Options

Eddie's thoughts on Seattle Crowds

SOLAT7979SOLAT7979 Posts: 67
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Some people say the crowd in Seattle was good...Others said not so good.

Eddie shares his thoughts with Vancouver. Ouch Seattle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bk4wCnLsZY
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ouch ... i was watching a video of unthought known on utube and i dunno if the song was new or what but the crowd up front definitely looked dead ... but then again - i'm sure these guys have been to 30+ shows in their time and don't really give a fuck ... hahaha ...
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    This is all socialized healthcare's fault.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    It's the Key Arena's fault.. That place kinda sucks... Can't bring beer into the arena?
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    I've never been to an Arena where you can bring beer in.
  • Options
    Every arena in Chicago let's you!

Even the Ryman Auditorium allowed it! And that place is much more historical than the Key Arena!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One thing to praise the Vancouver folks, but to call the hometown crowd a "shit crowd" ... a little stunning. Hell, to call anyone a shit crowd, still makes you take a pause.

People talked about it but to actually hear Ed say it ... well ... just, wow.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    "People talked about it but to actually hear Ed say it ... well ... just, wow.[/quote]"

Ya, it sounds a bit harsh to me...I wonder if any of the guys in the band froze up when they heard Ed say that.

In defense of Seattle, Vancouver show was on a Friday night, and the 2 Seattle shows were week nights.

Not all PJ fans are 21 anymore.
  • Options
    If I were him I would have high expectations for my band's hometown crowd... Nevertheless, I thought the Chicago shows were better!
  • Options
    I've been to 14 shows now. Eddie almost always pokes at the previous nights crowd to rile up the current night. He did the same in Portland the next night (about Vancouver). I've seen him do it in the same town on the night 2 show. This is nothing new and nothing against Seattle.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    He talked shit about Vancouver in Portland (Ridgefield). Don't take it personal. Its just normal rock and roll show shit. I have heard that Vancouver venue gets loud as fuck though.
  • Options
    I've been to 14 shows now. Eddie almost always pokes at the previous nights crowd to rile up the current night. He did the same in Portland the next night (about Vancouver). I've seen him do it in the same town on the night 2 show. This is nothing new and nothing against Seattle.

I know what you're saying Eddierdder, but I've never really heard him say "shit crowd"
  • Options

I certainly don't take it personally, and I was there. I'd agree that the crowds were a lot tamer than I'm used to (originally being from Boston) ...

and yeah, Ed's done this in the past ... but, we're now in the youtube era, so, stuff like this gets posted immediately, while the memories are still fresh in the minds fo the folks that were there.

These comments were posted in a different thread in GTF, and there was more than one person that was really put off by the comments.

Again, you can praise one crowd, even say it was better than another crowd ... but, to call any crowd a shit crowd is a little harsh, esepcially when it's so fresh.

But yeah, no need to make a lot out of this, it's just my opinion.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    How can ya say Seattle crowds suck when half the crowd is from outta town, or better yet, outta country?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    GR8Dane wrote:
    How can ya say Seattle crowds suck when half the crowd is from outta town, or better yet, outta country?

or, a part of the band's very own guest list ... :D

• Options
    this is why i hate the internet. he's just playing to the crowd.
  • Options
    He shit talked Edmonton at the Kitchener show in 2005 and then shit talked Kitchener in London a few nights later. Its all in good fun.
  • Options
    Sounds the usual Eddie banter.

But to me it allways looks like American audiences are second grade to European.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    wait till those fukers get to Philly..I think friday and saturday nights will be DANGEROUSLY exciting to this band!!!
    Philly is going to tear the roof off on Sat. night
    where your shit kickers
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Sounds the usual Eddie banter.

But to me it allways looks like American audiences are second grade to European.

yep...but still a bit ouch.

as to the 2nd comment, it really isn't true. it's simple the difference between GA and seating that makes ALL the difference to the 'appearances' and volume-wise, most shows on either continent are loud as fuck, crowd-wise, at least the bulk of shows i've seen in various countries. GA shows in the states rock just as hard as the euro GA shows.

crazygeo wrote:
    wait till those fukers get to Philly..I think friday and saturday nights will be DANGEROUSLY exciting to this band!!!
    where your shit kickers

seriously!
    pretty much gathering ALL the NE fans into 4 shows in philly.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
    i'll be there for friday/saturday.

btw - i'll 'wear' mine. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    You guys are funny. If Ed shows up and calls your mother a whore I bet you would giggle like little school girls and brush it off.

He's calling out Seattle, listen to the Seattle boots. Could hear a mouse fart during some songs.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Options
    don't feel so bad Seattle.... ANY crowd is better then the one on the 'Fixer' video - lmao..... how sad is that group??? :lol::lol::lol:

Molson Park/Barrie - Aug 05, 1992
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 19, 2005
    EV solo Massey Hall/Toronto - Aug 13, 2008
    Molson Amphitheatre/Toronto - Aug 21, 2009
    HSBC/Buffalo - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 12, 2011
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,127
    It's Eddie playing the crowd. He dissed the Vancouver crowd at the Portland show and he'll probably bad-mouth Portlanders in SLC tonight. Too bad he has to play that way in the Internet age.

Before "Present Tense," he told the Portland crowd that "you probably want to sing louder than those Canadian fuckers yesterday."

Here's the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qgR94vkLHI

Also, I was at that Seattle shows. The energy was intense. Too bad he could only see the people in the first 10 rows, most of whom are the same faces he sees at every Seattle show.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 528
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    It's Eddie playing the crowd. He dissed the Vancouver crowd at the Portland show and he'll probably bad-mouth Portlanders in SLC tonight. Too bad he has to play that way in the Internet age.

Before "Present Tense," he told the Portland crowd that "you probably want to sing louder than those Canadian fuckers yesterday."

Here's the video:

Also, I was at that Seattle shows. The energy was intense. Too bad he could only see the people in the first 10 rows, most of whom are the same faces he sees at every Seattle show.
    No, he'll probably bad mouth the SLC crowd to our face...look at what is left on ticketmaster, playing the song "1/2 Full" would be more than appropriate, tonight. :lol:

:(
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    bicyclejoe wrote:

Here's the video:

I agree with jimed14. Eddie calling out ANY crowd is lame. Show some humility...every fan paid good money to be there, and then to be lumped together and criticized I think is a cheap and easy way to fire up a crowd. WE the fans are the consumers, and you Eddie are the entertainer/artist- our money paid for your life and lifestyle.....
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    yeah right, then he will call the Philly crowds losers to the Australia crowds.
    crazygeo wrote:
    where your shit kickers
  • Options
    Hey I have to admit the Toronto crowd blew both the Chicago crowds away by a mile.

You could also smell 10X the amount of pot smoke in Toronto......Maybe the Canadians just know how to rock out better and get into it..??? Thats just speculation of course.
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    Don't bite the hand that feeds Ed. Comments like that turn some people off real quick. Careful Ed... I guess you have some fat you can trim but not really that cool to hate on your home town crowd. Even if they are pathetic.
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    bicyclejoe wrote:

Here's the video:

I agree with jimed14. Eddie calling out ANY crowd is lame. Show some humility...every fan paid good money to be there, and then to be lumped together and criticized I think is a cheap and easy way to fire up a crowd. WE the fans are the consumers, and you Eddie are the entertainer/artist- our money paid for your life and lifestyle.....
    Oh go away sensative sally............next time maybe the crowd should do a better job....Im on Ed's side...lol
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    One of the reasons I have stuck with PJ all these years is that they truly are a band with integrity, they have always put on a great show, regardless of the venue or size of the crowd. I think it is LAME that he has to take cheap shots at folks just to gain a thunderous applause from the crowd. I mean, most people hang on Eddie's every word, so I would like to think he could come up with something else to fire up the crowd rather than dissing other crowds---yes, I will still see them, I am not giving up my 10c # or anything, so no need to jump to any conclusions... :roll:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    bicyclejoe wrote:

Here's the video:

I agree! I think it used to be kinda funny to hear every now and then... especially times like San Diego 06 when he called out Las Vegas from the night before... it truly was a shitty show ;) What he's doing now is looking like a Timberland Salesman... out there selling boots... :| I'm not saying the shows weren't good... great even! But someone should tell Ed it's easier to attract bees with honey... than vinegar...
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go