Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Apollo died! Sad :(

Richard Hatch, the actor who played Apollo on Battlestar Galactica, died of pancreatic cancer.

I had a huge crush on him in 8th grade.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    My father gonna have a surgery tomorrow..not much serious, but little bit worry..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:

My father gonna have a surgery tomorrow..not much serious, but little bit worry..

It's difficult not to worry. I hope all goes well for him.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

I have an in-person interview tomorrow. Here I go!

I didn't get it. I'm sad.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    hedonist said:

23scidoo said:

It's difficult not to worry. I hope all goes well for him.
    Thanks Hedo..getting ready for hospital..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I have an in-person interview tomorrow. Here I go!

I didn't get it. I'm sad.

Post edited by 23scidoo on
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    The Distance from someone hurts and sucks...
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

I hope your father's surgery went smoothly, 23cidoo.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

23scidoo said:

All went well..thanks Ms.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    23scidoo said:

Ms. Haiku said:

23scidoo said:

Glad to hear it!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Sucks to reach out to people and they blow you off (not in that way). Live and learn!

Great news, 23 :)
  • Options
    deadendp said:

23scidoo said:

Ms. Haiku said:

23scidoo said:

Glad to hear it!
    hedonist said:

Sucks to reach out to people and they blow you off (not in that way). Live and learn!

Great news, 23 :)

Thank you!!..no more garden work this summer for him, but also no more pain..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Only 40 work days left and I feel bad at how happy I am getting to be leaving this job.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Only 40 work days left and I feel bad at how happy I am getting to be leaving this job.

I hope those days fly by.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Α bright spot, next to the river, listening the birds singing..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Watching some new show's premiere.

"Suspension of disbelief" aside, unless something is somewhat sci-fi, I get irritated when basic premises of logic are disregarded.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    deadendp said:

23scidoo said:

Ms. Haiku said:

23scidoo said:

Glad to hear it!
    Great news! :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Meteorites are awesome. Just bought the Pinawa Meteorite.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJKvE3tMIPs

At 4:54-5:00, does Skerik play Come As You Are in sax? :whistle:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    ^ Yes
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    hedonist said:

"Suspension of disbelief" aside, unless something is somewhat sci-fi, I get irritated when basic premises of logic are disregarded.

What were you watching?

Forgot I had company coming to stay for a week. It was a very rude awakening when they arrived at the door having taken a bus to the house. Whoops!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

hedonist said:

What were you watching?

Forgot I had company coming to stay for a week. It was a very rude awakening when they arrived at the door having taken a bus to the house. Whoops!

I'm so sorry for laughing at that. That in itself sounds like a sitcom outline =)

I checked out Imposters. Held my interest in concept but I tend to overthink sometimes when things don't make sense (on the writing, production, and editing fronts).
  • Options
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

What were you watching?

I'm so sorry for laughing at that. That in itself sounds like a sitcom outline =)

I checked out Imposters. Held my interest in concept but I tend to overthink sometimes when things don't make sense (on the writing, production, and editing fronts).
    It was funny. Sadly, I was up till 4am watching American Gangster and then took a muscle relaxant as my back was still spasming, so I didn't roll out of bed till 2:30 this afternoon...when the doorbell rang. Spent the rest of the afternoon frantically cleaning while the hubby took the dog and the guest out. My back is not happy.

• Options
    Just finished watching the Legion premiere. Trippy mindf**k.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    alaska
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

alaska

They need to play in Alaska. That'd be a crazy show.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

alaska

They need to play in Alaska. That'd be a crazy show.
    Depends on where in Alaska the show was ,and WHEN-most importantly-. There's only one guy in the band even CLOSE to being used to the temps that hit 90% of Alaska, half of the year. That cuts out aTON of options. And even then 80% of the region lives in poverty levels comparable to some 3rd world countries, and out in the tundra, which is a vast majority of the state itself. 75 % of which has NO running water other than ground source, outhouses, and people either use snowmobiles, four-wheelers or dog sled as modes of travel. Doesn't leave them much to work with. Also, just like Hawaii, Alaska has a very high up cost on everything.. still haven't figured that one out, as Alaska is ATTACHED to the the greater mass of the US. ( ??) Maybe it just isn't worth it? But I ageee, it would be an amazing show; just honestly I don't they could handle it, unless they hit Anchorage in the peak of Summer; height of tourist season, and also the upswing in cost.
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    That last sentence didn't read too clearly. Peak of summer is also the
    peak of the upcost. I Have seen that state break people. People think they're tough, til they try to live out there. It really is a make or die sorta place. As for entertainment, I have never researched venues there. And I imagine only their [Alaska's] four major cities along the Sun belt have venues? ( could totally be wrong..), seeing how those would be the most likely candidates as they are the most populated areas. Anyhow.. correct me if I'm wrong, but stands to reason that trying to play a show there is a bit more work than most want to put up with? Do many other artists play Alaska? (serious question there)
  • Options
    Very windy in DC. Oooooowheeeee!