norm wrote:
    FRONT
    FUCKING
    ROW!!!
    OH
    MY
    GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky.

right in front of professor gossard...when i picked up the tickets i looked at my friend and said front row and for about 10 seconds he stared at me in complete disbelief...i'm still in disbelief :shock: :shock:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I wish I could always sit with fans, I don't care where the seats are. Last night we were in the Loge in the middle pretty far down, but surrounded by people checking their BlackBerrys, talking during songs - most of the people only came to life when they played Jeremy.

So LA 1 was a better experience for me because I was in 10c seats surrounded by people singing and dancing and it was exactly what I love about seeing PJ. Last night was good, but I wish I'd been sitting somewhere else. The energy level where I was - funereal.

I vote for an all 10C show. And I'll sit in the back, I don't care.
  • Options
    Show rocked as usual. Ed's voice started to crack after 5 songs or so.

Only thing that completely sucked was the Ten Club fan seating assignment. I have 15 years in (first club tix show was Golden Gate Park SF 1995). They threw me extreme left with a profile view obscured by amps and mic stands. My join date is wrong even on this forum.

Guy at will call next to me was in for several years, quit - which is suppose to cancel your seniority - he rejoins 2 years ago and gets Pit 3, Row 4. Completely whack and just goes to show you the seat selection process is not based on seniority. 2nd tour that Ten Club has dissed me on my tickets and loyalty to this band.

Completely lame.
  • Options
    Here's my 2 cents...

I'm having a hard time putting words to the Pearl Jam experience last night.
    It was one of _those_ shows we all love so much.
    When things like head-space, seats, crowd and music all align
    themselves, words can't begin to describe the emotions. I think you
    all know what I'm talking about.

Eddie had a great quote towards the beginning of the show...something
    about there's a lot of laws and restrictions put upon us, but one
    thing is for sure "it's OK to lose your shit at a rock and roll
    concert" and the crowd completely obliged.

Here's a handful of pictures from the evening:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/tombellanca ... 1PearlJam#
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,251
    SH10924 wrote:
    Show rocked as usual. Ed's voice started to crack after 5 songs or so.

Only thing that completely sucked was the Ten Club fan seating assignment. I have 15 years in (first club tix show was Golden Gate Park SF 1995). They threw me extreme left with a profile view obscured by amps and mic stands. My join date is wrong even on this forum.

Guy at will call next to me was in for several years, quit - which is suppose to cancel your seniority - he rejoins 2 years ago and gets Pit 3, Row 4. Completely whack and just goes to show you the seat selection process is not based on seniority. 2nd tour that Ten Club has dissed me on my tickets and loyalty to this band.

Completely lame.

I don't think the "joined" date reflects when you joined the Ten Club. Like you, my "joined" date is July 1, 1998, even though I joined the Ten Club in 1994. I think July 1, 1998, was when they started the message board.

There is something bizarre about the way the seats are assigned, though. It sounds like you have a similar number to me (163xxx) and, like you, I was shunted way off to the side on night 1. Section 9, Row KK (the 11th row, but all the way to Mike's side). Last night, as I described above, people with much higher numbers were dead center and closer to the stage.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Lukin w/string quartet

i have never laughed harder reading a setlist :lol::lol::lol:

EPIC

cant really hear the strings on the youtube video... guess ill have to get the boot
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    Meijin wrote:
    Surrounded by a bunch of people who apparently were forced to go to see PJ as some sort of community service or school project, because it was just completely dead. )

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Phil Jackson was in the crowd. Wonder what he thought.

a) who the fuck cares what Phil thought?? :shock: ;) $10M per year and I'm sure he was comped. :x

b) sounds like another great show. Happy for all in attendance! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    yataheyatahe New Mexico Posts: 168
    Please direct me to that Lukin on youtube...I searched for it and could noy find it...thank you kindly...
    *KRISTAL*XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1434776887
    kristal_007@msn.com
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lukin w/string quartet

i have never laughed harder reading a setlist :lol::lol::lol:

EPIC

cant really hear the strings on the youtube video... guess ill have to get the boot

couldn't really hear them last night either...but the quartet were laughing their asses off trying to keep up! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    after small town, ed mentioned that they were a little nervous because some of their heros were in the crowd...mike watt, john doe and stewart copeland...then they launch into driven to tears :o :shock: :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    heres the video for those interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJqg27QWVIM

:lol:

• Options
    That's almost exactly the same view I had!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    after small town, ed mentioned that they were a little nervous because some of their heros were in the crowd...mike watt, john doe and stewart copeland...then they launch into driven to tears :o :shock: :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen:

ahh, S.C. was in the crowd, now it makes sense! Thanks for that clarrification ... seemed like an odd cover to just pull out.

Norm, what's your 10c #? Still stoked you got 1st row. I'll get there, someday.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

ahh, S.C. was in the crowd, now it makes sense! Thanks for that clarrification ... seemed like an odd cover to just pull out.

327xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hff2If750bA
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    norm wrote:

327xxx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hff2If750bA
    DAMN! hit the big jackpot! that mustve been the greatest surprise ever

nice to see that system work

• Options
    i'm 147xxx and we had Orch 5 row BB with 2 short/small gals right in front of us.
    With the orchestra section raised up from the pit, we had an INCREDIBLE view of the stage.
    Tons of eye contact with Ed and Mike. So amazing to feed off and send back waves of energy with the band.
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    sbheadsbhead Posts: 22
    Wow! Back at work again. Made it on time today though. What an awe inspiring night! Thank you 10c for the great seats, 7th row Orch 5 over on my personal saviour’s side. :twisted:

Highlights for me, the whole show! Non-stop fun! Pink Floyd is one of the first bands I REALLY got into back in the day so I always love the Interstellar intro to Corduroy and to have it open the show was great. Mike absolutely tweeking out with his whammy bar, Eddie’s dancing, he did a couple more backward bends but I think he went farther Wednesday night, and the full on rock’n’roll knee slide was great fun, he ended up right in front of Mike. Dissident was beautiful, I Got Shit=awesome. And Jeremy!!! There are a lot of haters out there, but it’s such and amazing, poignant song and the end jamb is phenomenal. It also hit a nerve since a high school I live near in Santa Barbara went on lockdown yesterday morning after reports of someone on campus with a gun. Everything was blocked off and helicopters where still in the air as I got on the freeway on a ramp that looks right down onto the sports fields at 4:00 heading for the show. Anyway, this was the only show of the run that my wife could make with me, hence the 10c seats. I had said she was going to pee her pants being so close, she didn’t, she held it in until Unthought Known when I looked over to tears streaming down her cheeks and she kept it up through Small Town. I had lots more specific moments to share but I think that all washed away when they started up Driven to Tears. We had carpooled with a guy I work with and two of his nephews who are both in bands, it was there second PJ show and we had listened to the Police the entire drive down so I was totally stoked for them. I hadn’t realized they had ever played it as a band, I’ve seen the video of Eddie on youtube, is he playing with Mike Watt on that? Didn’t Eddie say the Stewart Copeland was in the audience too? I’m loving The Fixer live, I think it’s a great little sing-a-long rave up. And Rearview!!!!! Oh my God! I was kind of feeling the night before that I wished they’d jam out the ending a bit more, like I could listen to them play around with the swinging ending of Down for a couple of minutes instead of the very quick wrap up they did Wednesday night, but I’m also a huge jamband junky so take that for what it’s worth. They just absolutely destroyed the place with the ending of RVM, my voice had held up pretty well until that one.

First encore I like having the mellow start and it was beautiful to be there with my wife for it last night. Lukin’ was great, you couldn’t hear the strings but it was fun to watch them rocking out. Red Mosquito was great again with a couple ripping solos from Ben, I won’t care if they play at the next two either. Jazz Odyssey was fun and went perfect with the chaos of getting Ben’s gear off stage. Betterman was great as usual, the sing-a-long was fantastic, so much fun being able as a collective unit to take over a song like that and let Eddie enjoy the love from the crowd.

Second encore I finally completely lost my voice, gone, not to be found until a few hours ago. Gonna See My Friend and Miracles were great, got the energy going again, I had a great time singing along with Miracles. But Once and Alive absolutely blew my mind. I was hoping for the Footsteps and I don’t think it would have killed the energy Once->Alive->Footsteps->YL would have been great but oh well! They did massively blow out the end of Alive too. I think all the band members were huddled around Matt just smashing the shit out of their guitars with no light except for while spotlights on strobe shooting of in different directions from behind Matt. Stellar, stellar ending. When they finished and lights came on Mike was swiping his had across his throat asking if that was it then a roadie appeared from the side and handed him a new guitar. Star Spangled was just sick, the guy next to me that had been playing with his iphone all night bolted as soon as the first bit of feedback broke through. Why? How? How can you leave after a show like that when you know this guy is going to get his jollies off ripping the system apart? Everyone came back out and did a full band bow together. Boom got his timing messed up though and missed bowing with everyone else, he was laughing pretty hard about it. It was a fabulous night that I’ll never forget, but hopefully it won’t jade me for the next two with crumbier seats.

We got home about 1:30 after stopping to eat something, we ran out of time before the show, didn't bring any snacks and wasn't about to eat the fried stuff at the venue. As we were falling asleep I told my wife that it's nice they have some real love songs now that we can take a break and love each other. I always laugh when I see couples getting holding each other during Betterman.

I came down with a cold Wednesday morning and somehow have persevered. Here’s to a few days off for rest and recovery and lets do it all again at #3 &4!!!!
    6/1/03 Shoreline, 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, 7/16/06 Bill Graham Civic
    8/28/09 Outsidelands Festival, 9/30/09 Gibson Amp, 10/1/09 Gibson Amp
    10/6/09 Gibson Amp, 10/7/09 Gibson Amp
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
    4/10/08 Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara
  • Options
    fucking amazing. lukin. can't wait for show on disc.
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    Great fucking show and i sat behind Phil Jackson!
    Nov 06, 1995/Nov 07, 1995/Sep 16, 1996/Nov 15, 1997/Jul 10, 1998/Jul 11, 1998/Jul 13, 1998/Jul 14, 1998/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Aug 04, 2000/Nov 05, 2000/Dec 08, 2002/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 03, 2003/Jun 05, 2003/Jun 06, 2003/Jun 07, 2003/Sep 01, 2005/Jul 06, 2006/Jul 07, 2006/Jul 09, 2006/Jul 10, 2006/Sept 30th, 2009/April 15th, 2008 E.V./Oct 1st, 2009/Oct 6th, 2009/Oct 7th 2009/Oct 9th, 2009/July 5th, 2011 E.V/Sept 3rd PJ20/Sept 4th PJ20
  • Options
    mamasann wrote:

Hope your view wasnt' to obscured! :D

Did he stand up or did you harp on him for sitting the whole time? :lol:
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
  • Options
    CaliBigWaveCaliBigWave California Posts: 82
    There was also a great moment right at the beginning of Given To Fly when someone several rows behind us exhaled a huge cloud of pot smoke into the air. The security guards all went on high alert and started looking to see where it came from. The cloud went over our heads and blew right across the stage. Mike immediately looked over and I think Ed did as well. I don't remember exactly what part of the song it was, but it was definitely timed perfectly.

I saw this from the middle of the Loge section, definitely a classic moment!!! :D
  • Options
    Oh yeah! Sick poster again tonight. I have mine coming from the presale so I don't get to enjoy it again for a couple of weeks. Black background with a bright green skeleton jester thing going on. Others could probably describe it better, I didn't take the time really check it out well. Now I'm really looking forward to next weeks prints too.
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
  • Options
    mamasann wrote:

mamasann, just wondering, where were your seats? I was told by the ten club ticket distributor that I got bumped up cause they gave my seats to Phil. Just wondering where I was bumped from.
    11/3/2000 - Boise, 12/8/2002 - Seattle, 7/09/2006 - Los Angeles, 7/10/2006 - Los Angeles, 12/9/2006 - Honolulu, 6/12/2008 - VH1 Rock Honors, 10/1/2009 - Los Angeles, 10/9/2009 - San Diego, 9/22/2012 - Atlanta, 10/12/2013 - Buffalo
  • Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    I also was disappointed with my 10c tix considering everyone around me had member numbers in the 300K range well over 100k above mine the priority numbering is suspect BUT both shows have been outstanding and well worth any self-pitying problems.
    Glad to see the band doesn't hate LA anymore.
  • Options
    IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg
  • Options
    Love Matt's spaceman bass drum head. Maybe Eddie should take over on drums at the end of a show and let Matt toss some of those out. :mrgreen:
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
  • Options
    Both show awesome!

Ed sliding across the front of the stage LA2...RAD!!!
  • Options
    I thought about posting last night when I got home but after the 45 minute drive home I was a little tired...

I am a 10C member, 120XXX, and this was by far the best seats I have ever gotten. Row 6 dead center. This is my 6th show, I've seen them at the Blockbuster Pavillion, The Forum, Verizon Wireless and Cox Arena in S.D. Of the L.A. shows I've been to this was by far the best. The sound was electrifying. The band was empowered. The crowd... Well the crowd consumed it all and let it out ten fold.

I think this was due to a few reasons...
    The band realized they needed to put a little more into the show due to Wednesday nights performance. Not just play wise but setlist wise as well.
    The big reason I think the show was phenomenal was the size of the venue... Of the shows I've been to the best was from last tour in San Diego. It was an inspirational moving and dedicated show. A big reason, was again the size of the venue. I couldn't wait for the bootleg to be issued so I could listen to it over and over again. Last night's performance gave me that same feeling when I left.

I've posted a link to some pics and a couple of videos... enjoy.

When you have intimate setting magical things can happen. Last night was one of those nights.

It was magical.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cacuellar76 ... directlink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR9xdctYlJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjyXmXIvOqg
    120XXX
  • Options
    esgamesgam Los Angeles Posts: 99
    Ridiculous N1 and N2!!! Simply Ridiculous!!!

Okay, so someone (is it okay to post on youtube - is that breaking rules?) just posted Lukin w/Strings for y'all on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSi8JNUo9uE)! It's from 6th row center pitt. I'm surprised by the picture and sound quality and yes you get a little bit of Ed and a little bit of the string quartet trying to keep up. It's pretty f'ing hilarious!

I'm in the process of adding a few more vid's. Just Breathe, Unthought Known, The Audience Singing during Betterman, Ed saying that we rocked and thanking us for giving them something to want to come back to and I think that's about it. Oh yeah, Ben Harper with his acapella moment! Enjoy!

No one has mentioned that right before Once, Ed called an audible going up and saying something to each one of the guys. I thought he added Once since it came next, but it seems more likely now that he axed Footsteps at that point. Hopefully we'll get it at N3 or N4!

ROCK ON my friends! ROCK ON!!!