Options

To all the haters out there...

QuestionAuthorityQuestionAuthority Idaho Posts: 327
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Ok.. maybe Backspacer is not everything you wanted or expected. Every song this band puts out will not be beloved by all.. hell.. I never have liked Bugs and probably never will.

But as a fan for over 16 years and having been there through every new release I would like to say to all you that are non-stop bitching about this release.. their commercial.. basically everything.. quite frankly it amazes me why some of you are fans to begin with since it seems that everything they do deserves your criticism, but that is a whole other post..

How about try appreciating that THIS BAND IS STILL GIVING US NEW MUSIC! They are offering these songs to us to enjoy.. the band obviously think it meets their standards..

So to all you haters JUST BREATHE!!!

THANK YOU PEARL JAM FOR BACKSPACER! IT KICKS ASS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    are you kidding me?

there are officialy ten times more threads like this than threads actually criticizing the album.
  • Options
    I hate threads like this. The Backspacer lovers are way more annoying than the Backspacer "haters"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I hate threads like this. The Backspacer lovers are way more annoying than the Backspacer "haters"
    I'd say their even just because those two groups can't respect each other's opinions.

I like the album a lot, but I'm not going to blast someone who doesn't and insult them. On the other hand, I would expect people not to jump on me when I say that I never want to hear Even Flow/Better Man/Daughter/Jeremy in concert again :)
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    How about try appreciating that THIS BAND IS STILL GIVING US NEW MUSIC!

Yup!

...but I don't begrudge people for communicating their feelings about songs. That's what The Porch is all about, isn't it?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    I like the album a lot, but I'm not going to blast someone who doesn't and insult them. On the other hand, I would expect people not to jump on me when I say that I never want to hear Even Flow/Better Man/Daughter/Jeremy in concert again :)
    Hater!
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:

so........have i told you how much i LOVE BACKSPACER?!!! :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    Hater!
    You're just jealous of something I'm unaware of!
  • Options
    Freedom of speech is all fun and games until someone disagrees with you...
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    heh i've never heard of a fanbase with a bigger persecution complex :D:D .

LETS ALL GO BURN DOWN THAT DUDE'S HOUSE THAT WORKS FOR PITCHFORK!!
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    I'd say their even just because those two groups can't respect each other's opinions.

See I don't like Backspacer but I go about it civilly. I say things like "Backspacer is okay but it sort of bores me and I can't get through the entire album." The BS lovers don't respond to things like that. They wait for someone to say "Backspacer sucks" so they can flame away with their usual arsenal: ("You want them to remake TEN?" or "Just be grateful Pearl Jam is still making music).
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    See I don't like Backspacer but I go about it civilly. I say things like "Backspacer is okay but it sort of bores me and I can't get through the entire album." The BS lovers don't respond to things like that. They wait for someone to say "Backspacer sucks" so they can flame away with their usual arsenal: ("You want them to remake TEN?" or "Just be grateful Pearl Jam is still making music).
    You might go about it civilly, but I've seen a bunch of people who reply to everyone who likes it with 'ed's voice is done' or 'worst album' or whatever they want to go on about.

I mean... there's no album that I absolutely love EVERY song on which I suppose is why I have a hard time picking a favorite album. I even have a hard time bashing Riot Act because there are a few songs on there I always like to hear. I don't know why people are so crazy emotional on both sides about the album.
  • Options

:lol::lol::lol:

so........have i told you how much i LOVE BACKSPACER?!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Loving Backspacer isn't annoying. It's starting threads titled "to all the haters...." or the one from last night that was titled "Mods, shut down the board." That's what is annoying about the Backspacer lovers. If someone wants to start a "Backspacer rules" thread.....more power to them.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    You might go about it civilly, but I've seen a bunch of people who reply to everyone who likes it with 'ed's voice is done' or 'worst album' or whatever they want to go on about.

I mean... there's no album that I absolutely love EVERY song on which I suppose is why I have a hard time picking a favorite album. I even have a hard time bashing Riot Act because there are a few songs on there I always like to hear. I don't know why people are so crazy emotional on both sides about the album.

See it's tough for me to really judge everyone's emotions (both negative and positive) about Backspacer because I'm so indifferent to it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Let's see.. since I come here maybe every other day.. sometimes daily just to check if there is anything going on.. since Friday/Saturday when the songs were released on my space this has usually been the first few posts on page one..

"Worst album ever"

"Worst singing on an album"

"This song ____ sucks"

"Worst song ever on a cd"

"I am so embarrased to be a Pearl Jam fan"

Blah.. blah.. blah..

oh yeah.. also "Target sucks".. because somehow the band is responsible for all un-informed Target employees. The kid who helped me with my purchase had no clue either.. but that is the way it is sometimes.

And I do not recall insulting anyone.. nor have I jumped on any bandwagon of "Backspacer lovers" ~ just saying to fellow Pearl Jam fans to simply chill.. kick back and TRY to enjoy the release this band has given to us.

But then again SOME people cannot seem to say anything positive about ANYTHING.. why should this be any different?

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Let's see.. since I come here maybe every other day.. sometimes daily just to check if there is anything going on.. since Friday/Saturday when the songs were released on my space this has usually been the first few posts on page one..

"Worst album ever"

"This song ____ sucks"

Blah.. blah.. blah..

oh yeah.. also "Target sucks".. because somehow the band is responsible for all un-informed Target employees. The kid who helped me with my purchase had no clue either.. but that is the way it is sometimes.

And I do not recall insulting anyone.. nor have I jumped on any bandwagon of "Backspacer lovers" ~ just saying to fellow Pearl Jam fans to simply chill.. kick back and TRY to enjoy the release this band has given to us.

But then again SOME people cannot seem to say anything positive about ANYTHING.. why should this be any different?

have i mentioned how much johnny guitar and the end dont do it for me?? speed of sound kinda bores me too. other than that im liking what im hearing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Johnny Guitar does not do it for me either.. but I actually think Speed of Sound is amazing.

It is great you like the others ~ ROCK ON!

• Options
    Johnny Guitar does not do it for me either.. but I actually think Speed of Sound is amazing.

It is great you like the others ~ ROCK ON!

yeah it is great cause the fixer really really scared the shit out of me. then i heard just breathe and wept. then i knew it was gonna be alright.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    edited September 2009
    So far this album is playing out like Binaural, No Code, and Riot Act for me, I had to listen to them a few times before I absolutely loved the album. Every song is good in my book, but at first listen I didn’t know what to think because it didn't kick my ass like Ten, VS, Vitalogy, Yield or Avocado at first listen. But at fith/sixth listen, I can see their direction and it sound good it just takes a while to sink in. I wasn’t a fan of No Code at first listen but now it’s my 2nd favourite album, and Backspacer is quickly climbing my ranks.
    Post edited by Oceans 98 on
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    I feel bad for the haters, but hate on. The fact that people hate it confirms that it is good, berry berry gooooood. 8-)
  • Options
    I feel bad for the haters, but hate on. The fact that people hate it confirms that it is good, berry berry gooooood. 8-)

no.. the fact the people hate it means theyve made a decision upon listening to backspacer that umm... they dont like it. imagine that.

really with logic like yours you should be running the world. :?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i've got no problem with someone not liking backspacer, particularly if they can actually communicate valid reasons why rather than resorting to baseless jabs or stupid comments seemingly meant only to get a reaction. i've seen some really stupid statements made not only about backspacer but others. i'll paraphrase the worst one and save identification to be kind but it went something like "i didn't like it because i thought they were trying too hard to sound like pearl jam". are you fucking kidding me? i'd just like to see more intelligent justifications for why you don't dig it and i can disagree but live with it.
  • Options

no.. the fact the people hate it means theyve made a decision upon listening to backspacer that umm... they dont like it. imagine that.

Something that everyone likes is bad. I hope you don't like this album, it would make it even better.
  • Options

Something that everyone likes is bad. I hope you don't like this album, it would make it even better.

and theres that stellar logic again.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

and theres that stellar logic again.

classic_battle_catvsdog.jpg
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options

"Worst album ever"

"This song ____ sucks"

Blah.. blah.. blah..

off topic but i have to ask. questionauthority where is your
    Pearl jam logo from ?? i would love to get that tattooed. if you can email me or post back, that would be sweet.
    I've never seen it written out like that before....its bad ass.

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I_Am_Mike wrote:
    i've got no problem with someone not liking backspacer, particularly if they can actually communicate valid reasons why.....
    I agree.. but then this also goes for those who just say 'it's a masterpiece/classic'. Same kind of statement - 'the album is rubbish/the album is a masterpiece'. Constructive criticism OR critical praise.

Enough of this 'haters' and 'lovers'.