Options

*** LA 2 Fanviews Here 10/01/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    edited October 2009
    WO83886 wrote:
    Great show, 10 Club hooked it up, ORC 3 row JJ seat 109, Rocked the fuck out per usual.

He was almost begging this crowd to lively up and let go, and make use of this incredible venue. The crowd surely responded but I can't help but say it still isn't reaching what he expects. I couldn't help but wanting more too. There were certainly lots of cell phone screens lit and people texting during songs that didnt come out during the 90s and a lot of standing still.

they are begging for this whole crowd to not just stand up but to rock their heads and pump their fists. maybe I expect too much

No you don't expect too much...i would love to be able to see them in a venue like the Gibson...i would appreciate the opportunity...have you seen footage of the vancouver show? now that's a crowd...

an all 10c show would be sweet...
    Post edited by hell_man_made on
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    SB25943SB25943 Posts: 11
    Fantastic Show!!

Thank you to all people who make it happen

Gibson is an AMAZING venue! The acoustics are second to none.

The set played was fantastic and the crowd was having a good time.

Advise: Pay for Preferred parking $20 (you'll be within 3 minutes of the stadium) - regular parking is $10...and you'll have to walk 15 minutes both ways.
  • Options
    mamasann wrote:
    Great fucking show and i sat behind Phil Jackson!

mamasann, just wondering, where were your seats? I was told by the ten club ticket distributor that I got bumped up cause they gave my seats to Phil. Just wondering where I was bumped from.

My seats were in orchestra 1, row BB seats 1 & 2. Phil didn’t show up till the lights went down and my brother and I didn’t realize it at first! All we were thinking was WTF we have dead on seats the 2 tallest guys in the place sit right in front of us! We turned to each other then we noticed who it was lol. He stood for a little bit but would sit a lot because of his knees but when he stood he was smiling and getting down!
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4456/phil.png
    Nov 06, 1995/Nov 07, 1995/Sep 16, 1996/Nov 15, 1997/Jul 10, 1998/Jul 11, 1998/Jul 13, 1998/Jul 14, 1998/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Aug 04, 2000/Nov 05, 2000/Dec 08, 2002/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 03, 2003/Jun 05, 2003/Jun 06, 2003/Jun 07, 2003/Sep 01, 2005/Jul 06, 2006/Jul 07, 2006/Jul 09, 2006/Jul 10, 2006/Sept 30th, 2009/April 15th, 2008 E.V./Oct 1st, 2009/Oct 6th, 2009/Oct 7th 2009/Oct 9th, 2009/July 5th, 2011 E.V/Sept 3rd PJ20/Sept 4th PJ20
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    mamasann wrote:

My seats were in orchestra 1, row BB seats 1 & 2. Phil didn’t show up till the lights went down and my brother and I didn’t realize it at first! All we were thinking was WTF we have dead on seats the 2 tallest guys in the place sit right in front of us! We turned to each other then we noticed who it was lol. He stood for a little bit but would sit a lot because of his knees but when he stood he was smiling and getting down!
    http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4456/phil.png

:lol::lol:
    Nice pic!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,152
    SB25943 wrote:
    Fantastic Show!!

Thank you to all people who make it happen

Gibson is an AMAZING venue! The acoustics are second to none.

The set played was fantastic and the crowd was having a good time.

Advise: Pay for Preferred parking $20 (you'll be within 3 minutes of the stadium) - regular parking is $10...and you'll have to walk 15 minutes both ways.

15 minutes? Were you walking on your hands? It takes about three minutes walking briskly, maybe five if you walk normally.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!
    Norm... fuckin' aye, motherfucker.
    I am really, really happy to hear this.
    It's fucking amazing up there, ain't it?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cosmo wrote:
    norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!
    Norm... fuckin' aye, motherfucker.
    I am really, really happy to hear this.
    It's fucking amazing up there, ain't it?

it truly is unreal...i'm still at a loss for the words to describe it :oops: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    my ex girlfriend ruined the show for me got to the show VERY late =(...never taking her out again, only did it cus it was her bday...hopefully i can make it out to the oct 6 and 7th show i loved JEREMY this night...and yes the crowd was full of energy, more than wednesdays show
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    it truly is unreal...i'm still at a loss for the words to describe it :oops: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    You catch a lot of things you normally don't see... the interactions and subtle gestures between the band members and crew. It's cool.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    esgam wrote:
    Ridiculous N1 and N2!!! Simply Ridiculous!!!

Okay, so someone (is it okay to post on youtube - is that breaking rules?) just posted Lukin w/Strings for y'all on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSi8JNUo9uE)! It's from 6th row center pitt. I'm surprised by the picture and sound quality and yes you get a little bit of Ed and a little bit of the string quartet trying to keep up. It's pretty f'ing hilarious!

I'm in the process of adding a few more vid's. Just Breathe, Unthought Known, The Audience Singing during Betterman, Ed saying that we rocked and thanking us for giving them something to want to come back to and I think that's about it. Oh yeah, Ben Harper with his acapella moment! Enjoy!

No one has mentioned that right before Once, Ed called an audible going up and saying something to each one of the guys. I thought he added Once since it came next, but it seems more likely now that he axed Footsteps at that point. Hopefully we'll get it at N3 or N4!

ROCK ON my friends! ROCK ON!!!

Thanks for putting up that Lukin video. It was funny to see the quartet playing along with that. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    norm wrote:
    You catch a lot of things you normally don't see... the interactions and subtle gestures between the band members and crew. It's cool.

my friend said it last night and i agreed...when ed looks right at you while he's singing and your singing you're like a deer in headlights...you don't know what to do!

but yeah the little things you see are just fascinating! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    norm wrote:

my friend said it last night and i agreed...when ed looks right at you while he's singing and your singing you're like a deer in headlights...you don't know what to do!

I couldn't agree more Norm. I wasn't as lucky as you, but being eye level with Mike was nuts.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Awesome, dude.. just fucking awesome.
    Hopefully, we'll meet up. These two gigs i went with my friend who has health problems, so we arrived late. We split our Ten/VHC tickets. The next 2 gigs are Ticketmasters, so she already has her ticket in hand and can drive up to NoHo herself and I can get there early and hang out. I really want to catch Ben Harper's set.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    esgam wrote:
    Ridiculous N1 and N2!!! Simply Ridiculous!!!

Okay, so someone (is it okay to post on youtube - is that breaking rules?) just posted Lukin w/Strings for y'all on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSi8JNUo9uE)! It's from 6th row center pitt. I'm surprised by the picture and sound quality and yes you get a little bit of Ed and a little bit of the string quartet trying to keep up. It's pretty f'ing hilarious!

ROCK ON my friends! ROCK ON!!!

When I relayed Lukin last night, I think I wrote something like, "acoustic lukin with strings. no shit!" Figured he would think it was a hoax.
  • Options
    Another thing I noticed about last nights show that was different from any other show I've seen...

There weren't any solos by Matt or by Boom. Anyone know if this has been true for the tour so far?
    120XXX
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    norm wrote:

Awesome, dude.. just fucking awesome.
    Hopefully, we'll meet up. These two gigs i went with my friend who has health problems, so we arrived late. We split our Ten/VHC tickets. The next 2 gigs are Ticketmasters, so she already has her ticket in hand and can drive up to NoHo herself and I can get there early and hang out. I really want to catch Ben Harper's set.

cool! yeah i'm gonna try to get there a little earlier to hang out with all the peeps and catch ben...i saw at the wiltern a few months back and it's a great show!!
  • Options
    JohnDalton wrote:
    FYI "Jazz Oddessy" is likey a reference to the film THIS IS SPINAL TAP. After Nigel is fired from the group, the band tries to figure out which songs they can do in their concert that night. They realize that with him gone, they only have a 10 minute set. Derek Smalls suggests the band go out and do a freeform "Jazz Oddessy".

From Spinal Tap A to Zed
    Jazz Odyssey: Written by Derek, this instrumental premiered at Themeland Amusement Park in Stockton, California, during the 1982 tour despite David's reluctance to "do a free-form jazz exploration in front of a festival crowd." As it turned out, only a sparse crowd was on hand to witness the rebirth of Tap sans Nigel. It may have been a good thing: Nigel is not a fan of jazz. "Jazz," he said in 1992," is just a series of mistakes without the 'oops.' " (LT) Nigel has also lambasted jazz guitarists for playing so soft. "I don't understand it. They use this bizarre tone on their guitars; it's like it's under a tub of water. It's like plup-plup-plup-plup-plup, like a little motor boat. But I think that's because they're old people, and they don't like the noise. And of course they play soft, so you can't hear them. Then they go, 'Yeah, I'm a great player.' 'Sure, mate. I've gotta take your word for it.' With me, I play loud. My manhood is right on the table. Examine it, pick it up, if you will." (GP) Derek: "Hopefully there's a bit of Jazz Odyssey in everything we play." (QM) Asked if the band would ever record Jazz Odyssey, Derek replied, "To record it, I think, would be to imprison a bird that must fly free." (WP)
  • Options
    O_G_DO_G_D Toronto Posts: 541
    Good to see the first Jeremy played in 09...
    1. Toronto, Ontario 09-21-1996 (MAPLE LEAF GARDENS)
    2. Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 (MOLSON PARK)
    3. Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    4. Toronto, Ontario 06-28-2003 (MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE)
    5. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    6. Boston, Massachusetts 09-28-2004 FLEET CENTER (NOW TD GARDEN) VFC TOUR
    7. Hamilton, Ontario 09-13-2005 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    8. Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    9. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-24-2005 (MILE ONE)
    10. St. Johns, Newfoundland 09-25-2005 (MILE ONE)
    11. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    12. Toronto, Ontario 05-09-2006 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    13. Sydney, Australia 11-07-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    14. Sydney, Australia 11-08-2006 (ACER ARENA)
    15. Melbourne, Australia 11-13-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    16. Melbourne, Australia 11-14-2006 (ROD LAVER ARENA)
    17. Adelaide, Australia 11-21-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    18. Adelaide, Australia 11-22-2006 (ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE)
    19. Perth, Australia 11-25-2006 (SUBIACO OVAL)
    20. New York, New York 06-24-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    21. New York, New York 06-25-2008 (MADISON SQUARE GARDEN)
    22. Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009 (MOLSON AMPITHEATRE)
    23. Buffalo, New York 05-10-2010 (HSBC ARENA)
    24. Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    25. Toronto, Ontario 09-12-2011 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    26. Hamilton, Ontario 09-15-2011 (COPPS COLISEUM)
    27. London, Ontario 07-16-2013 (BUDWEISER GARDENS)
    28. Buffalo, New York 10-12-2013 (FIRST NIAGARA CENTER) FORMERLY HSBC ARENA
    29. Detroit, Michigan 10-16-2014 (JOE LOUIS ARENA)
    30. Ottawa, Ontario 5-8-2016 (CANADIAN TIRE CENTRE)
    31. Toronto, Ontario 5-10-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)
    32. Toronto, Ontario 5-12-2016 (AIR CANADA CENTRE)

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Great fucking show. Setlist was a good mix of hits, new stuff, and rarities (at least for me - Driven To Tears and I Got Shit were both virgin to me before last night). I did like night 1's set better, but no complaints at all here in terms of song choice.

I was surprised at Eddie's comments about the night 1 crowd. I thought the night 1 crowd was actually very good (although I do agree that night 2 was a little more energetic -- but I think that has a lot to do with the setlist). Perhaps it was just an adjustment for them to be playing a 6,000 seat arena as opposed to the other venues they have played the last few weeks. I mean, no matter how enthusiastic a crowd is, it's hard for a 6,000 person audience to be louder than one with 20,000 or so people.

My only complaints: I sat in section 23 (furthest loge section to the left of the stage), row J. Just my luck that I happened to be sitting behind the biggest douchebag/tool in the history of history. This dude got super drunk before the show even started, then proceeded to perform the most awkward dance moves I have ever seen during a concert. At various points he was actually running up and down the aisles flailing around like he was on fire or something. It was actually semi-entertaining until he insisted on turning to my brother and I during almost every song, trying to start up a drunken conversation while the band was playing. He even said something about Eddie sounding like Alanis Morrissette during "Just Breathe." Oh, and his finishing move was tearing off his shirt Hulk Hogan-style at the end of the show. Seriously, total douchebag.

Oh, and I also was pissed at the fuckers who bought 20-30 of the special Lakers shirts from the merch booth before the show. I got to the venue an hour early and still could only get a small shirt (the last one of any size left) because those dudes had hoarded them. They were standing next to me as I was in line, stuffing their shirts into bags and talking about leaving them "with the rest in the car" and "putting them up as early as possible" tomorrow, so I can only assume they were aiming to scalp them on eBay.

Suggestion to the 10C: please limit shirts to only one per perso. There's no reason why anyone needs more than one specific shirt. It would be nice to have been able to take advantage of 10C seats again, too.

Oh, and if anyone miraculously bought a medium Lakers shirt and needs to get rid of it (especially if you need a small), let's make a deal. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options

Oh, and his finishing move was tearing off his shirt Hulk Hogan-style at the end of the show. Seriously, total douchebag.

Was the aforementioned douche a fat guy flailing it around over his head on Stone's side midway up? If so, I remember telling my g/f that I was so glad I wasn't near that guy.
  • Options
    NumberTenOxNumberTenOx Posts: 93
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and I also was pissed at the fuckers who bought 20-30 of the special Lakers shirts from the merch booth before the show.

I was very annoyed this shirt was sold out. Got there about 6:45 just as they were pulling the last one off the board. I wanted to get one for a friend who's both a die-hard Lakers and PJ fan. When I got to the front of the line I told the saleswoman it was fine, the Lakers suck anyway. She whispered "don't let anyone hear you say that", which of course led me to yell "The Lakers SUCK" about five times at the top of my lungs (yes beer was involved). Thank you LA people for not beating me to a pulp, everyone was actually nice about it, one guy calmly asked me why I didn't like the Lakers and I told him I was from Seattle, he just smiled.

Great, great show. Orc 4 row JJ, thank you 10 Club. I was pumped. My wife said it was "her best rock show, ever" which was pretty nice.
    Post edited by NumberTenOx on
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    This was another great show!!! Stone was on fire,seeing him really enjoying himself and really getting into it... For the three shows i had just seen, the guys were all having fun and really letting it all hang out....

The funny thing about this was, I had fan club tickets to this show, and i think it was just after the first set. The guy behind me says, is that Matt Cameron? Then asks again, I just laughed kinda loud... Then he says it again and the guy next to me says, yes it's Matt, he has been with them since 2003... oh the laughs i had over that.

Just to think, these were fan club seats :lol:

My show buddy and i ONCE again rocked the fuck out!!!

Thank You PEARL JAM for yet another great show !!!!

as it says in my sig, Pearl Jam Rocks out at every show!!!! the end

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    MeijinMeijin Posts: 51
    Suggestion to the 10C: please limit shirts to only one per perso. There's no reason why anyone needs more than one specific shirt. It would be nice to have been able to take advantage of 10C seats again, too.

I hate to get into the usual 10C complaints about merch, having complained about posters in '06 (well addressed in 2009, thanks very much 10 Club!). But I have to agree - guys were scooping up 4+ of the shirts... exclusive-to-the-night merch (posters, shirts, whatever) should be limited to one per person. It's pretty sad that there actually might need to be a policy in place, but either print more, limit consumption or raise the price; it's a cinch that at the current price the economics are out of whack. There's 1 sold for $160 on eBay right now.

Meanwhile you could easily pick up one of the hoodies which are also limited. Not night exclusive, but I think that $90 price deters a lot of wannabe arbitrageurs on the hoodies. Maybe $50-65 is the answer on shirts. Yeah, expensive, but if you REALLY love PJ and the team du jour, perhaps it's worth it to you. What probably is happening now is just reflexive "it's rare" speculative purchases vs extremely constrained supply.
  • Options
    I just saw the Lukin and strings... what an awesome idea. I've been cringing to see the video all day... WOW- I am more and more excited for next week!!!! LA here I come.... SD right after!!!
    "Underneath this smile lies everything,...
    All my hopes, anger, pride, and shame,..."
  • Options
    RandRRandR Posts: 9
    The last two nights were amazing. What the hell am I supposed to do tonight?
  • Options
    gohikegohike Posts: 31
    great shows. Saw 5 this tour, and now I'm done. Gibson Amp. is amazing. I was more than impressed! To the lucky ones going for nights 3 and 4, there's not a bad seat in the house. Enjoy!! I had 10c seats for 4 of the shows, the 5th being a festival. Worst seat I had was last night, 10th row, Stone's side. Otherwise, 4 or 6th row. THANK YOU 10C.

Now i do not like the Lakers or Dodgers, and had no desire to purchase a shirt, however a friend I was with did. I can't understand for the life of me why they would sell show specific merchandise outside of the venue, before you gave them your ticket to get inside. I was disgusted to see numerous people leaving Universal City with shirts purchased who had absolutely NO desire to go to the show. I bet they were on ebay before the show even started. Recommendation: If you are going to sell show specific merchandise, please sell it only inside the arena where paying ticket holders can purchase the goods and not scalperrs/flippers. For a band that takes bootleg memorabilia as seriously as PJ does, I'd think this would only be common sense!

I'm going to call out a few people that need to some common sense smacked into them! To the moronic fans who sat in 10c seats, far stage right, Stone's side, row AA and BB Orchestra, how can you sit the entire show? Even worse, the asian female (Me, and numerous others around us have pic's and video evidence as well!) who slept for the first 8 songs. When I asked her bf/husband if she was ok (I assumed she was hammered), he even said, "she's sober, slept at a Raiders game, and is now sleeping at a Pearl Jam show!) WTF!!! What a waste of 10c seats.

To the prizes who won the lottery, 2nd row, far right (Stone's side): HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR???? Even better, to the two hot chicks who were dressed up like they were going to a club in Vegas and not a PJ show seated 2nd row, two in from the end, Stone's side, HOW DO YOU SIT DOWN DURING REARVIEWMIRROR AND TEXT THE ENTIRE SONG??? (I have video proof of this as well!!!). PATHETIC! You should have your 10c membership revoked! There were 5500 other people that would have served those seats better than you!

Great stretch of shows! I love this band. This marked the end of my 2009 run, culminating w/ my 54th show since 1995! Thanks for keeping it real! See you next year (hands and knees praying!)
  • Options
    Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    RandR wrote:
    Ever see an elderly couple having dinner together and they hardly speak? It's either the unspoken between them that gives them a certain peace, or they hate each other and can't wait for the meal to end. That's what I was thinking about this "couple" sitting next to me last night. During the show they read their mail, checked Facebook repeatedly and jumped to their feet every time a song from the 90's started. Pathetic. Put your stupid telephone in your pocket and experience real life. Oh, and one more thing, buddy boy. If I was out with a woman that looked like that, I'd be looking at her rather than playing with myself/phone.

gawd! I despise people like this. when it happens to me, I always "accidentally' spill my beer all over their mail and iphones- never see them the rest of the night. :D
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Options
    I flew in from the UK for the gig. My sister and I saw them around 6 weeks ago in Manchester.

Couple of things i noticed......

1) There is a HUGE difference between European and US crowds. US crowds was much more sedate, I could actually have a conversation with my sister and not have to yell which was odd. European crowds go completely nuts (anyone who was in the pit at Manchester will know this!). I don't think the seating helped for a 'let's go crazy' type of atmosphere but I had by far the best view at a PJ gig ever (Orc5 row JJ).

2) Price of merch was more than I thought it would be. Even with a crappola exchange rate, the T-shirts worked out at 2 quid more than at the UK gigs ($3.20). Merch which is exclusive to the gig really should be limited to one per person. I arrived at the merch stall as it opened and by the time I got to the front they only had small shirts left.....which was very lucky as that was the size I wanted.

3) Very few people turned up to watch Ben Harper and the Relentless 7. The fools! They were great!

4) I'd read that crowd for the first LA gig was a bit subdued....and I think the band came out thinking that it would be the same and it took them 3 songs to realise it would be different.

5) Yes, I nearly did cry when they played 'Jeremy'.......I am a wuss.

6) I've had a big grin on my face all day.

That is all. :D
    Manchester 4th June 2000 London 18th June 2007 Manchester 17th August 2009 Los Angeles 1st October 2009 Manchester 21st June 2012 Leeds 8th July 2014 Milton Keynes 11th July 2014
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    edited October 2009
    Ok - I've read most of these posts. A lot of complaints that folks aren't jumping up and down and participating enough. And yes, the difference in the crowd on night #2 vs #1 was palpable. And I'm sick of people texting - lord, why spend $100+ ( by the time we're done with parking, etc ) to sit around and text??? And why do it if you can't bother to spend $10 to download the group's latest CD and learn the new songs? (night 1 on the way out I heard more than 1 person saying how great the 10 songs were - only ones they knew).

But: am I the only fan that is aging? I know I saw folks older than I am there ( yes I am a Grandma- although I started very young). I've got bad knees, but even so I spent all of both nights on my feet when the band was onstage, but did sit during the breaks last night. I'm sorry- it's painful. I sure as heck can't jump up and down anymore! Yes my arms flew up at the right times. And as for singing along - I feel I'm being cruel to my neighbors if I do. I can't carry a tune and know it - and I want to hear EDDIE!!! So I mouth the words to myself mostly ( may be less than I intended - I have no voice today).

I worship this band ( someone had a shirt that said "I don't need religion - I have Pearl Jam" -- that sums it up for me ) And I brought my 13-year old for his first PJ concert last night so he could do the bouncing for me and carry on the tradition. But how do I reconcile my love/desire to show that love and excitement with these damn aging joints??

And now I'm going to be crucified - but I took my son to see Green Day in August since that's his favorite ( kids have to discover their own music I suppose. He does love PJ though too). And Billie Joe did a great job making the audience participate. It was like intro to Rock Concerts 101 for my son - being prompted on standing up ( he singled out people that weren't and shamed them into it ), when to sway, put arms up - and bringing lots of audience members onto the stage to stage dive and even play guitar/sing with the band ( yes Eddie did to on Wed. for the 1 kid - god I wished it were my kid!!) I won't ask my son now which he prefered because I'm afraid of the answer! Green Day doesn't rock anywhere like PJ - but they did have the audience rocking. It would probably seem patronizing to 10c fans for PJ to do anything like that - but if the rest of the audience have short attention spans and need spoon-feeding to get them to give up their tweets, then either just give your all and play to those of us who are true fans instead of giving less because of those idiots or find a way to get them motivated.

And as for the seats - sounds like 10c is using the stupid Ticketmaster system - that the far right/left of a row is "better" than the center of the row behind. There must be better seating algorithms out there! And my single tix for shows 3 & 4 from Ticketmaster are only a few rows behind where my 250xxx 10c seats were last night and better centered?? And someone on the forum got front row from TM??? How can we work with the club to get a better seating algorithm?
    Post edited by Grandma on