Options

what would be your funeral set list

2»

Comments

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    No religeon for me either. But I guess from my earlier list a very long do! Went to my brother-in-laws cremation last year, he specifically asked for god to be left out and it was a really beautiful ceremony.
  • Options
    Notice nobody listed Hold On (Lost Dogs)...one of my favs
    "I know, life would be different if I held on.."

Might be too hard a song for a funeral so instead of guitars and drums a nice acoustic version with a string quartet background.

Also perhaps SMILE "i miss you already.."

Holy CRAP this thread's depressing! :lol:
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    This is a hilarious Thread. Yes death can be sombre, but you guys are putting together great set lists, for funerals.
    Personaly, I want my funeral upbeat and quick, lets get on with the party to cellebrate!
    Everyone who knows me, knows not to bother playing anything other that PJ, or I will come back to haunt them!
    Top of my list is from into the wild. Falling SAFELY.
    After that it would be stuff like Evolution,Animal,Go, Spin, loventrust, and anything else that if I personaly danced to all of them, I would have a coronary anyway.

god bless and rip those that go before us.
  • Options
    Satisfied Mind - Jeff Buckley
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    hey dont u die yet??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Given To Fly...

and Better Man. Just because it's my favourite song of all time.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    i started this thread because of the end.. this song is so relateable to me is fukn sick. i was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. this song has my mind spinning. the verse ive been caught a sickness in my bones, leavn you with kids alone. im married with 2 kids, its like w t f wow hopefully i dont have write a set list for last day here for a long time. well thanks for the replys p j nation. c u in philly........
    RGarabed21 wrote:

Might be too hard a song for a funeral so instead of guitars and drums a nice acoustic version with a string quartet background.

Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    Given To Fly...

and Better Man. Just because it's my favourite song of all time.
    thanks for better man Sian :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    the entire Yield album
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    1. Man of the Hour
    2. Just Breathe
    3. See That My Grave is Kept Clean - Bob Dylan
    4. Full Circle - Aerosmith
    5. Southside of the Sky - The Swinging Steaks
  • Options
    happydad wrote:
    i started this thread because of the end.. this song is so relateable to me is fukn sick. i was diagnosed with MS 3 years ago. this song has my mind spinning. the verse ive been caught a sickness in my bones, leavn you with kids alone. im married with 2 kids, its like w t f wow hopefully i dont have write a set list for last day here for a long time. well thanks for the replys p j nation. c u in philly........

Stay strong bro..you going to all 4 shows?
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    From the movie High Fidelity:

"Songs at my funeral: "Many Rivers to Cross" by Jimmy Cliff, "Angel" by Aretha Franklin, and I've always had this fantasy that some beautiful, tearful woman would insist on "You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Me" by Gladys Knight. But who would that woman be?"
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    no just philly 1. probally gonna buy tix for num2 though. depends how much scalpers want. maybe i should post need 2 tix for philly 2
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    happydad wrote:

Stay strong bro..you going to all 4 shows?
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    I have already discussed this with my children several years ago . . . the song I want played at my funeral is:

RELEASE

Seems pretty fitting:
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    Release me
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dont know how many songs are played at a funeral but Say Hello 2 Heaven would be sweet.
  • Options
    EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    I have a close friend with MS...you will be in my thoughts for health and happiness. Wow...I can't even imagine what The End would mean to you right now. I have always told all my friends that I am so obsessed with this band because of the lyrics. All new albums always have a song(s) that hits me like a fucking train, you know...soundtrack of my life. I am willing to bet that you feel the same way...God, the love and appreciation of music is a gift. What would we do without it?

Best of luck to you.

happydad wrote:
    RGarabed21 wrote:

• Options
    thank you. i am lucky i guess with the fact they saw it so early and the medicine is good. no sighns of it now. your so right that there music is a soudtrack of our lives. i mean stating with black, a life time ago. there is no other band that has meant so much to me with there music. led zeppelin was my child hood fav. but since 91 forget about it. my kids are pearl jam fans 1 is 8 and 5.
    I have a close friend with MS...you will be in my thoughts for health and happiness. Wow...I can't even imagine what The End would mean to you right now. I have always told all my friends that I am so obsessed with this band because of the lyrics. All new albums always have a song(s) that hits me like a fucking train, you know...soundtrack of my life. I am willing to bet that you feel the same way...God, the love and appreciation of music is a gift. What would we do without it?

Best of luck to you.

happydad wrote:
    RGarabed21 wrote:

Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    EvergreenEvergreen Posts: 492
    Pass the great mucis onto your kids!!! That is GREAT. I had JUST turned 24 when I saw them first in '91 and my son was almost 4. We have been on a musical journey for 21 years. :D

He is going to the Austin and San Diego shows with me. It's really great to have had this in our lives all these years. I took him to his first concert at age 8 and he has been my regular concert date ever since. Sadly, my husband is not as touched by music...he listens to country pretty much. *shutters*

Yours will be ready pretty soon!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Lukin on repeat
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    But he sinks himself deep.
    Can't touch the bottom
    In too deep
    Can't touch the bottom
    Can't touch the bottom
    Deep...yeah

Can't touch the bottom
    The bottom
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Down.

No need to be sorrowful at a funeral, rejoice on the wonderful time spent. :)
  • Options
    thats pretty good. lets celebrate the life of the deceased. alive will work there. r i t f w for sure. nothing as it seems maybe, smile, last exit, immortality and def small town. i grew up in bedford ma.
    Down.

No need to be sorrowful at a funeral, rejoice on the wonderful time spent. :)
    Son of Jor-El
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    My favorite song of all time, Thunder Road, by Bruce Springsteen. And Long Road.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Lukin on repeat
    i was so sure about that..
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Brisk. wrote:
    dont know how many songs are played at a funeral but Say Hello 2 Heaven would be sweet.

sure your typical funeral does not have music... but that's mostly because people blindly follow religion and tradition their whole life without asking why?

at my funeral there will be music
  • Options
    Man of the hour-PJ
    Release-PJ
    Eulogy-Tool
    forty-six and 2-Tool
    Better to have loved-Idina Menzel
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.