good luck!
    Cliffy, do you love this team?  ;)
    Enough to celebrate with a martini along with me?  Lol

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Chase Utley, best walk up song.  
    Yanks are impressive, now back to Houston.  Good luck!
    Cliffy, do you love this team?  ;)
    Enough to celebrate with a martini along with me?  Lol

Hot take. Led Zeppelin is overrated 

I do love this team. How the hell did you guess?

If this team gets to the World Series, I'll gladly have a martini with you. Was at smith's last night for the game. Always a good New York contingent there, though most had cleared out by the time the game was wrapping up. Jameson shots for the bar after the yanks won. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    Go Yankees,want Cliffy to have a martini
    We hate hot takes here....Led Zeppelin is overrated?  Ouch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, after dropping a bold statement like that I think Cliffy should name 5 bands that are better just so we know what we are dealing with. PJ doesn't count.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

That place was something else tonight.  Easily the best game I've been to, energy and noise-wise.  Let's just remember that one of the Astros still get to go home to Kate Upton.  She was sitting just a couple rows in front of us regular people...  What a peasant 
  • Options
    Yeah, after dropping a bold statement like that I think Cliffy should name 5 bands that are better just so we know what we are dealing with. PJ doesn't count.
    Just not my favorite

pink floyd
    the who
    allman brothers
    the band
    queen
    stones
    Hendrix 
    dylan
    uncle Neil 

allman brothers and the band clearly are not on the same level, but I'd much prefer to listen to their music 

• Options
    in a league of hairstyles, gardner has the best on the yanks. headly looks like he uses a flowbee.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Just not my favorite

pink floyd
    the who
    allman brothers
    the band
    queen
    stones
    Hendrix 
    dylan
    uncle Neil 

allman brothers and the band clearly are not on the same level, but I'd much prefer to listen to their music 

If it's not your thing I get it, but overrated? C'mon man! Each guy in their band was one of the best to ever do it in their individual craft! 
  • Options
    Just not my favorite

pink floyd
    the who
    allman brothers
    the band
    queen
    stones
    Hendrix 
    dylan
    uncle Neil 

If it's not your thing I get it, but overrated? C'mon man! Each guy in their band was one of the best to ever do it in their individual craft! 
    Fair fair
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    in a league of hairstyles, gardner has the best on the yanks. headly looks like he uses a flowbee.
    On the next Mormon Eye for the Straight Guy....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Astros in 7
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

That place was something else tonight.  Easily the best game I've been to, energy and noise-wise.  Let's just remember that one of the Astros still get to go home to Kate Upton.  She was sitting just a couple rows in front of us regular people...  What a peasant 
    Legends seats for a ALCS game, huh?
  • Options
    Astros goodbye
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

They were.  We were 1st row of the unprivileged people seats.  Good chunk of people in the Legends seats left in the middle of 6th inning.  None of them looked like they cared about the game.  Minimal cheering etc.  Probably the lamest sections in the Stadium
  • Options
    1 game away from the World Series.  The 2017 rebuilding New York Yankees are one win away from going to the fall classic.

This next win is gonna be so tough to get.  Could very very easily go to Houston and let it slip away.  Not sure I can take a game 7.  Their offense has to wake up at some point, right?
  • Options

They were.  We were 1st row of the unprivileged people seats.  Good chunk of people in the Legends seats left in the middle of 6th inning.  None of them looked like they cared about the game.  Minimal cheering etc.  Probably the lamest sections in the Stadium
    NICE seats!!!

Michael Kay always complains about the Legends seats and lack of people in those seats on TV.  It's pretty lame that the most expensive seats come with this AWESOME buffet and people are always in there eating...
  • Options

sal and vinnie can't get those seats :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Astros bats are gonna come alive, huh?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    If it goes to game 7 is it in Houston or here ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

NICE seats!!!

Michael Kay always complains about the Legends seats and lack of people in those seats on TV.  It's pretty lame that the most expensive seats come with this AWESOME buffet and people are always in there eating...
    You can actually see those empties in the pic.  They should just randomly pick fans from the upper levels and sit em down in the empty Legends seats by the 3rd inning.  You want your craziest fans on Sports Center.  Not the corporate douches in suites that are just down there to impress a client.  I've won Legends tickets through Vettix a few times, seats immediately behind the Yanks dugout and it never fails, every time, the eight vets/active duty guys who won their seats are the only ones jumping out of their seats, screaming and high-fiving.  The rest are just there sometimes on their phones.  That's if they even come out of the Legends lounge.  Food was great, though but not enough to keep me inside and watch the game on TV.  They also serve alcohol until 30 minutes after the 9th I think so there's that...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,376
    If it goes to game 7 is it in Houston or here ? 
    Houston
    I miss igotid88