what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    maybe too much red wine....couldnt resist its a way
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    my unpaid bills..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    must go and keeping busy..
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    How does this season go so fast???
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    1st page warning thread
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Counting down the hours til the Christmas party/the weekend/christmas vacation. :)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited December 2014
    I really miss the "quote function" why can't I do it?, anyway that Seinfeld clip was great fun :smiley:
    RKCNDY; That sounds really nice, sending Christmas cards really is a great tradition.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    Going to get back into volunteering. I miss it.. It just makes you feel better, and gets you out of the misery of one's own life.. At least it does that for me!

Good for you! :smiley:
    ldent42 wrote: »
    Who wears socks inside?

Me. :smile:

I don't know about you guys, but I have already received two Christmas cards and I think sending out cards is a very nice gesture. I find them really romantic, plus they remind me of good old times. :wink:

The department's Christmas meal / party yesterday was really great! :smiley:

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    ..I always get stupidly emotional at these elementary school band concerts. On the one hand, they are so cute up there all dressed up sitting in rows in front of the conductor. Having rehearsed for weeks, all they can think about is searching the audience to make eye contact with mom and dad. My own stomach starts to flutter with excitement and nervousness as the conductor raises the baton. Then there they are. Those first few squawky notes of Jingle Bells. I cringe a little, sit back, relax and play a little game of "name that tune" without peaking at the program.

Once the public school system has made their best effort to spread all of the multicultural-nondenominational-all-inclusive holiday cheer that they could muster we all stand and give an ovation to our little performers. As I try, but most likely fail, to hold at bay those hot tears of love, pride, joy....and relief that it's over until next year!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    ..I always get stupidly emotional at these elementary school band concerts. On the one hand, they are so cute up there all dressed up sitting in rows in front of the conductor. Having rehearsed for weeks, all they can think about is searching the audience to make eye contact with mom and dad. My own stomach starts to flutter with excitement and nervousness as the conductor raises the baton. Then there they are. Those first few squawky notes of Jingle Bells. I cringe a little, sit back, relax and play a little game of "name that tune" without peaking at the program.

Once the public school system has made their best effort to spread all of the multicultural-nondenominational-all-inclusive holiday cheer that they could muster we all stand and give an ovation to our little performers. As I try, but most likely fail, to hold at bay those hot tears of love, pride, joy....and relief that it's over until next year!

Beautiful!!! I felt like I was there too!
  • Options
    Pap wrote: »
    Going to get back into volunteering. I miss it.. It just makes you feel better, and gets you out of the misery of one's own life.. At least it does that for me!

Good for you! :smiley:
    Who wears socks inside?

Me. :smile:

I don't know about you guys, but I have already received two Christmas cards and I think sending out cards is a very nice gesture. I find them really romantic, plus they remind me of good old times. :wink:

The department's Christmas meal / party yesterday was really great! :smiley:

I live Christmad Cards! But I am horrrrrrible at remembering to send them
    Out!! Lol
    Glad your Christmas party went well. :wink:
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    International Migrants Day
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Ben & Jerry's just announced a new limited flavor, Peanut Butter Half Baked: "Chocolate & peanut butter ice creams mixed with peanut butter cookie dough & fudge brownies" Drooling at the sound of that! There goes any hope of losing weight anytime soon!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    This is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong day...I can feel it, it's only 2: 30 right now...blah!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm so close to finishing my cards...but someone is having go2meeting and kicked me out of the craft/computer/guest room.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    cant wait to chat with my mum when she wakes up to find out what she did with my resume, i dont particularly need it but its nice to know where it is...
  • Options
    I'm sooooo exhausted! And another sorta long day at work tomorrow, but I'll be ok. Going to go try or at least pretend to go to sleep.. Been a really weird cycle, this is unusual for me..
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Curling league 2nd half sign ups today :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Today is a good day! Zoo lights with my boyfriend tonight, then dinner at one of our favorite spots for food and drink! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote: »
    Today is a good day! Zoo lights with my boyfriend tonight, then dinner at one of our favorite spots for food and drink! :)

Nice! Enjoy your day!
  • Options
    what a jerk....im watching basketball and someone called for a bomb(probably a joke) and evacute the stadium..15.000 fans
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

Pretty much everyone I know.

Oh wait, you don't live in Canada.

I hate wearing socks, and I'm in Canada! Even on the coldest days... can't stand that feeling of constriction on my feet. I get my socks off the second I get in the door.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

I hate wearing socks, and I'm in Canada! Even on the coldest days... can't stand that feeling of constriction on my feet. I get my socks off the second I get in the door.

Fine. We're evicting you from the country :D . Unless you agree to slippers.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

I agree with PJ Soul, and I live where it really is cold.....if I try to wear socks inside those feet have to be pretty freakin cold and I usually get all agitated until I can get them off.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

I agree with PJ Soul, and I live where it really is cold.....if I try to wear socks inside those feet have to be pretty freakin cold and I usually get all agitated until I can get them off.

I'm intrigued by this sock-phobia, I have nice fluffy socks that I love wearing around the house :) It's gotten a bit chilly here today as well so am planning on wearing my football socks tomorrow :P
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    My friend just got a shit storm dumped on her....what a bummer.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I'm not even ON FB anymore, and the jackasses in the 10c groups over there STILL manage to fucking piss me off!!! Hate that place...now I gotta try to get in a better mood.. I should be sleeping right now.. How is it that people can affect me so from over the INTERNET? I know, cause I allow them to.. Anyhow, off to change my shitty mood.. Try to get some sleep before I have to get up for work.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    jennycoyle wrote: »
    I can't feel my toes.
    And I'm wearing socks.
    IN my apartment.

Seriously.

Who wears socks inside?

I'm intrigued by this sock-phobia, I have nice fluffy socks that I love wearing around the house :) It's gotten a bit chilly here today as well so am planning on wearing my football socks tomorrow :P

Ugh.. *hate* socks. It's like wearing mittens on my feet. I wear slippers around the house-the slip on kind without a back mind you-only because we don't have carpet and the 1960s linoleum kitchen floor is gross. But if I'm walking around in the living room on the bamboo laminate, no slippers...bare feet all the way.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    miami,17th april
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    if i want to go to the post office today or monday
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA