Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    It is so frustrating when my body shuts down but my mind doesn't.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    My CT.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

My CT.

Praying all goes well with the CT.
  • Options

My CT.

Good luck hon. I hope it goes well and you get some good news.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503

My CT.

Hope you have good news..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I must seem
    Like a moron to all the common core liberals.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Can't wait on Monday to see this..

https://youtu.be/1MA6yOs_nGU
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Ms. Haiku said:

Tomorrow is a follow-up interview from Friday. Here I go!

I didn't get the job. It was a good fit. I'm sad.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I'm sad for you. :frowning: That sucks.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I must seem
    Like a moron to all the common core liberals.
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

So sad with you for this. But be strong. Everything has a season. This scary season will be over soon. Eyes forward, head up.. we're here right along with you. Soon there will be a great celebration- 10c-wide -foryou, when you find that truly perfect job; you'll see then, why all the others didn't work out. Big :hug:
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    On my mind. What to say what to say

Poetry
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Goddamn, Logan is quite depressing.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I consider him sensitive, quite intelligent, yet SOMETIMES IN YOUR FACE.

Oh...you meant the film.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Ms Haiku, if it's any consolation, I know what you are going through. But it will get better.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Oh...you meant the film.
    I went there too. :lol:
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Some jackass at Qdoba this morning almost left the restaurant but came back to the cashier because he was shorted one whole dollar on his change. Mind you he was driving a nice car and was in no need of $1. Some people just care about stupid things I guess. Gotta make sure to get that small size candy bar money back.
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

Ms Haiku, if it's any consolation, I know what you are going through. But it will get better.

Thanks, bluegrace, and to all for the good thoughts.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    hedonist said:

Oh...you meant the film.
    Veronica Mars fan, I assume?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

Oh...you meant the film.
    Nope! Though I am a fan of the Hamel variety of Veronica.

Was talking about a fellow member / friend.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Oh...you meant the film.
    Nope! Though I am a fan of the Hamel variety of Veronica.

Was talking about a fellow member / friend.
    :)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    I feel fortunate to be obsessed with something so fun (i.e., Pearl Jam). ~ Pap
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    edited March 2017
    So angry on behalf of my wife. She was passed over for the job her supervisor got. The person over her department (that made the hire) assured her that he was going to create a new position for her that would be a teaching/mentor job (she's a nurse) as a way to get into management positions at the hospital. So for the past 6 months she's been working on things that the two supervisors above should have been working on. They got the job created and then gave it to a nurse that doesn't meet the minimum criteria and doesn't even have 1 year of experience in the department. I don't know how they think someone that doesn't really know what they're doing can teach others. It's one thing if the person was qualified, but to be promised the job and have them renege is just infuriating. Needless to say, she's started looking for jobs in other departments at the hospital.
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

This is how I normally look and feel on Mondays but especially today. 3 hours of sleep in 2 nights sucks!
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
  • Options

So angry on behalf of my wife. She was passed over for the job her supervisor got. The person over her department (that made the hire) assured her that he was going to create a new position for her that would be a teaching/mentor job (she's a nurse) as a way to get into management positions at the hospital. So for the past 6 months she's been working on things that the two supervisors above should have been working on. They got the job created and then gave it to a nurse that doesn't meet the minimum criteria and doesn't even have 1 year of experience in the department. I don't know how they think someone that doesn't really know what they're doing can teach others. It's one thing if the person was qualified, but to be promised the job and have them renege is just infuriating. Needless to say, she's started looking for jobs in other departments at the hospital.

Wow. That is totally messed up! I pray your wife finds a position there in the hospital, where she will be appreciated, and her work ethic recognized and rewarded! That was a total BS move on her superior's part.
  • Options

Wow. That is totally messed up! I pray your wife finds a position there in the hospital, where she will be appreciated, and her work ethic recognized and rewarded! That was a total BS move on her superior's part.
    I hope she finds something soon as well. Unfortunately the hospital can delay departmental transfers for up to 6 weeks. There are 3 different hospital systems in the area though, so I'm sure she'll find something.

And as I was typing this, she called on her lunch break and told me that they liked her ideas from the interview and asked her to help the new hire implement them. Talk about adding insult to injury. She told them no and from now on she's just there to do her assigned duties then go home. None of the extra bs she had been doing.
  • Options
    I foresee lots of alcohol for tonight :lol:
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

I foresee lots of alcohol for tonight :lol:

So there's a silver lining!

But sorry to hear what's going on. Someone there had some strings to pull, I think.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    hedonist said:

Oh...you meant the film.
    :blush: and :hug:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

That sucks, markymark550.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    And as I was typing this, she called on her lunch break and told me that they liked her ideas from the interview and asked her to help the new hire implement them. Talk about adding insult to injury. She told them no and from now on she's just there to do her assigned duties then go home. None of the extra bs she had been doing.

That's not good. Good luck to your wife on finding a better job.

Post edited by Ms. Haiku on