Options

Anyone get their vinyl yet?

zenfuegozenfuego Posts: 6
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I'm in Oregon- no vinyl yet. Have heard rumors that it is going to be delayed- anyone know the truth on this deal or has anyone yet received theirs? Feeling a bit bummed- album comes out today, show is Saturday, would like to have the tunes!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oregon myself. Cant believe we dont have them yet. I have noticed sinced I have lived here that mail delivery is TERRIBLE. My mail guy doesnt even come until 5 or 6.

I really wanted my first listen of the new music to be off the vinyl but if it is not here today I guess I will have to purchase it through amazon or something.... bummed.
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    Texas checking in - no album yet. My order shipped the 16th and I received the CD Saturday the 19th. I'm guessing the album hasn't shipped yet because I've never had any problems with 10C or my post office when it comes to receiving my beloved Pearl Jam stuff.
    I ordered the single, the CD and the album at the same time and the first 2 arrived just like my 10C email predicted. I'm not worried - just impatient.
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    It was posted in another thread last week that Cd's shipped first, Vinyl was to start shipping this wek.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I have yet to recieve an email that anything shipped so now I am really worried. I sent an email to "shipping" yesterday but with no response. It still says on the website under the vinyl order that " they would do their best to get it to us BY the 20th"
    Portland 09
  • Options
    I have not received an email saying that the vinyl has shipped. . . I don't think anyone has. I'm sure it will happen sometime within the next week or so. Until then everyone will have to "suffer" with the cd version :P
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    mh184572 wrote:
    I have not received an email saying that the vinyl has shipped. . . I don't think anyone has. I'm sure it will happen sometime within the next week or so
    Or the next hour or so. :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=111800
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mh184572 wrote:
    I have not received an email saying that the vinyl has shipped. . . I don't think anyone has. I'm sure it will happen sometime within the next week or so. Until then everyone will have to "suffer" with the cd version :P

I really wanted my inaugural listen to be on vinyl not Itunes. And someone mentioned the high shipping, damn right for that kind of money it should have been here BEFORE the cd's for god sake.

I would have just gone to a local music store to pick it up and saved some cash. Oh and I could have played "wheres the orange fuckin record" while i was at it too.
    Portland 09
  • Options
    just got my "your order has been processed" e-mail
  • Options
    Nothing here yet. No email, either, but I ordered a month ago, so perhaps that's when the "order" one came. Man, wild that some of you guys are buying all three formats just to hear it now! That's nuts- but you probably don't have 3 kids, and probably didn't see them at Lollapalooza in 92, so I forgive y'all! 8-) Me, I use my vinyl to burn a cd and convert via MAX to mp3, so I ain't buying abother copy! Hate to do this to PJ, but I DID pay, and a premium at that, so I guess I am off to Limewire. Bummer. Not a hater, though, PJ has treated me well for 17 years! However, I also do this through Jack White's vault service, I mean the vinyl thing, and I got my Dead Weather vinyl BEFORE the stores got it! How can Jack White and Third Man get it right, but a big outfit like PJ and their current company botch it? Oh wait, I guess I answered my own question.

I vote for PJ using Third Man Records to do their vinyl next time! How about Purple, man? Back to the early 90's in the NW! Purple vinyl!
  • Options
    I just got an email saying ten club had sent shipping information to ups and the expected delivery date is 9/30.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Ten Club LLC to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Ten Club LLC directly.
    Important Delivery Information

Scheduled Delivery: 30-September-2009 "
  • Options
    dendron8 wrote:
    I just got an email saying ten club had sent shipping information to ups and the expected delivery date is 9/30.

"This message was sent to you at the request of Ten Club LLC to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Ten Club LLC directly.

yep i just got the same email. Really disappointing seeing as it was ordered as a pre order and it wont be here till 10 days after the release. Not to mention that indie stores have had it in stock the entire time.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    dendron8 wrote:

Same, arriving Sept 29 (in Chicago)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :lol::lol::lol: ..we are in this great program of 4-8 weeks waiting...Merry Christmas!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Got mine in the mail last Friday from Easy Street!!!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    ONE LETTER MAKES A DIFFERENCE....

So am i to believe this is shipping via United Parcel Service (aka UPS & the brown trucks) or the United States Postal Service (aka your mailman?!) They've NEVER shipped via UPS before, so something is flawed in these posts....Even Benny came US_P_S. Ya know, the white 1/2 ton w/ the eagle?

All this bitching & we haven't got most things ON TIME from 10C, but we (Me, anyways...) have ALWAYS...eventually...gotten it. Some people have had issues, but not me. And not most, I'd presume. It's been 3 years, it's 37 minutes long;....man, what's another week?

Doesn't sound to me like Target's doing too good a job stocking the platters...The indies, yeah, but I support them enough already (Bull Moose, you know you love me!!)

I wish peeps would chill. I ain't downloading, I'm not gonna buy a copy to tide me over for 7-10 days or whatever.
    It's gonna show, it'll be unexpected, and it'll be good and fun.
  • Options
    gfrasergfraser Posts: 686
    in canada and got my vinyl from the easy street pre order today! cant believe how fast the shipping is from ES, actually i can lol. if i had ordered from tc, i would probably have another2 weeks to wait. love the tc but man their shipments are slow.
    This post is © by gfraser
  • Options
    dendron8 wrote:

+1
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    jbrownie wrote:

So am i to believe this is shipping via United Parcel Service (aka UPS & the brown trucks) or the United States Postal Service (aka your mailman?!) They've NEVER shipped via UPS before, so something is flawed in these posts....Even Benny came US_P_S. Ya know, the white 1/2 ton w/ the eagle?

All this bitching & we haven't got most things ON TIME from 10C, but we (Me, anyways...) have ALWAYS...eventually...gotten it. Some people have had issues, but not me. And not most, I'd presume. It's been 3 years, it's 37 minutes long;....man, what's another week?

Doesn't sound to me like Target's doing too good a job stocking the platters...The indies, yeah, but I support them enough already (Bull Moose, you know you love me!!)

I wish peeps would chill. I ain't downloading, I'm not gonna buy a copy to tide me over for 7-10 days or whatever.

I dig what you're saying, man, but my show is THIS Saturday, and all I have heard is The frigging Fixer, Got Some, and whatever is on the back of "The Fixer" single. All of which I digitized, but that still leaves me 8 short. So, please don't go judging people who already paid, but would like to hear it before the show. I've got 3 kids and am a Realtor, so I ain't exactly rolling in dough to go buy multiple copies. Be mellow, man. It is pretty pathetic how slow TC is, especially as I provided you a nice comparison with Jack White's Third Man Records services. PJ should be able to do the same. It does not make sense that those of us who pay a premium to be members get it AFTER the general public. I think that is all the folks here are saying. It's simply factual, no need to take it personally. Nobody's hating on the TC, just would like them to institute some changes to make themselves like other similar services that DO work.
  • Options
    zenfuego wrote:
    jbrownie wrote:

I dig what you're saying, man, but my show is THIS Saturday, and all I have heard is The frigging Fixer, Got Some, and whatever is on the back of "The Fixer" single. All of which I digitized, but that still leaves me 8 short. So, please don't go judging people who already paid, but would like to hear it before the show. I've got 3 kids and am a Realtor, so I ain't exactly rolling in dough to go buy multiple copies. Be mellow, man. It is pretty pathetic how slow TC is, especially as I provided you a nice comparison with Jack White's Third Man Records services. PJ should be able to do the same. It does not make sense that those of us who pay a premium to be members get it AFTER the general public. I think that is all the folks here are saying. It's simply factual, no need to take it personally. Nobody's hating on the TC, just would like them to institute some changes to make themselves like other similar services that DO work.

That's a bummer - because you are missing a great album :D

I dont know how often you order vinyl from TC, but if I get BS tomorrow as advertised, it will be the quickest I have ever received my vinyl copy. Seems like they are improving, but clearly if the indie stores have had it since last week, there's room for improvement.
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    In Ohio email says delivery date Oct 1st
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    analogueaddict72analogueaddict72 Posts: 307
    edited September 2009
    I ordered a copy from local indie and have had it for over a week now, although their is no sign of my 10C copy I ordered 2 months or so ago. There also doesn't appear to be any way to cancel the order so 10C have my money but no vinyl.

This really is quite poor on their part to be honest.
    Post edited by analogueaddict72 on
  • Options
    I received my vinyl from the ten club last Friday, September 25th. I live in Massachusetts.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    My vinyl finally turned up this week but I found something interesting, I have had the UK vinyl version since release and was always a little concerned it wasn't what I'd call 180 gram vinyl, owning umpteen of them Backspacer didn't strike me as one but I was just pleased to have it.

On receipt of my 10C version my suspicions were confirmed, it isn't but the 10C version is, beware of the UK version it might be advertised as 180 but it's sure as shit isn't, the 10C is a nice weighty tome in comparison.

I haven't played it yet so I'm not sure if the audio is better but will be giving it a spin tomorrow so I'll see, I bought a copy as I do a bit of DJing for my local indie now and then and also wanted my own for just home play only.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this or is it just me?
  • Options
    Here in Brazil mine arrived a few minutes ago!!!!! post date september 18th... and it arrived today... it´s finally here!!! :D