Options

Anybody in Ontario receive Backspacer yet?

StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone in Ontario has received their Backspacer CD from 10C yet? (I won't even ask about the vinyl copy). It is pretty pathetic that I can order a new bootleg on Sep. 17th and they get it to me on the 28th (7 business days) but I'm still waiting for Backspacer. Time for some new shipping methods 10 Club, ask Kufala for some tips, seriously!
Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
London, ON- Jul 16 2013
Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,689
    No kidding.. I haven't seen mine yet! I recieved my boot in less than a week, no border problems!! Haha no more excuses ten club
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    edited September 2009
    NOT HERE

LIKE COME ON ALREADY.....this is bullshit....not only did i pay more through 10C...but I still dont even have it.

i almost just want my money back.
    Post edited by Cardinal on
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Congratulations Ten Club. Yet again, you show your horrendously bad abilities to deal with international (and Canadian) shipments.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Congratulations Ten Club. Yet again, you show your horrendously bad abilities to deal with international (and Canadian) shipments.
    And of course not address it in any way......real classy
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    nope

bought one at best buy will ship to friend when 10C one comes ...
  • Options
    Cardinal wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Oh well. Such is life. I'm learning what things to depend on 10C for (poster sales, tickets, the forums), and what things not to depend on them for (anything time-sensitive, or that involves overinflated 'international' shipping). What they're good at - they're great at. What they're lacking is proper customer support that can sincerely convey that they give two craps and are not, in fact, robots, as well as a good shipping method/timeframe to follow to expedite International/Canadian shipping.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Cardinal wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Oh well. Such is life. I'm learning what things to depend on 10C for (poster sales, tickets, the forums), and what things not to depend on them for (anything time-sensitive, or that involves overinflated 'international' shipping). What they're good at - they're great at. What they're lacking is proper customer support that can sincerely convey that they give two craps and are not, in fact, robots, as well as a good shipping method/timeframe to follow to expedite International/Canadian shipping.
    this post is spot on.....Im frustrutated....but I still love those robots.
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    The thing that is weird, and it's totally insanely weird, is that we live just above the USA. Across the border. For a charge of $7.50 for shipping one CD; it shouldn't take no more then 2 weeks, tops, to get that received up North; if it's shipped by airmail & at that cost. My only guess, it's shipped all by ground mail. Yes, you fill out custom forms, have to drop it off to the post office. But if you add that blue airmail sticker & check gift on the green custom form; it won't take this long at all. For USA customers, they get tracking number's right? Or what I've heard on bigger orders. We don't. I'll tell you, for year's waiting by the doorstep for 10club goodies, I've wonder. Why can't I work for 10club, and take care of their international shipping department? I would love to do it. I'll work during the day & night work for free @ 10club base and get all these international packages ready. It's sad to see fan's up north, just a few mile's away, have to wait 6-8 weeks, when it's just a few minutes away down South. Sorry for the rant, but these long, pain in the butt waitings, don't make any sense. I've been b+p'ing, trading, freebing for many, many year's. And it doesn't take this long to ship out, one item to my brother's in the south or friends across the Atlantic.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    The thing that is weird, and it's totally insanely weird, is that we live just above the USA. Across the border. For a charge of $7.50 for shipping one CD; it shouldn't take no more then 2 weeks, tops, to get that received up North; if it's shipped by airmail & at that cost. My only guess, it's shipped all by ground mail. Yes, you fill out custom forms, have to drop it off to the post office. But if you add that blue airmail sticker & check gift on the green custom form; it won't take this long at all. For USA customers, they get tracking number's right? Or what I've heard on bigger orders. We don't. I'll tell you, for year's waiting by the doorstep for 10club goodies, I've wonder. Why can't I work for 10club, and take care of their international shipping department? I would love to do it. I'll work during the day & night work for free @ 10club base and get all these international packages ready. It's sad to see fan's up north, just a few mile's away, have to wait 6-8 weeks, when it's just a few minutes away down South. Sorry for the rant, but these long, pain in the butt waitings, don't make any sense. I've been b+p'ing, trading, freebing for many, many year's. And it doesn't take this long to ship out, one item to my brother's in the south or friends across the Atlantic.
    I second the motion....

D would do an execellent job...hell he already does....VIVA D!
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    What kind of response do you guys get from 10c when you email them? I usually find them to be quite curt in their emails, as though emailing them is an imposition. For example, I have yet to receive the courtesy of a 'Dear X' at the start of the email. A very small point I know, but I do appreciate basic manners.

More importantly, for this release 10c gave incorrect information in response to a query regarding the content of the various Backspacer CD releases. I find that ridiculous.

I ended up cancelling my vinyl order, as they had yet to email me a shipping confirmation by last Friday, at which point the vinyl had been on sale around the corner from me for a week. I did find that they cancelled the order no problem.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    demetrios wrote:
    This would only be a rant if it included mainly capitol letters, weren't well-written, and used fabricated or non-existent proof. I agree, D.
    Part of the issue, I believe, is pre-shipping. On the vinyl e-mail Canadians/International Orders received, it stated that they're using a service called DHL Globalmail. I read up on that a bit, and noticed that something Globalmail does is takes care of shipping bulk orders internationally - including dealing with the proper postage, organizing what gets shipped where - you know.. the stuff we assume Ten Club does which makes their delays slightly more legitimate. Whether Globalmail does the organization and takes too long, Ten Club takes too long to get the parcels to Globalmail, or Ten Club aren't able to keep up and organize/sort themselves, things are not being received when they ought to be. As far as I'm concerned, the Ten Club blatantly lied to us in stating they would do their best to have these to us by the release date... hell, they even messed up on the US vinyl shipments.
    Here's what it boils down to... three points that,really, equate to all us internationals/Canucks being deceived:
    1. The service the Ten Club uses for shipping products states a 4-8 week wait before the product arrives.
    2. The Ten Club stated they would do their best to have these products to us by the release date.
    3. The Ten Club shipped the Backspacer vinyls POST release date.
    Post edited by benjs on

EV
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I pre-ordered Backspacer from the 10c and I still have not received it...I don't mind because I had the leaked version of the album 2 weeks before the release...it all evens out.
  • Options
    TuningOutTuningOut Posts: 12
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by TuningOut on
  • Options
    Did my daily check of the mail......................................

And nothing
    Go Cards Go!
  • Options
    TuningOut wrote:
    I haven't received mine either. I should have known better then to pre-order from 10C, especially after my experience with S/T. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt after seeing the announcement and that they'd do their best to get it to us in time. Silly me. I wish I could cancel my order so I could justify buying another copy.
    +1. One would think that the band's official merchandise store would either attempt to get their act together, or not attempt the feat. The least they could've done, with a notice like that, was provided free-of-charge digital downloads of the album.

EV
  • Options
    no CD yet for me either.

I could not wait and had to buy it on itunes.

Lesson learned.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Is it to late to cancel or send it back? Has anyone emailed them regarding this?
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    AT218712 wrote:
    Is it to late to cancel or send it back? Has anyone emailed them regarding this?
    I've already received my shipping confirmation - so I assume it is too late for those of us in Canada.

EV
  • Options
    Nothing in Oakville either. Hell, I'm still waiting for my Chicago N2 pre-sale poster, so I'm not expecting Backspacer for a while yet. Thankfully I ripped a co-workers CD onto my iTunes to tide me over. I would like to spend some time with the artwork though...
  • Options
    Anyone have it today?
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    AT218712 wrote:
    Anyone have it today?

Hasn't shown up in Guelph yet, total fucking bullshit!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    nothin here in windsor
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    nothing here in ottawa and nothing in toronto at my wife's either...i sent an email to 10c asking for a tracking number and they said canadian orders don't get tracking numbers...does this mean they just licked a stamp, stuck it on the cds, and dropped them in a mail box, if so why am i paying through the nose for s+h???...seriously, they didn't use a reputable delivery service like fedex or ups or dhl, yay!, can't wait for my special edition of backspacer to arrive all dinged up and damaged in the mail box...i got my SDE of ten from 10c through ups a few days before the release date and that worked out ok with me, why did they change the way they do things...the email i got from 10c said they shipped my cd on sept 16, but since there is no tracking number there is no way to tell where it is or even if it was ever delivered, so i'm just going to email 10c again, tell them it's not here yet so it must be lost in the mail, and to please send me another copy...i just don't get it, i mean i thought any package that was mailed that is not a letter received a tracking number, the inner workings of the ten club shipping dept boggle my mind.
  • Options
    I'm in Ottawa, and I don't have on either. Should have known better after avocado - I ended up buying a second one that time. Shame on me for getting fooled twice I guess. This is the last time I pre-order something from Ten Club - won't get fooled again.

I still haven't heard the album because I don't want to buy a second one, and I want to wait for the real album to fully enjoy it. It's starting to feel like I'm not a real fan - will probably end up being two weeks after the release when I finally get to hear it.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    very glad to have ordered a copy of the Backspacer LP from my favorite record store here in Toronto before leaving town for the Seattle shows. support your local indie music store if possible, folks,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I pre-ordered mine through Easystreet records and received it in the mail last Friday 25th (in Niagara Falls, on). Been spinning it ever since.
    05/02/03 Buffalo, 06/28/03 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto, 05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto
    Keep On Rockin In The Free World
    http://spaces.msn.com/brileys
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I pre-ordered mine through Easystreet records and received it in the mail last Friday 25th (in Niagara Falls, on). Been spinning it ever since.
    Hehe -- did the same thing and got the vinyl and cd in Thunder Bay on the 23rd. I would have bought it from 10C (even knowing that it take them 6 weeks to ship things here) but the $23 shipping for a cd and album sent me to Easy Street. Not combining shipping for someone who wanted to order a cd and record was probably the dumbest thing that I've seen 10C pull -- unless they prefer not to ship to Canada -- then it was pretty smart.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Zellers for Backspacer CD day of...
    Ordered Toronto Boot last week, already have it.....
    Ordered Backspacer Vinyl as soon as pre-orders were available...which was I don't even know how long ago now.......and nothing yet!!!!

At least I've got the cd, and the boot now which are both rocking my face off daily!!
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Ottawa, here . . .

and still no CD . . .. as of right now. Maybe in my mail this afternoon when I check?

Yeah, I ordered a shirt from the 10C website in the Spring and it only took a week or so . . . not sure why this particular CD is taking longer.

Frustrating? yes. But I am being patient too . . . but I agree that it feels weird to hear all these reviews etc. and I have yet to hear songs other than Supersonic, Got Some and The Fixer.....
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    I've got mine..... Encore Records in Kitchener has the vinyl :) and its NICE!!