Options

10C tickts for sale on Ebay

mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    What makes that even worse is that it will get absurdly expensive, and this happens to be one of the shows where 10C stated their allocation of seats is larger than usual.. could someone with an eBay account post a question asking how he knows he'll get good seats given that information, and the fact that he has yet to provide his 10C number? Otherwise, some poor soul WILL get ripped off.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    I like how the explanation for selling these ticket is having to do the trick or treat thing with the kids. Real classy to try to make a profit and make people think you are putting your kids first.
  • Options
    I like how the explanation for selling these ticket is having to do the trick or treat thing with the kids. Real classy to try to make a profit and make people think you are putting your kids first.

Yeah, I found that a little abusrd.

Oh yeah...I completely forgot Halloween fell on October 31st this year! Or "Oh I just found out my kids wanted to go trick or treating this year"
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    The best part is the sob story about selling the tickets because they didn't realize it was halloween on 10/31 and now they have to trick or treat with the kids... I almost believed that, until I saw their other auction selling 10C tix for the 10/27 show too (starting bid is well over $300). I hope his kids come to my door on halloween. I'll have nickels and unsalted peanuts waiting for them...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    I smell a lifetime ten club ban coming!!!!
    Should be selling only 1 ticket for $83.50 (face value)
    You are not allowed to sell both ten club tickets,according
    to ten club rules,only 1 ticket can be resold for face value!
    Face value is $167.00 a pair,and this dickhead is starting bidding
    out at $200.00 or buy it now for $250.00
    They need to be thrown out immediately!!!! :twisted: :evil:

They also forgot october 31st was halloween :shock: :o:lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    two theories, this guy is for real and is risking losing his membership to make a profit,

or

he's advertising 10c tickets when he really doesn't have any, the transaction is made online, the people supposedly meeting him will get stiffed cause he wont show, and he walks away scamming them out of money, hopefully there's enough security where they will get their money back...though who is stupid enough to buy those?

and if he was for real, he would have shown the first few digits of his membership # to show where they would expect to sit, not all 10c seats are "good" seats, he's making a point that the seats will be good cause they are 10c tickets...he obviously doesn't know how 10c tickets work, that leads me to believe my second theory is probably close to the truth
  • Options
    Has someone reported it yet?
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    better not win the lottery...
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I sent them an email on Ebay to let them know selling 10c tickets for a profit is against 10c rules. They responded back indicating they didnt know and changed the Buy it Now price to $167. Someone bought them for $167.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    How about all of you fucking clowns mind your own business. If he want's to sell his tickets who gives a fuck, he paid for them. I'm sure all of you people abide by every rule and law that is in place, right?
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    StevieG wrote:
    How about all of you fucking clowns mind your own business. If he want's to sell his tickets who gives a fuck, he paid for them. I'm sure all of you people abide by every rule and law that is in place, right?

were they your tickets. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

No they weren't, I just find it really pathetic how everybody likes to pass judgement on people.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    StevieG wrote:
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

No they weren't, I just find it really pathetic how everybody likes to pass judgement on people.

ironic,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    they are my tickets.............number 71xxx.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    StevieG wrote:
    I just find it really pathetic how everybody likes to pass judgement on people.
    I agree in principal, but this one was a no-brainer.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    StevieG wrote:

Its against 10c rules to sell 10c tickets for a profit, plain and simple.
  • Options
    For a person with a low number, I would think you know the policy by now. That is usually one of the first rules. Also, why not just sell it here and avoid the paypal and ebay fees you are going to face.
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    StevieG wrote:
    81 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

+1

Find something better to do with your time than be the 10C taddle tale police. :idea:

Or better yet, I ought to go eBay and start an auction for my tickets, only I'll start them with an outrageously high starting price just to get a fucking reaction out of you all, then end the auction before a sale occurs. Would be worth a laugh, maybe take some bets on when the first "oooooh, I'm tellin" thread starts. :lol:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    It's hard enough to get 10C tix- I don't need some asshole selling his to make a profit. For those defending that guy- how dumb can you be? A fan club is meant to give true fans the best seats in the house. Allowing people to re-sell these tickets would make being a 10C member a waste of time.

I applaud those that rat out those above face value 10C ticket selling bastards.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    The seller just took a $20 loss to ebay for the Buy-It-Now fee of 12% and then another $5 loss to PayPal for the 2.9% + $0.30 payment fee (if they accepted payment through PayPal). Not to mention the cost they may incur going to pickup the tickets and loss of time they'll have "transferring" the tickets to the buyer.

At their original Buy-It-Now price of $250, they would have made a whopping profit of $46 after fees, but before transfer. Good job, group! Good job! :roll:
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Well good for the choad that just sold em for a small loss.
    Its still against ten club policy and rules to sell both your tickets!
    Dont you read the feckin rules?
    You can only sell your extra ticket.You cannot,under any cirumstances,
    sell both tickets.No transfers allowed either.
    You can sell your spare ticket for $83.50
    Thats it.i suppose you could just "Give Away" your own ticket.
    Read the rules
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Read the rules

I noticed your interests list "watching PJ bootleg shows". You know that's against the rules, right? I mean, the band doesn't allow video taping and never has, so doing so would be against their expressed wishes.
  • Options
    how is it even possible to seel your 10c tix, You need ID to pick em up. I would never give some random sluggo my ID to pick up my tix. This guys a jerk
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    how is it even possible to seel your 10c tix, You need ID to pick em up. I would never give some random sluggo my ID to pick up my tix. This guys a jerk

easy...you just can't exchange them until the day of the event
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    two theories, this guy is for real and is risking losing his membership to make a profit,

or

he's advertising 10c tickets when he really doesn't have any, the transaction is made online, the people supposedly meeting him will get stiffed cause he wont show, and he walks away scamming them out of money, hopefully there's enough security where they will get their money back...though who is stupid enough to buy those?

and if he was for real, he would have shown the first few digits of his membership # to show where they would expect to sit, not all 10c seats are "good" seats, he's making a point that the seats will be good cause they are 10c tickets...he obviously doesn't know how 10c tickets work, that leads me to believe my second theory is probably close to the truth

Well, I hope there aren't any idiots out there that would pay first then show up hoping he will show also. It's not like he can pick the tix up at any time (morning) then give it to the buyer. When he picks them up will be when trick or treating will be going on, so that whole story doesn't make sense anyway. Where I am, there is a curfew from like 4-7pm or something like that, so buyer beware.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Read the rules

I gotta disagree with you; I've never read anything in the rules that says you can't sell both of your 10C tix for face value provided your are selling them to another member. Just because the 10C doesn't do the transfer for you, doesn't explicitly mean that you can't complete a face value member to member transaction yourself.

The problem with this transaction was 1) it was above face value and 2) it was available to non-10c members.
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Read the rules

I gotta disagree with you; I've never read anything in the rules that says you can't sell both of your 10C tix for face value provided your are selling them to another member. Just because the 10C doesn't do the transfer for you, doesn't explicitly mean that you can't complete a face value member to member transaction yourself.

The problem with this transaction was 1) it was above face value and 2) it was available to non-10c members.
    Only part 1 is a rule. Part 2 isn't.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    jamburger wrote:
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Read the rules

I noticed your interests list "watching PJ bootleg shows". You know that's against the rules, right? I mean, the band doesn't allow video taping and never has, so doing so would be against their expressed wishes.

game set match
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    ajedigecko wrote:
    they are my tickets.............number 71xxx.
    Are you looking for trouble tough guy? ;):lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    jamburger wrote:
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Read the rules

the band actively supports bootlegging. the only thing thats a NFT is ed solo shows and shows as per requested by the band.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?