Was my mom ripped off?

No Fear Of FallingNo Fear Of Falling Posts: 419
edited December 2007 in The Porch
For the past few weeks, my mother has been talking about how excited she is to give me my Christmas gift just to see the look on my face.

Christmas came, and I was given an electric guitar signed by Pearl Jam, along with a drumhead also signed.

I am now on the website where the guitar was purchased, and im kinda nervous that my mom was duped. They still have the exact same guitar in stock, and it has the autographs in the same exact spot, same goes for the drum head.

I've always been a believer in getting things autographed in person, but this was a gift to me (which I love by the way.. I was absolutely floored when I saw it in person)...

I just hope to God its not a fake..

http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/product-p/vt-10372.htm
2004 - 10/1, 10/11
2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
2007 - 6/27, 8/3
2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    holy frijoles

for that price, the band should deliver it themselves

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • either way you got a nice guitar freaking grinjos!!!
    I didnt do it!!
    its not my fault!!

Just becuz you suck dosnt mean im a good person!..... but you do suck
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    THE GUITAR AUTOGRAPHS ARE REAL ON THE PICTURE

the handwriting is very distinct and cant be duped

i have a drumhead and a picture autographed by the band and the sigs are all the same for the most part
    NY PJ1 wrote:

i have a drumhead and a picture autographed by the band and the sigs are all the same for the most part

did you see them auto'd in person? or did they come from some totally unimpeachable source? not setting you up, it's just that forgeries are big business. it may not be easy to do, but it is certainly possible

this might be a good one to send to kat and sea. didn't they say once that they'd authenticate if possible?

• NY PJ1 wrote:

Yeah.
    Thems real.
    The EV and Jeff sigs are spot on.
    Mike clearly spent a little extra time on this guitar than he normaly does, because usualy you cant read his sig for shit! Mr. Chicken Scratch himself.

lol.

Nice gee-tar.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Thanks alot everyone...

Its going in a frame ASAP lol
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    but you can order more than one of these things.....doesn't seem right

"hmmmm i want 10......" are they all gonna be legit?

im wary of it
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • lannerslanners Posts: 458
    can i borrow your mom next christmas?
    i. am. mine.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    duggro wrote:
    but you can order more than one of these things.....doesn't seem right

"hmmmm i want 10......" are they all gonna be legit?

im wary of it
    I have 1388 of them in my cart currently...that does raise a bit of a red flag.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    I have 1388 of them in my cart currently...that does raise a bit of a red flag.

thats weird,,but all im sayimg is the photo is real,,, i dont know what is being sold though
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    thats weird,,but all im sayimg is the photo is real,,, i dont know what is being sold though
    It could just be a software issue and after you enter your info it might tell you they don't have that many in stock...but I don't have 3.6 mil available on a credit card anyway.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    dangerboy wrote:
    did you see them auto'd in person? or did they come from some totally unimpeachable source? not setting you up, it's just that forgeries are big business. it may not be easy to do, but it is certainly possible

this might be a good one to send to kat and sea. didn't they say once that they'd authenticate if possible?

no i didnt but its had certificates and both game from legit companies

i also studied the sigs (LOl)
    because their is always potential for dupes

anyway they match up perfectly so i know my stuff is good
    Poncier wrote:
    It could just be a software issue and after you enter your info it might tell you they don't have that many in stock...but I don't have 3.6 mil available on a credit card anyway.

lol only 3.6 mil sweeeet
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I'm calling bullshit!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    For the past few weeks, my mother has been talking about how excited she is to give me my Christmas gift just to see the look on my face.

Christmas came, and I was given an electric guitar signed by Pearl Jam, along with a drumhead also signed.

I am now on the website where the guitar was purchased, and im kinda nervous that my mom was duped. They still have the exact same guitar in stock, and it has the autographs in the same exact spot, same goes for the drum head.

I've always been a believer in getting things autographed in person, but this was a gift to me (which I love by the way.. I was absolutely floored when I saw it in person)...

I just hope to God its not a fake..

http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/product-p/vt-10372.htm

those autographs are FAKE! and you can confirm that fact by emailing the 10C. keep in mind it's INCREDIBLY difficult to get all 5/6 members of the band to sign anything together, let alone the same item at different times. also keep in mind there are SKILLED individuals out there who can duplicate signatures QUITE easily. of course, these duplicate signatures are never as good as the real thing, hence one look at these signatures on the guitar and you can spot the subtle differences. i'm sorry to tell you, the $2632.50 paid for the guitar was a rip-off. buyer ALWAYS beware,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    no i didnt but its had certificates and both game from legit companies

i also studied the sigs (LOl)
    because their is always potential for dupes

anyway they match up perfectly so i know my stuff is good

coa's aren't worth crap. legit companies? like the one that sold this dude's mom this guitar for 2500 bucks? is high price and a shitload of "autographs" with coa's any one of us could make on our home comps all it takes to be "legit"?

• 100 Pacer wrote:
    those autographs are FAKE! and you can confirm that fact by emailing the 10C. keep in mind it's INCREDIBLY difficult to get all 5/6 members of the band to sign anything together, let alone the same item at different times. also keep in mind there are SKILLED individuals out there who can duplicate signatures QUITE easily. of course, these duplicate signatures are never as good as the real thing, hence one look at these signatures on the guitar and you can spot the subtle differences. i'm sorry to tell you, the $2632.50 paid for the guitar was a rip-off. buyer ALWAYS beware,...

It's not hard to catch all the band members for autographs. Just sayin....plus they are all generous enough to autograph anything you put in their faces and patient enough to give everyone a shot at getting an auto when you meet them in person.

Pearl Jam has autographed a gazillion guitars in the 16 years they've been around.
    the Minions
  • Emailing the 10C now..
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,457
    my room mate just said, "pearl jam songs are repetitive so their signatures are most likely repetitive"...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    without a picture of the band signing, I suspect its fake.
    it could be real, but the odds are against it.

ask the 10c, they may not respond, but its worth a shot

whenever you buy an autograph, especially online, its more than likely a fake
  • :(

well that COULD be eds but the rest look odd

This was sent to me personally from Pearl Jam's publicist to be framed for a CCFA auction. Everyone signed it. Take a look and compare.

http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/brisbaneSigned/1

http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/brisbaneSigned/sig1
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/brisbaneSigned/sig2
    http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/brisbaneSigned/sig3

Never buy autographs...

If I were you I would have your mom demand a refund and tell her to save the money for you until they go on tour again. Then you'll have plenty of cash to follow them around for some dates.

*edit I fixed the links... there are close ups of all the signatures now...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    It's not hard to catch all the band members for autographs. Just sayin....plus they are all generous enough to autograph anything you put in their faces and patient enough to give everyone a shot at getting an auto when you meet them in person.

Pearl Jam has autographed a gazillion guitars in the 16 years they've been around.

and how many complete band signatures on any given item have you amassed? lol, good luck with that. :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • fake.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    :(

well that COULD be eds but the rest look odd

This was sent to me personally from Pearl Jam's publicist to be framed for a CCFA auction. Everyone signed it. Take a look and compare.

http://www.pearljamstories.com/framed/brisbaneSigned/1

Never buy autographs...

If I were you I would have your mom demand a refund and tell her to save the money for you until they go on tour again. Then you'll have plenty of cash to follow them around for some dates.

THANKS for posting, MF. i'm feeling a little too lazy to take photos of and upload individual images of the 5 signatures in question (as i don't have all 5 band signatures on any one item, regardless of how easy ST makes it out to be above lol).

you can CLEARLY spot the SUBTLE differences in Ed's, Stone's, Jeff's, Mike's and Matt's signatures. keep in mind, SUBTLE is the key word, b/c that's all it takes for these professional signature duplicators,...they can get the broad strokes, but when it comes to wrist pressure (the amount of force with which one handles a writing tool and presses down as he/she writes - on the guitar with the fake signatures, every signature appears to be made with the same amount of force/pressure, and even uses the same tip/point of the sharpie/marker whereas on the CCFA poster with the real signature the difference in pressure/force with each band member's handwriting is very clear and noticeable) and lettering styles, where the differences are very easy to spot. sure, the dot Ed places at the end of his signature would be a crucial element to help determine whether the signature is real or not, but at the end of the day it's just a dot! look at the difference in lettering in Ed's real signature (the CCFA poster), specifically the E in Ed and V in Vedder as compared to the fake signatures on the guitar, look at the J in Jeff's signature on the CCFA poster as opposed to the fake signature on the guitar, look at the S on Stone's signature on the CCFA poster as opposed to the fake on the guitar, and Mike's infamous chicken-scratch signature on the CCFA poster is so simple that a fake signature on the guitar is evidence of clearly trying TOO hard to fake a signature lol, as it makes Mike's signature appear more legible than it EVER has been! just to round things out, the M in Matt's signature is also way off, the signature on the CCFA poster being real.

• I thought that the band had some rule between them that they don't sign instruments. Or at least Ed had that rule. Besides charity stuff, of course.

As a few others have said, I don't think it is that easy to get all of the guys to sign something. Especially something that is obviously is going to be re-sold on the internet.

Good luck with that.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • links now fixed, close ups of all signatures can be seen in my previous post, sorry about that.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • ya, since you can order more than one, its a fake. The band wouldnt sit down and sign multiple guitars for this instrument company for no cause, just so they could make a profit. Get your money back if you can!! I think they have a guy in the back named Juan that signs the guitars all the same way. Sorry, you got robbed......
  • It kills me to say this because I know you must be getting upset by reading this, but these signatures are 100% fake. I am a long time fan and collector and I can easily tell what is real from what is fake. I would have your mother try to return this ASAP and put that money towards the next tour or something.
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    THANKS for posting, MF. i'm feeling a little too lazy to take photos of and upload individual images of the 5 signatures in question (as i don't have all 5 band signatures on any one item, regardless of how easy ST makes it out to be above lol).

you can CLEARLY spot the SUBTLE differences in Ed's, Stone's, Jeff's, Mike's and Matt's signatures. keep in mind, SUBTLE is the key word, b/c that's all it takes for these professional signature duplicators,...they can get the broad strokes, but when it comes to wrist pressure (the amount of force with which one handles a writing tool and presses down as he/she writes - on the guitar with the fake signatures, every signature appears to be made with the same amount of force/pressure, and even uses the same tip/point of the sharpie/marker whereas on the CCFA poster with the real signature the difference in pressure/force with each band member's handwriting is very clear and noticeable) and lettering styles, where the differences are very easy to spot. sure, the dot Ed places at the end of his signature would be a crucial element to help determine whether the signature is real or not, but at the end of the day it's just a dot! look at the difference in lettering in Ed's real signature (the CCFA poster), specifically the E in Ed and V in Vedder as compared to the fake signatures on the guitar, look at the J in Jeff's signature on the CCFA poster as opposed to the fake signature on the guitar, look at the S on Stone's signature on the CCFA poster as opposed to the fake on the guitar, and Mike's infamous chicken-scratch signature on the CCFA poster is so simple that a fake signature on the guitar is evidence of clearly trying TOO hard to fake a signature lol, as it makes Mike's signature appear more legible than it EVER has been! just to round things out, the M in Matt's signature is also way off, the signature on the CCFA poster being real.

i hate to change the tune i sung up there but
    +1 on this.
    :(

I did say the Mike sig was clearly more legible ... refreshing my memory with the photo of the real thing, i have to agree ... it is way TOO legible. Lol.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    sorry but to me that screams bullshit. what really gave it away for me was that "pearl" logo above the guitar......PEARL makes DRUMS, not guitars.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09