Options

10C dropped the ball on this one

Glorified_GGlorified_G Posts: 20
edited September 2009 in The Porch
What is the point of buying an album several weeks in advance of its release only to not receive it days after it goes on sale to the general public? If you pay your membership dues, and order merchandise though the fan club not only to support the band, but also 10 Club then they should ensure that at the least you get your merchandise the day the general public gets it.

Sorry had to rant
"How is life treating you? Better yet, how are you treating life?" EV

Birmingham 98
Birmingham 03
Atlanta 03
Columbia 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What is the point of buying an album several weeks in advance of its release only to not receive it days after it goes on sale to the general public? If you pay your membership dues, and order merchandise though the fan club not only to support the band, but also 10 Club then they should ensure that at the least you get your merchandise the day the general public gets it.

Sorry had to rant

I'd just like to point out that once the 10C mails out a package it is out of their hands and up to the USPS to deliver. They could always switch to UPS, which offers full tracking and better guarantees of delivery, but that would come at a heightened cost that would be passed along to us.
  • Options
    SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
    blame the post office, not TC.
    Fighting childhood obesity...
    www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    How about if you live in the US- you can also try and blame the USPS. If they did not deliver it on time, they could shoulder some, if not all, of the blame. If they all shipped priority mail last week from 10c, then it is more the fault of the post office. Outside the US, then sorry, don't know what to say.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I feel your pain of not getting it in time (ours came yesterday), but this isn’t really a 10C issue. They shipped them out in plenty of time to reach the majority of members. Some of us just got unlucky with slow mail delivery. It sucks, but it happens.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options

Sorry had to rant

Sorry to hear that and I understand your frustration. I got mine on Thursday of last week so I was happier than ever with the ten club. I wonder what happened with yours.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Sorry had to rant

not good enough.

I was disappointed as well that I didnt get Backspacer til Monday, but before blaming 10C, check your package for the date sent. mine was sent on 9/16, the same day as my brother's. he got his on Friday, I got mine Monday (we live 10 miles away from each other).

how is that 10C's fault?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I live in Portland. 175 miles from seatlle or even just 1000 from LA. Not sure where these are coming from. Hopefully not China. but have not seen mine yet.

How the heck did people get theirs last week?
    Paramount Theater 94 (my first show)
    Red Rocks 95 (the best venue)
    Fiddlers Green 98 (good 10c seats)
    Albuquerque 00 (good road trip, best 10c seats)
    Pepsi Center 03 (best show)
    Pepsi Center 06 X 2 (still mad about TPHB)
    Portland 09
    Up Next :Telluride x 2 16
  • Options
    I think I am fair in criticizing 10C when I get an e-mail from them today 9/22 informing me that my order has been processed and will ship within one business day. I placed my order the day 10C put them album on pre-sale.

Birmingham 98
    Birmingham 03
    Atlanta 03
    Columbia 08
  • Options
    You can blame the postal service all you want, but the 10c really could get these things out quicker. As we've seen in the past speed is not of the utmost concern to that organization.
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
  • Options
    im pretty sure Glorified is talking about the Vinyle here..not the cd. just be patient (still waiting on the email myself)
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    My problem is they tiered the shipping, but in today's world, flying something across country does not take two extra days.

So people on the West coast got screwed. I still don't have my order.

They should have shipped everything on the same day as they did the East coast. The problem is USPS takes a few days, Ten Club should know this. I do.
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    SkeeterB wrote:

Thats no excuse!

The 10C should anticipate and expect the incompetnce of the USPS, and ship out EARLIER so we recieve on time....

After all, this is a NEW PJ album we are talking about here,....
  • Options
    If they can ship vinyl/cd to Targets and independent record stores, then they can ship to fans. That is all I am saying. And yes my order was for vinyl.

Birmingham 98
    Birmingham 03
    Atlanta 03
    Columbia 08
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    If they can ship vinyl/cd to Targets and independent record stores, then they can ship to fans. That is all I am saying. And yes my order was for vinyl.

+1

I got my vinyl last week!

And it wasnt the pre-order from 10c that i paid for back in July
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    My problem is they tiered the shipping, but in today's world, flying something across country does not take two extra days.

So people on the West coast got screwed. I still don't have my order.

They should have shipped everything on the same day as they did the East coast. The problem is USPS takes a few days, Ten Club should know this. I do.

Got mine yesterday (Tuesday the 22nd). That sucked.

It sits unopened in it's package, cause I went and bought one last Saturday.

Think I'll just leave it alone as a keepsake?

Got two vinyls coming some day as well.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    dude, if you took time to read before you hit the buy button you would have seen it say something to the effect of we'll do our best to get it to you before release date.

rant over.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dude, if you took time to read before you hit the buy button you would have seen it say something to the effect of we'll do our best to get it to you before release date.

rant over.

Yeah. Problem is they didn't do their best.

Their best would have had them shipping it to everyone on say Monday when they shipped all of the East Coast disks.

When you know the USPS takes over a week to deliver, and you then only allow 3 days. Well like I said, they didn't do their best.

That is pretty obvious.
  • Options
    apsuhead42apsuhead42 Clarksville, TN Posts: 73
    Finally got mine yesterdayday. Here was the tracking info ... I wonder what caused the delay?

Delivered, September 22, 2009, 10:29 am, CLARKSVILLE, TN 37043
    Arrival at Post Office, September 22, 2009, 5:29 am, CLARKSVILLE, TN 37040
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 18, 2009
    Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, September 16, 2009, 8:27 pm, AUBURN, WA 98002
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    I'm in Canada and I haven't received the CD yet, let alone the vinyl. As a matter of fact I just received my Toronto poster's that I ordered when they became available. How's that for terrible fucking service?
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,317
    StevieG wrote:
    I'm in Canada and I haven't received the CD yet, let alone the vinyl. As a matter of fact I just received my Toronto poster's that I ordered when they became available. How's that for terrible fucking service?

"Terrible fucking service," or imperfect? It seems to me the vast majority of the thousands of orders arrived early or on time.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    I must have missed where Ten Club said they guarantee we'd have the album prior to the release date. :roll:
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Ryan_WFC wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

"Terrible fucking service," or imperfect? It seems to me the vast majority of the thousands of orders arrived early or on time.

Repeat, terrible fucking service!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Still no poster here (also in T.O.) - I don't blame the 10c as shipping cross boarder is a bit of a nightmare nowadays (especially in tubes that can carry any number of things), but I thought there were methods of pre-clearing customs, etc. Anyhow, my only beef with the way the club handles ordering music as a presale is not making downloads available on the release day for the people that ordered the hard copies. It is a nice touch and makes the wait less painful
  • Options
    I disagree..............I pre-ordered the MOMENT it became available....I was the only dork prowling the GOODS section during one of the ticket pre-sales.and I live 14 hours form Seattle (by car) and got my CD the day before the release date.and, yes, no LP...but I'm cool with it...10C has a HUGE job and they do a pretty damn good job......I do think, however, that they could have considered making the orange FIXER 7"s the fanclub version....it woulda been cooler than the white ones........I like the white ones, too, but it seems the 10C member isn't always given first crack at all the coolest stuff, which seems a bit backward to me......but Hell, I'm just glad to be along for the ride...........bottom line, 10C does a great job overall :)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I just got my UPS confirmation from Ten Club for the vinyl.

"Scheduled Delivery: 30-September-2009"

...seriously?

I don't mind it so much since I got the CD early, but what about those who only ordered the Vinyl, and paid TC directly to help support the band? Wouldn't it be nice to get early access to the vinyl? Or at least access to it by the release date? I mean, shipping it out 3 days after the release date is not too cool. It would be nice if TC said "hey, we were overwhelmed with orders" or something. I'd say we're all pretty understanding, if there was some reasonable explanation.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options

+1000

GREAT point
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    "we'll do our best to get it to you before release date. "

release date - 9/20

i received it - 9/22

sorry 10c you screwed the pooch on this one...you actually believed the usps would actually get it according to times they say they will...normally i couldn't care less when you guys send this and when i get them but the with new album you should have made a more concerted effort to get it to us by 9/19 since as i'm sure you're aware of usps doesn't deliver on sundays

and for a band who champions the use of vinyl, shipping the vinyl 2 days after the release date is really strange
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    norm wrote:

release date - 9/20

i received it - 9/22

sorry 10c you screwed the pooch on this one...you actually believed the usps would actually get it according to times they say they will...normally i couldn't care less when you guys send this and when i get them but the with new album you should have made a more concerted effort to get it to us by 9/19 since as i'm sure you're aware of usps doesn't deliver on sundays

nor on saturdays, except overnight packages. :?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    CJMST3K wrote:
    norm wrote:

release date - 9/20

i received it - 9/22

nor on saturdays, except overnight packages. :?

you don't get mail on saturdays? :?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SkeeterB wrote:
    when they ship something one day before the release day in a place like Europe that needs 4-8 weeks what to blame post office for??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”