Options

Eddie's thoughts on Seattle Crowds

13»

Comments

• Options
    So is Eddie just a hater now or something?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    So is Eddie just a hater now or something?

go watch some vids of the seattle show on youtube and pay attention to the crowd...Eddie is justified in what he said
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    SOLAT7979 wrote:
    I've never been to an Arena where you can bring beer in.

OH MY DEAR GOD. I was at ONE show that they didn't allow it in, and it was the White Stripes in Vancouver. I live in Winnipeg, and there's not a place in this city that doesn't allow booze into the show. That's absurd.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,117
    I saw 3 shows this summer. Calgary, and Seattle I and II.

Seattle II had the best setlist, but I enjoyed the Calgary show the most.

Probably because it ended a 3 year PJ drought, but it was also GA. And the crowd was big, and insane (and probably drunk and high). It was awesome. I was fairly close to the stage, probably closer then my 10c tickets got me in seattlle. It started out a little slow, but after 5 or 6 songs, Ed just started feeding off the energy... it was awesome.

I usually like the setlists with more rarities, but Calgary was awesome!

I didn't get that vibe in seattle... Might of been because i was further away from the stage, and its harder to see the band, or their facial expressions, so its not as personal...

It reminded me alot of the 2nd Memorial Stadium show in '98 in seattle. That crowd was insane (also GA). This was before ticket senority, probably less traveling for shows, but it was an awesome/very intense crowd. Made for an awesome show. So I know seattle can have a good crowd for a show. Gorge 05 had an awesome crowd as well.

Speaking of Gorge 05, how much affect does the band have on the crowd, to how rowdy the crowd gets? If they'd mixed the encores up in the seattle shows a bit more (rather then the same quiet encore/real me both nights), would it have exciting the crowd more? I know I was a little bummed getting the real me a 2nd time (well a 3rd time they played it in Calgary too), Would of been extatic for breath! The sole reason i'm dissapointed i didn't go to vancouver.
  • Options
    i generally enjoy GA shows more than regular shows now.
  • Options
    Maybe if they mixed up the tenclub seating so the same old balls weren't always in the front there'd be a little more excitement.

I've been to 10 Seattle shows and these weren't the best, but they were good crowds.

Its not our fault that the Key sucks ass. I could hardly put together a sentence Eddie said from the 200 level.

Hopefully the next Seattle shows will be at the Gorge next year. The Key just doesn't get it done anymore.
  • Options
    Maybe if they mixed up the tenclub seating so the same old balls weren't always in the front there'd be a little more excitement.

I've been to 10 Seattle shows and these weren't the best, but they were good crowds.

Its not our fault that the Key sucks ass. I could hardly put together a sentence Eddie said from the 200 level.

Hopefully the next Seattle shows will be at the Gorge next year. The Key just doesn't get it done anymore.
    they do sort of bring it on themselves with this seniority stuff.
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    he dissed nz in australia in 2003... but that was super harsh since they didnt' even fucking play here :(

*still not over it*
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 992
    SOLAT7979 wrote:
    I've never been to an Arena where you can bring beer in.
    You can at the o2 in London. I was very surprised but at £4.50 a pint who could afford to.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14