Options

It's here! It's finally here!

skippybrewskippybrew Posts: 283
edited September 2009 in The Porch
So, I got home from work at 3am and I thought to myself, "I didn't check the mail before I left for work.. Think I'll just go do that now..." And what do you know? It's my MOTHERFUCKIN pre-ordered BackFUCKINspacer CD!! It's here!! Time to pop that shit in and PISS OFF THE NEIGHBORS!!

Unlike most of the fans out there, I tried to refrain from finding clips and leaks of the album before I actually got it (except The Fixer, of course, and Speed of Sound), so it would truly be a block of brand-spankin-new PJ for me. Kind of like eating only the cereal part of my Lucky Charms, so when I get to the end of the bowl it's like three solid mouthfuls of straight marshmallow. Orgasmically good.

I have to admit I was hesitant at first. I posted something earlier to that effect. But here I am, 7 songs deep (Unthought Known), and so far I'm digging everything I hear. So far my only gripe is that it's too fuckin short. I'm all for a band trimming their albums to cut down on filler and whatnot, but this is Pearl Jam. I simply don't believe they didn't have enough material. Am I to believe that Lost Dogs totally depleted their reserve of peripheral, not-on-any-other-album songs? No! Will we have to wait another 18 years before they reissue this album with the rest of the material from the "Backspacer" sessions (as we did with Ten)?? Christ, I hope not.

And since it's already becoming a diatribe, I'll wax for a while about what I DO like. I like the Chuck Berry-esque opening on Gonna See My Friend. I like Got Some. I like the crazy ass album art and the caricatures of the guys in the back, all connected to the brain in the middle. I especially like the snappy-tooth, metal-headed guy in the suit and the ear rat on the inside cover. I like the lettering that looks like the keys of an old school typewriter. I like the lyrics, "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love,.." and, "Practiced are my sins, never gonna let me win.." from Just Breathe.

Okay, too much writing. I need a fresh drink, and my dog is stuck under the table again and making some funny noises. What do YOU like/dislike about Backspacer?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i do not like the fact that im still waiting for my vinyl! other than that, the album is sooo good. gonna go find me a t-shirt today at target!
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09
  • Options
    I like the V-neck tees. They show off my manly tufts of chest hair. Godspeed, my friend.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,705
    Is your dog free?
  • Options
    Ummm ....so is the release date only for target today? Don't have them up here in the north. Gotta wait til the 22nd?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Is your dog free?

Yeah, he wriggled his way out. He's kind of big and the table is kind of low. It usually takes some sort of treat to convince him that he's not as stuck as he thinks, but this time he did it by himself...
  • Options
    Nuzpaper. wrote:
    Ummm ....so is the release date only for target today? Don't have them up here in the north. Gotta wait til the 22nd?

Don't know. I thought the release date was the 20th, but mine seems to have come on the 19th. I assume "up here in the north" means Canada..? They probably just need time to get all its passport and visa information together... You can drink earlier up there but you have to wait a couple extra days for Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Skippybrew.............Kinda sounds Aussie..............? :|
    I'm still waiting for mine.
  • Options
    Jo wrote:

That's an odd conclusion to draw. I have a teddy bear named Skippy (and I'm secure with that) and I brew beer, hence Skippybrew. I'm not Captain America, but I am from the States.
  • Options
    skippybrew wrote:
    Jo wrote:

That's an odd conclusion to draw. I have a teddy bear named Skippy (and I'm secure with that) and I brew beer, hence Skippybrew. I'm not Captain America, but I am from the States.

:lol: I'm from Aussieland, Skippy is our national hero and we like lots of beer. Sorry, just a thought.
  • Options
    Jo wrote:

:lol: I'm from Aussieland, Skippy is our national hero and we like lots of beer. Sorry, just a thought.

Well, then. Sounds like my kind of place. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    i have a stuffed boston terrier and a stuffed skunk. my real boston terrier tore the piss outta the skunk though (i wasnt comfortable with it at first..but oh well)
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09
  • Options
    Happy Jack wrote:
    i have a stuffed boston terrier and a stuffed skunk. my real boston terrier tore the piss outta the skunk though (i wasnt comfortable with it at first..but oh well)

Nice. I was wondering where that post went. :lol:
  • Options
    speaking of boston terriers..anyone know where you can find the guitar pick shirt with the boston on it?
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
    8/23/09
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Happy Jack wrote:

Nice. I was wondering where that post went. :lol:

I'm glad somebody gets it. Y'all are fuckin weird. ;)
  • Options
    skippybrew wrote:

It's my MOTHERFUCKIN pre-ordered BackFUCKINspacer CD!! It's here!! Time to pop that shit in and PISS OFF THE NEIGHBORS!!

Kind of like eating only the cereal part of my Lucky Charms, so when I get to the end of the bowl it's like three solid mouthfuls of straight marshmallow. Orgasmically good.

BRILLIANT writing! LOL!! I bow to you Skippybrew, and hope you don't mind if I use these in the future on my Facebook page... :)
  • Options
    Happy Jack wrote:
    speaking of boston terriers..anyone know where you can find the guitar pick shirt with the boston on it?

I maybe know the pick. Someone in an earlier post on the porch said they picked up a used one from a show.
    8-) thats all I know.
  • Options

BRILLIANT writing! LOL!! I bow to you Skippybrew, and hope you don't mind if I use these in the future on my Facebook page... :)

:) Glad you like it. I hereby release all copyright and trademark protection. Feel free to quote or keep them as your own. (...the secret is to simply throw in profanities willy nilly.)