Options

opinions are like ass wholes

Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
edited September 2009 in The Porch
everybody has one.

let's knock it off with the "this album is shit" kind of sentiment. it's art, and it may not be your ideal pearl jam record - BUT to others, it may really hit home and be just as moving as any other PJ album. For me, I'm in that latter group. Due to how different it is from their past angst-ridden stuff, I can see why some people are turned off. But that doesn't make it a lesser quality product. Let's just agree on that.

i personally don't know how one can listen to songs like Just Breathe, Force of Nature, Amongst The Waves, Got Some, and Supersonic and think "shit". I can't stop listening.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    everyone may have one, but not everyone knows how to spell it! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,423
    The whole ass?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    The whole ass?
    :lol:
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    and every website has several! i like what you're saying - i've been feeling the same about all the shit-smearing talk on backspacer, but i've learnt over the last few days to get over it. i fucking love this album and who cares if nobody else does? saying that, i love that you do too. let's hang out!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    pukin wrote:

lol
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    who are you to tell us what to say? guess what, this is a public forum. you're absolutely right, people have differing opinions. that's the point. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM. everyone has the right to say what they want to. GET OVER IT. if you don't want to read what people have to say, DONT FUCKING READ IT. pretty simple, i think.
    You may have seen me:
    Cleveland 5/20/2006
    Pittsburgh 6/23/2006
    Columbia 6/16/2008
    Bristow 5/13/2010
  • Options
    who are you to tell us what to say? guess what, this is a public forum. you're absolutely right, people have differing opinions. that's the point. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE ALBUM. everyone has the right to say what they want to. GET OVER IT. if you don't want to read what people have to say, DONT FUCKING READ IT. pretty simple, i think.
    dude - your pills... ;)
  • Options
    pukin wrote:

the thread title was a play on the Supersonic lyrics "cut the crease put the shit in the whole"

thought somebody would catch that.
  • Options
    There are also people out there that think "The Final Cut" is the best Floyd record, or that "Let it Be" is the best Beatles record, or that "Trust" is the best Elvis Costello record. Objectively these people are wrong, just like the people who say that "Binaural," "No Code," or "Riot Act" being the best Pearl Jam album.

The good news is that art is both objective and subjective and while public consensus has and will historically most likely view Backspacer as one of Pearl Jam's finest records (which, subjectively, to me, it is top 3), subjectively, for the individual making the assessment, it may be a steaming log of poo. And that's cool.
    7/27/1992: Lollapalooza, St. Louis; 7/11/1995: Soldier Field, Chicago
    7/2/1998: Riverport, St. Louis; 7/3/1998: Sandstone, KC; 10/9/2000: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago; 10/12/2000 Sandstone, KC; 6/12/2003: Sanstone, KC; 6/13/2003 MAC Center, Omaha
  • Options
    he's just talking to you ass wholes...not us fraction asses.
  • Options
    csickels wrote:
    pukin wrote:

the thread title was a play on the Supersonic lyrics "cut the crease put the shit in the whole"

thought somebody would catch that.

sorry dude! didn't realize!! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    The whole ass?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    oh, ok, nice job! :oops:
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!