Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    24 hours!?
    =)

My mom still assumes I have my phone glued to me like everyone else, and leaves worried messages when I don't pick up.

I love her, but...I'll see what I need to when it happens.

Que ser-fucking-a!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    FrankieG said:

SD48277 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

FrankieG said:

14 days until I will be waking up in camp at bonnaroo!
    But I can't wait for this memorial day weekend, gonna be great to get away for 4 days

I had a blast in 2008. Can't go back there tho....too freakin hot and humid for my taste! Hope someone will be Persiscoping!!!

Have fun and Bonnarooooooooo!!!!!
    Sprunkn7, thank you for reminding me about Periscope for the upcoming shows/festivals...I was having show withdrawal. Now I am all smiles thinking about Periscoping the shows. :smiley:

Frankie, have a fantastic time at Bonnaroo!!
    I doubt you will be able to find a good stream for bonnaroo, so dont get your hopes up too high. Middle of a farm without power or wifi, clogged cell networks, and an overall vibe that you shouldn't be using a phone at a concert. It's gonna be great!
    Ah, well. Hope you guys as great of a show as we did. Watching in that field with my best friends was one of the best nights of my life!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    hedonist said:

24 hours!?
    =)

My mom still assumes I have my phone glued to me like everyone else, and leaves worried messages when I don't pick up.

Que ser-fucking-a!

Haha! My mom is the same thing! She'll leave a voicemail message saying shit like "well i don't know why you're not answering your phone, but i'll call back soon." Followed by two or three more calls and voicemails within just a few hours, all getting progressively more worried, capped off with comments like "well hopefully you're still alive." Like omg, stop! She doesn't even turn her cell phone on, yet she expects me to be 100% glued to mine at all times - it's fairly annoying! I've found the same with some friends and texting. If I don't reply to a text same day they start texting "are you okay?!?!?" :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

hedonist said:

24 hours!?
    =)

Que ser-fucking-a!

Haha! My mom is the same thing! She'll leave a voicemail message saying shit like "well i don't know why you're not answering your phone, but i'll call back soon." Followed by two or three more calls and voicemails within just a few hours, all getting progressively more worried, capped off with comments like "well hopefully you're still alive." Like omg, stop! She doesn't even turn her cell phone on, yet she expects me to be 100% glued to mine at all times - it's fairly annoying! I've found the same with some friends and texting. If I don't reply to a text same day they start texting "are you okay?!?!?" :lol:
    I had three days of bliss when she got a new Samsung and couldn't figure out all the bells and whistles. Ended up trading it in for her old phone and now she's back in business :cry:

Moms - needlessly over-worrying as of Day One (possibly even before that).
  • Options
    My mom just ordered a fully loaded Crosstrek Hybrid. At 80 it's her second new car. She said once it comes in she needs me to help her pick out a smartphone so she can use the bluetooth while driving. The woman NEVER has her phone on! She makes a call and tells you she's at the store asking do you want ____ call me back. You call back in 3 minutes and the phone is already off! This outta be fun......
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    They told me to be here at 10:30, drink a bunch of water and hold it. They still aren't ready for me and I have to pee...really really bad.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

They told me to be here at 10:30, drink a bunch of water and hold it. They still aren't ready for me and I have to pee...really really bad.

Thats just wrong!
  • Options
    pfft
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,502
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Staring to wonder if I should second market Fenway night one tickets...I reallllly don't want to!
  • Options
    Baffled how the Make A Sentence Out Of A 5 Letter Word thread was closed.
    Can't possibly imagine why.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Somebody must have flagged it...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    RKCNDY said:

Really?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Enkidu said:

RKCNDY said:

Really?
    There are thoughts.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I think I shall procure a punching bag at some point soon, and tape various faces/images to it.
  • Options
    A 192 page, 6 year old thread that was enjoyed by many gets closed because of a few.
  • Options

A 192 page, 6 year old thread that was enjoyed by many gets closed because of a few.

Oh please. Pretty sure it was rolling along just fine, all of those pages! - until...? I can't imagine what triggered such horror or offense, considering some of the other shit that gets shat around here.

Cool - albeit a bit odd - if you want to keep focusing on that, though.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    My mom's birthday! :joy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:

Best wishes Pap..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Threads in an all ages forum that have f%ck in the title don't get closed. :i_dunno:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Pap said:

Best wishes Pap..
    Thank you man!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    I have a long to do list. shit.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Pap said:

Happy Birthday to your mom!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ^ Thank you! :hug:
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    That dream last night :smile::smirk:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Be careful...your schadenfreude is showing.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:

Oh please. Pretty sure it was rolling along just fine, all of those pages! - until...? I can't imagine what triggered such horror or offense, considering some of the other shit that gets shat around here.

Cool - albeit a bit odd - if you want to keep focusing on that, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Some people are true friends..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    RKCNDY said:

Doctor fun?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird