Options

Was my mom ripped off?

124»

Comments

• Options
    OK, I'm not strangest tribe, I'm his brother-in-law posting this while we watch bowl games. I remember back in the early 1990 that QVC had a grunge night where they had all these supercheap guitars for sale for like $900 all autographed by Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden etc. they also sold autographed posters, pictures, and other stuff. Anyone else remeberthis? Maybe that helps? I almost bought a Cobain auto poster but it was for $300 and that was way too much then. May have been after he offed himself.

OK we realize Matt Cameron's auto on this guitar means this was auto'd later than the QVC stuff.

Just realized this.

HAHA
    the Minions
  • Options
    Sorry I didnt reply back sooner, I was away for the holiday and normally only post when I am at work.

The manager at the company followed up with me to make sure I am still satisfied with the guitar, and explained to me how sorry he was for the mistake on the website. He seemed really concerned about the whole situation..

The 10c wrote back to me and told me unless the signatures were directly in front of them, they couldnt tell if its real or not.

I've looked at a bunch of real and a bunch of fake sigs, and at this point im gonna go with it being real. Going right up on the wall next to my posters.

I hope everyone had a great new year, and thanks for all your help and opinions with this.

Also, the PJ vs Ames book arrived today with my Christmas single. Makes the morning that much brighter.. what an awesome book.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Enjoy it, and be sure to get Mom a little something extra this year on May 11.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Honestly, who'd've thought that a thread entitled 'Was my mom ripped off' would have lasted so long?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    We all have Moms!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    I imagine that you are not planning on selling this guitar, right? So display it proudly and enjoy the amazing gift that your mother bought for you. My mom bought me a frying pan and a table cloth for Christmas and I love them both.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    We all have Moms!

yeah, but the cost of that guitar out weighs everything mom's gotten me for the last 9 or 10 Xmases; this year she didn't get me anything but a hug and I was grateful. I'm not fishing for sympathy, f-that. I'm happy! But fellow aristocracy...ask for a friggin car next xmas, jebus.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    Honestly, who'd've thought that a thread entitled 'Was my mom ripped off' would have lasted so long?
    LOL....that's what I though when I first saw this thread, for a moment I though Lou was back :D
  • Options
    VelvetJVelvetJ Posts: 18
    Having been on the giving end of something like this I think this whole topic sucks! Last year for Christmas I bought my boyfriend an autographed copy of Ten and it was not cheap. I was just like your mom, totally excited to give him his present, it was making me crazy waiting for Christmas. When he opened it he was stunned, just like I wanted him to be. Later we both had the thought of "do you think these signatures are real". I have to say, just the idea that someone might have fooled me and helped me max out my credit card more than pissed me off. I really did think that because they were charging me so much it just HAD to be real.
    I finally decided to not look into it any further and just live in ignorant bliss that yes, we do have a signed copy of Ten in our house and we will just keep right on thinking that. It's the thought that counts right?? :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    The 10c wrote back to me and told me unless the signatures were directly in front of them, they couldnt tell if its real or not.

that's very generous of the 10C, why not take the 10C up on their offer to validate the guitar? they won't charge you anything for the service, your investment is protected in either case (either it's an authentic item with 10C's blessing or a fake item with a refund available) and you have absolute peace of mind, with no lingering doubts whether today or in the future. i'd totally take the 10C up on their offer, but i'm willing to bet Strangest Tribe wouldn't hehe,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore