Options

i walked into 3 shops including target and..

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited September 2009 in The Porch
they dont even fucking have the album ... um excuse me do you have the new pj album?... "who are they?" ... hang on ill check ... no sorry i can order it in for you? .... um no how bout you go and get fucked...

seriously what is with the world - arent target meant to be exclusive sellers? and they look at me like i have 3 heads????? then i went into a whole bunch of other stores and they're like .. aaa whats it called? ill just have a look ... na sorry...

?????????????? since when did the world stop caring about real fucking bands that put out actual music ... fucking posters everywhere of some sluts and dickheads like beyonce and other fucking over produced pop trash and then when a new pj album comes out no one fucking cares?????? like i want to buy the album but i cant???????? they're all just stupid fucking 16 yr olds who work at these stores anyway ... what was i thinking when i thought that shopping would be a success ?

fuck society.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    valium.jpg
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    its released tomorrow though, not today...
  • Options
    no its not... it was released friday actually ... today is sunday
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    um you expected an intelligent answer from a target employee?
    release date is 9/20
    Sunday
    sealed boxes until then bro

try again tomorrow
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    luke. wrote:

lol
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    umm, yeah, official date is 9/20 for the release
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    luke. wrote:
    If you are in the United States, it will NOT be available for purchase at Target until SUNDAY September 20th. In other words...TOMORROW!!!

If you are outside the United States, then there is no Target deal and it will be available in all stores that sell music on it's release day.
  • Options
    i live in australia... wtf are you laughing at ...

i still stand corrected ... IT IS FUCKING RELEASE DAY!!!!! and no one has it
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    luke. wrote:

If you are in Australia, then yes, today is Sunday and you should be able to go to any music store and buy it because there is no exclusive Target deal in your country. And you are correct, the release day in your country was Friday the 18th. Good luck!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    luke. wrote:

If you are in Australia, then yes, today is Sunday and you should be able to go to any music store and buy it because there is no exclusive Target deal in your country. And you are correct, the release day in your country was Friday the 18th. Good luck!

thanks bud ... cheers
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    fair enough
    it should be somewhere
    unless you live in the sticks
  • Options
    I had that happen here in Canada...I asked the person at the independent record shop that I used to fuckin' support when I was younger (with the hundreds of records I used to by there), and she looked at me all blank, "Who?".

I said that it would be coming out on Sunday and she said that "New albums NEVER come out on a Sunday...We'll have it available on Tuesday when new albums are ALWAYS released..." And yeah, I was trying to get my hands on it a day early, you know, for shits and giggles, but it was a NO GO. They were very stern about it. Not even on the day of official release....I'll get it on Monday in Seattle and support Easy Street. It will probably be $30 here anyway cuz it would be considered an "import"... yeeesh... :roll:
    be philanthropic
  • Options
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    JB HiFi has it....
  • Options
    I talked to my Target today. A clerk in electonics where the music is too. The electronics and music managers weren't in. The album goes on sale tomorrow, presumably at the opening bell. The T shirts will be in the electronics / music dept also, but he doesnt know how many or if they are in various or just one size. Hope this helps
  • Options
    I know-when single came out my Target employees were clueless-Pearl Jam? But hey come tomorrow maybe it'll be to my benefit! Got my 10c already & LOVE IT!!! But will buy tee & may be vinyl. gotta think about who you're dealing w/I guess & make most of it. A least since they are so clueless-leaves more for us to buy! :D & in celebration -got my 1st tatoo! Happy for more PJ & awesome stuff too! :D
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    i bought it at JB Hi Fi on friday! 8-)
    don't know why would bother with target! not exclusive out here, and i guess they are not that worried about having it on the shelf the day it comes out. they came more about selling baby clothes!! :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Falling_down.jpg
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Falling_down.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

i love that movie!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    luke. wrote:
    they dont even fucking have the album ... um excuse me do you have the new pj album?... "who are they?" ... hang on ill check ... no sorry i can order it in for you? .... um no how bout you go and get fucked...

seriously what is with the world - arent target meant to be exclusive sellers? and they look at me like i have 3 heads????? then i went into a whole bunch of other stores and they're like .. aaa whats it called? ill just have a look ... na sorry...

?????????????? since when did the world stop caring about real fucking bands that put out actual music ... fucking posters everywhere of some sluts and dickheads like beyonce and other fucking over produced pop trash and then when a new pj album comes out no one fucking cares?????? like i want to buy the album but i cant???????? they're all just stupid fucking 16 yr olds who work at these stores anyway ... what was i thinking when i thought that shopping would be a success ?

fuck society.

you cannot be serious with this post, can you?

i am now going to bang my head against the wall repeatedy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 529
    I haven't checked with Target, although the list posted on the boards earlier stated that all of our local stores will have the album...The main "indie" (if you can call Gray Whale indie) shop has Pearl Jam front and center in their windows stating that they will be carrying Backspacer on release day. It is easily the largest piece of advertisement in their window at the moment...I was surprised to see it there. :mrgreen:

I have only run into a handful of people that I have gotten into musical discussions with that didn't know who Pearl Jam was...and all of them were from small towns in the middle of nowhere...then again, the only 16 year olds I ever come in contact with happen to be the ones hanging around with my 16 year old sister. They either come from musically enlightened families or we have taken it upon ourselves to "enlighten" them, haha. Just about all of them love PJ. Gives me a glimmer of hope for the future. :lol:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    luke. wrote:

fuck society.

john-mcenroe.jpg
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    i bought it at JB Hi Fi on friday! 8-)
    don't know why would bother with target! not exclusive out here, and i guess they are not that worried about having it on the shelf the day it comes out. they came more about selling baby clothes!! :lol:

So did I! I would never bother with Target in this country to get a copy of an album on day of release. Waste of time.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    norm wrote:
    luke. wrote:

fuck society.

john-mcenroe.jpg

nicely done
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    There is a list of the independent shops that belong to this coalition you can get to from the pj's charities and action page, its a fairly short list. So its possible not all small shops have it, maybe just the ones on the list. Just a guess.

Also my Target has just today received the Tshirts, they are med, large, extra large and run small as this same brand did on the last pj shirt I saw on pj's goods section. So as of now my Target has all the Backspacer products including 12 in vinyl album and 7 in Fixer, reg and Rock Band Backspacer and the tee. Salem Oregon,
    the tee is not on their web site I didnt check it for all the products

I cant get Bacspacer to run on Winamp or Real Player, guess I will go the help site next
    Sandy