Options

*** Philadelphia 4 Fanviews Here 10/31/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    PakaPaka Posts: 471
    i saw a camera guy in one of the youtube clips holding and using a professional camera right behind matt.
    dvd??!
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    Paka wrote:
    i saw a camera guy in one of the youtube clips holding and using a professional camera right behind matt.
    dvd??!

hope so, but they also had screens in the venue showing the show.
    cameras would have been for that
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    melva02melva02 Posts: 298
    Paka wrote:
    dvd??!

hope so, but they also had screens in the venue showing the show.
    cameras would have been for that

At some points there were three cameras on the Mike/Jeff side of the stage, and there were others all around. I think dvd. :-)
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Sweet Lew, which I thought they might try with this being Jeff's last chance to sing this song where Dr J played. This is a song I had never really liked, but was a million times better live.

Aah... OK that explains it! At least there was a reason for playing that godawful song. I was worried for a moment that there would be a danger of it becoming a staple.

Now, if Bugs were to be the new Even Flow, that'd be a different story...
    You lucky bastards....
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    What a Show!!!! That's all I can say! :D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    Have anyone videos of whip it surfaced yet??

I did get it on tape but I was behind the stage, i'm in the process of uploading my videos now, might take a few hours.

I just saw it on youtube. That is incredible, can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    it was definitely a great show but to me it didnt come close to fridays show. Eddie killed the crowd early by saying there was not going to be a special guest and that they wont play until 2. Then they did a bunch of repeats even though there were a few songs that people hoped they would play, i even saw a sign for dirty frank lol. fridays crowd was a little stronger, not having the baseball game going on i think made everyone focus more on the concert which is pretty sad to be honest. also there was a couple next who was sitting told me to move over because i was blocking their view.

but dont get me wrong the show was great especially with the few rarities and the confetti and baloons and the end. cant wait to see this on a dvd and cant wait to see PJ next tour.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    words can't even describe the last 2 nights at the spectrum. I mean wow bugs and sweet lew.. I don't mind swet lew actually ;) I'm in awe of this band right now as this week has far exceeded my expectations. I never thought they would pull out 104 different songs in 4 nights.

The highlight was the full costumed version of whip it :D Classic cracked me up!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    It was indeed a great show but the crowd where I sat was lame. They sat most of the show and pretty much the whole 2nd encore. Even through songs like Better Man & Alive. At times it took me out of it but still had an awesome time. I will admit to tears when Eddie was talking about the end of the Spectrum.
  • Options
    I am all about various opinions but the people complaining about the fucking crowds this week are just delusional elitists who just need to get there heads checked or just stop going to every single freaking show since they will never live up there unrealistic expectations.

Couldn't agree more.Saw all four shows and I brought my best game as did the band.........
    Just like the speculating on which 'Special Guests' are gonna show.Who cares!Just Get into the moment and ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sixth show and probably the best ive seen. Hearing them do Devo was priceless. Jeff barking thru sweet lew was great. great set list of 40 songs. my 10club seats blew. 426 3rd row was shocked that fan club tix would be given in nosebleed heaven. oh well i was still there.
    Veterans Memorial Coliseum(AZ) - Jul 08, 1998
    Thomas and Mack Center(LV) - Jul 11, 1998
    MGM Grand(LV) - Oct 22, 2000
    MGM Grand(LV) - Jul 06, 2006
    Eddie Solo - NJPAC(NJ) - August 7, 2008
    Wachovia Spectrum Arena(PA) - Oct 31, 2009
    The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010
  • Options
    BrentF wrote:
    I can't believe that actually happened. I am from Philly, much respect to my new JAMILY from Austin Texas, Colorado, and Michigan. You all know how to truely rock. I could not drive for an hour after the show because I was so overwhelmed by what I experienced. All of you thinking about how this show was or wasn't in comparison or how the crowd was or wasn't, guess what.....U were paying attention to the wrong things.
    I FELT it! I felt how those early PJ fans felt back in 1992 when they had to mosh because they just could not control the feelings that moved them. I felt like that 22 yr old felt at his first PJ concert in the 8th row in 1998 in Camden NJ, shirt off, J- in hand, standing on the chairs, when PJ opened with release, except that feeling lasted from about 10pm till I could finally drive at 1:30am tonight.
    Oh and by the way....the reason the confetti took so long to drop to the floor is because all the heat coming off the CRAZY crowd on the floor was holding it up (hot air rises), so I think we were having a wonderful time. So nit pick away at the set list all you want.......I was there.....have been listening to PJ CDs especially the early boots since '92, singing PJ songs and Neil Young songs at the campfire with my friends when I was a teenager and the only question that I have at the end of this night is:
    "How did PJ make me feel like I had never truely heard them before until tonight?"
    Thank you, Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, and Boom. May whatever divine energy connects and nurtures us all bless you and yours with health and prosperity. I will cherish your gift to me, and Philadelphia forever.
    I hear you Brother.............LOUD AND CLEAR
  • Options
    amazing ending to 4 of the best nights of my life...could have done with a little less of the greatest hits :lol: tonight but i completely understand why they did it.

of course i'm a little biased but after seeing them 40+ times over many years in many cities have to say philly has treated this band with the utmost respect over the years. it clear that they truly appreciate the energy we give them and it's easy to feel it in their performances whenever they come to town.

THANK YOU PJ...TRULY THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    EM270080 wrote:
    That's fucking great!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Insanely great show, even from way back on the floor. I'm short and sometimes it was tough to see (due to close encounters of the asshole kind,) but somehow I was lucky enough to get aisle seats for both last night and Wednesday, and I felt completely satisfied. The new songs were fantastic live and Sweet Lew and Rats had me smiling from ear to ear! Before the show started, I had a nice conversation with an older gentleman (event staff) working at the soundboard area and we reminisced about all of the concerts and sporting events we'd seen at the Spectrum over the years. I'm so glad I was there to see it close, but sad that we won't have a true rock arena in Philly anymore. Thank you, Pearl Jam and Ten Club, for doing this great music landmark justice!
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    EM270080 wrote:
    Have anyone videos of whip it surfaced yet??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSq3KHw_VcU

This is fantastic! Check out Boom doing the robot.
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    i made it its own thread but i wrote this because andyslash seems to be upset about peoples enthusiasm

why do people still consider pearl jams breaks (and returns) encores? I feel last night (10/31) the only "encore" was yellow ledbetter because everyone would have been happy after "rocking".

i believe that pearl jam takes breaks in order to allow the bootleg cds not to run over 80 mins or whatever per disc especially because its only been since the official bootlegs have we been getting "encores" of songs equally as long as the first "set" as people would say. this also leads to crowds actually taking a break between sets knowing full well that the show is not over and pearl jam will be returning. there is no need (not to be confused with there is no desire) for anyone to holler for them to return in these breaks!

this needs to stop, just call it Set 1 and Set 2 or something!
  • Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    yess!!! OUT OF MY MIND!! and I missed it!? I will never forgive myself for not going to this show

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=108950
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    (that Buckeye dude from this site got his Bugs wish!) quote]

fuck yeah

if they would have dedicated it, i would have shit a brick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    My first show. OMG!! It was outstanding!! I don't know if I can see another one after that. I might be disappointed. 8-)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Greatest I've ever been to

It was that amazing

I cried during crown of thorns

I was dead center 16th row
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    41 songs!!! hope they don't charge more for this one!!! ;)
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    My husband just handed me this article from this morning's sports page:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/68147022.html

Posted on Sun, Nov. 1, 2009

Music and baseball make for electricity

One time the Grateful Dead were in town, and the Eagles - the football team, not the band - had to walk through a bunch of tailgating Deadheads on the way to practice on the grass fields outside Veterans Stadium.

A few hours later, an offensive lineman named Bob Landsee stood in line at a South Philly sandwich shop behind a few laid-back fellows in tie-dyed T-shirts.

"Those guys need to get a life," Landsee reported later.

True story.

One time the Rolling Stones were in town, and somebody asked Eagles coach Dick Vermeil about the world's greatest rock-and-roll band.

Vermeil said he wasn't too familiar with Mick and Keith and the boys, but that his children "liked their magazine."

True story.

One time - actually, it was last night - Pearl Jam played the final concert in the Spectrum, and the Phillies played the Yankees in the World Series.

And it was Halloween.

True story.

There's always a great vibe at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue when the worlds of sports and music line up in opposing corners. It's like the friction creates this electricity, this excitement.

Nothing summed up the situation on a soggy night in South Philadelphia better than Chris Sands' shirt.

Sands is a 27-year-old from Lewisburg, Pa. He was in town for the Pearl Jam concert because that's his favorite band. He also is a Phillies fan.

So Sands was wearing a customized Phillies jersey with "VEDDER" on the back in honor of Pearl Jam lead singer Eddie Vedder.

"I wish I could be at both," Sands said. "It's a conflict. You can't be in both places."

Sands said would have loved to see the Phillies play the Yankees. But he believed he was going to the right event.

"It's only Game 3," Sands said. "This is Pearl Jam in the last night ever in the Spectrum."

The stadium complex was crackling with energy in the hours before the scheduled first pitch at Citizens Bank Park and the moment when Pearl Jam took the stage in the Spectrum.

Everything was contrast: Guys and gals in Phillies gear partying outside the arena, and folks in Pearl Jam T-shirts listening to the live music outside the baseball park.

Plus, it was Halloween. One guy walked past the Spectrum with a perfectly carved jack-o'-lantern. Two guys were dressed as early 1970s Elvis, with sequined white jumpsuits and black pompadour wigs.

But it was the mash-up of music and sports that made this night. A scalper walked down 11th Street wondering "Who needs tickets?" when a hopeful fan asked for more information.

"First base, [section] 415," the scalper said.

"Pearl Jam?" the fan asked.

"Baseball," the scalper said.

One time the Rolling Stones were scheduled to play the Vet at night and a bunch of Eagles writers reported to work in the morning. They did interviews in the locker room, then went into the media room to write.

Then they went to hear some music.

They walked into the bowl of the old stadium. They walked toward the stage. They sat in the third row.

The place was empty except for five football writers, a handful of security guards, and some support staff. And the Rolling Stones played three songs in a sound check, and Mick Jagger wore a straw hat and took it off and bowed to the cheering writers after each song.

True story.

One time - yes, it was last night - Pearl Jam closed the Spectrum and the Phillies and the Yankees played in the World Series (eventually), and folks came dressed in team regalia and black band T-shirts and Halloween costumes.

And there was no cooler place to be than this corner of the sports/music world.

True story.

Contact staff writer Phil Anastasia

at 856-779-3223 or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:panastasia@phillynews.com">panastasia@phillynews.com</a><!-- e -->.
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    RIDICULOUS SHOW!!!!! The best one yet...by far...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    wall05wall05 Posts: 304
    RJNadge4 wrote:

SWEET LEW WAS SO AWESOME!!!!
    2008 - Camden, NJ 1
    2009 - Philadelphia, PA x4
    2010 - Newark, NJ, New York City, NY x2
    2012 - Philadelphia, PA
    2013 - Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA x2, Hartford, CT
    2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2, New York City, NY 2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm so jealous of everyone there!! WOW.
  • Options
    I went to all 4. All four were incredible. Thanks to PJ and TC for a great week!
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options
    unreal

can't think of a better way to send off the Spectrum!

Thank you Pearl Jam!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    2003: Camden I
    2005: Philly
    2006: Camden I & II
    2008: Camden II

EV 2008: NYC I
    EV 2009: Philly I & II
    2009: Chicago I (8/23), Philly I - IV (Oct 27-31)
    2010: NYC II (8/21)