Why? Why? Why?

Comments

• Im so disappointed in 10C that they couldn't send the internationals orders alot sooner.

Ripped off by the "Ten" deluxe and now this crap. We get shafted everytime.

Tim, are ye bothered at all that ye are going to lose customers over this kind of decision making?
    God knows when we'll get Backspacer cd, never mind the vinyl.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • anyone else tired of the whining, or is it just me? I live in Canada, and FULLY EXPECT TO GET MINE LATE, LIKE I DID WITH AVOCADO. Get a grip people. Even those of you in the US that didn't get it yet....so what? You will get it soon. "oh no, I'm in the Ten Club, I deserve to get it 4 months earlier than everyone else!". Wah wah wah.

Please remember, that 10C is but a tiny operation that fields a mountainous workload to appease the ever-baby-ish PJ fanbase. some PJ fans expectations of how they should be "treated" is out of this world. We are getting special packaging, and apparently some other extras. When did THAT become not enough for you people?

Jeez Louise. :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • traberatrabera Los Angeles, CA Posts: 127
    Im so disappointed in 10C that they couldn't send the internationals orders alot sooner.

Ripped off by the "Ten" deluxe and now this crap. We get shafted everytime.

Tim, are ye bothered at all that ye are going to lose customers over this kind of decision making?
    God knows when we'll get Backspacer cd, never mind the vinyl.

Yeah you get shafted every time. I am SO sick of the whining here. No one guaranteed you ANYTHING. They said they would do the best they could. The 10C is small and they have to deal with tens of thousands of fans ordering the new album AND dealing with the upcoming tour, which by the way, they are one of the few fan clubs that get you great seats without screwing you with other VIP fees etc.

No matter how hard they try and all the cool things they do, there will ALWAYS be people who feel they deserve more.

I've been in the 10C since '93 and sure there have been things that could have been done better, but usually they are things that were done with the best of intentions without the thought of how things could go wrong.

The 10C is one of the best if not THE best band run fan club around. I'm still happy that they run it like they do and will gladly wait for things in order for them to continue to exist.

If you don't like it, you don't need to buy anything from them and you certainly don't need to renew your membership.

-J
    Ten Club Member #10XXX
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/13/95, 11/4/95, 11/6/95, 11/7/95, 9/21/96, 9/22/96, 9/24/96, 9/26/96, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 10/19/96, 10/20/96, 11/14/97, 11/15/97, 2/20/98, 2/21/98, 7/10/98, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 7/18/06, 10/22/06, 8/28/09, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Thanks for your input. If your tired of my whining, then don't read it. Simple!

Apparently Im not alone in the disappointment in not receiving a copy of Backspacer.
    You're not disappointed. Thats fantastic! Good for you.

They said they had all the backspacer cds packed up so they could of shipped international a week earlier (not 4 months as you bluntly put it).

My main point is people in Europe and the rest of the world are tired of waiting therefore probably won't be buying any preorders again.
    If you can't understand that (cos 10C can't ever be wrong!) well I feel for you.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • I call it constructive criticism.

They might ship the next album a week earlier!
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • I call it constructive criticism.

They might ship the next album a week earlier!

the point we are trying to make is you babies just won't be satisfied until Eddie is in your bathroom taking a shit and then someone from 10C fishes it out for you and frames it so you can put it on your mantle. But then you'll still bitch that there isn't enough corn in it.

Give the 10C a break. You don't even have a clue what you are talking about. Was it their fault? Are they bound by some agreement with the band on when/when not to send it out? Is it the fault of the USPS?

Do you know?? NO, YOU DON'T, AND THAT'S OUR POINT.

And we read these thread because people don't know how to name them properly. Does "why why why" really tell me that this is the 103rd thread bitching about Target/10C tickets/shitty album/no album yet? No, it doesn't. So if you don't want people like us reading this trash, then name the thread properly and we won't have this problem. But that wouldn't be good for you, would it? No, because you whiners want as many people as possible to fall for the subject line and read the thread, when you know damn well if the title was "10C sucks I didn't get my BS yet", we'd all avoid it.

At least we adults would, anyway.

Did I mention I'm a 10C member, and I didn't get my album yet? YEAH, but I'm not going to bitch about it. Because I understand that 10C is not at my beck and call. They are a small little business that do their best to satisfy the PJ Babies.

Go stuff your soother back in.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I like when people mention the ten club "dealing with" us and orders. You seem to forget that this is an item they are making money on (as is the 10 Club). We are customers. Seems like they did a good job at getting most of them delivered early but of course the other people feel shafted. Telling them to stop whining isn't helping things.

Next album release you have to decide if the chance of getting it early worth the risk of getting it late.
  • I think that's the main item that people disagree on. Some believe they are like any other business, out to make money. I personally disagree. This is a service originally conceived by the band as wanting their biggest fans to have to the biggest and best experiences, it wasn't about making money. I don't think PJ needs the 10C in order to put that new wing on the house. I'm sure they could put the kibosh on this whole operation if they deemed too much of a headache. Which is what just might happen if people continue to bitch about NOTHING.

But there must still be enough fans out there (myself included) that appreciate what the 10C does for such a meager sum. $20 for all the niceties that we get? COME ON. The single. Oh yeah, people bitch about it being late. Well the band is BUSY. The Deep magazines. The specials. The tickets. All this for $20. $25 for me.

Look at other clubs. You have to pay U2 something like $50 a year, and what do you get? Backstage access to their website and pretty much nothing else.

If the 10C pisses all these people off so much, don't renew your membership. It's THAT simple.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • oh, and one more thing I'd like to point out. How many of these whiners that post rant after rant on here have actually EMAILED THE 10C PRIVATELY? I'd wager less than 10%. Or they have and haven't waited for a reply. Just flew off the handle like a kid who didn't get a good enough reason from his mommy why he couldn't have that candy bar.

Posting all this BS on the message board isn't helping either. It's not the right way to go about it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I just wanted to add to the complaining...I'm in WI and still have not received my CD either. So hard to not just go and buy it from Target! I was convinced by people on this board to buy from the Ten Club instead and now I'm paying the price for it. Don't think I'll do this next time...
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Same here.... luckily i downloaded the leaked version 2 weeks ago. Still sucks to be waiting though.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Hey, I live in the States and I still haven't gotten my CD! I had one in my hands at Target yesterday but I put it back... that was tough to do. But I just can't justify buying the same album twice. Still I figured it would have come todAY MONDAY for sure! But it didn't.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • the 10C guarantees NOTHING but their best efforts. You cannot ever claim that they have guaranteed you something like this. So you have no right to bitch about it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    It has been a while between albums, and now it is on the shelves at the stores.

Those people that are bitching have a reason to. They haven't got thier hands on any album version because they did not download the leak or are able to afford to buy another copy while they wait.
    Maybe some of them don't have PJ nutty friends that have done the above to share with.

So I'm kind of guessing that those who have told the bitches to stop bitching are the ones' who have some form of copy to satisfy thier hunger.

I agree that 10c is small and for the fans, and they do a great job.
    All we can do is hope the next album shipment will be overhauled thanks to all the constructive critisism.

Have a nice day/night :D

:evil: :evil: :evil: where's MINE?
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Thierry, I can understand where you're coming from. I learned a valuable lesson from the SDE. I made the mistake of allowing my excitement overrule my common sense. Alarm bells should have rung when I saw US customers receiving free shipping, and Euros being charged $50.

I also went with some advice from several people to purchase the 10c cd. This was based on an email from the 10c - that's right, I still have the email - that the European issue would NOT have the downloads. That was blatant misrepresentation, as all copies sold here in Ireland have the free downloads.

So, having pre-ordered the vinyl so as to support the band directly, I later added the 10c cd even though it pained me to do so because 10c refused to bundle the order, so I paid shipping twice.

I bought the 10c cd because I was given wrong information by the 10c. I have also not yet received my cd or vinyl from 10c. If they can state that shipping will take 4-8 weeks for intl orders, my cd should have left Seattle on 21 August at the latest. We'll see by the post mark.

Luckily I persuaded my brother to buy the album and loan it to me.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I said it before and I'll say it again......
    If I don't have my copy by Friday, I'm gunna bawl my fucking eyes out.
    :twisted: and then I'm gunna download it illegally.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Still not here yet either...I knew not to buy the vinyl from 10c 'cos there's 2 or 3 places in Dublin I could get it on release day, but I had hoped the cd would be here by now, rather naively. It'll come when it comes but I won't be making this mistake again either.
  • Wow. I was feeling vaguely guilty that I'd ordered mine from HMV rather than 10C - £5 cheaper and I just had a feeling we'd have to wait ages for intl shipping. Sorry to everyone who's going to be waiting for a looooong time to have the new album :(
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I'm still waiting for my copy from the 10C too. and I'm prepared to wait for a good while. luckily I've still managed to listen to the album in other, LEGAL, ways. (and it rocks! <3 )

for the record, I'm very very happy with everything the TenClub does for us, I really am. the magazine, the Christmas(/Easter) single - it's fantastic!

but still, I do feel like they could've done a better job in delivering the pre-ordered albums in time. from what I've heard and read, they've had the albums ready to be shipped for a while. I can't imagine it being too difficult to ship the international ones before the US ones. I can't be 100% sure of course, and maybe there's a good reason for them not doing that. the wait just gets a bit frustrating!
    pukin wrote:
    oh, and one more thing I'd like to point out. How many of these whiners that post rant after rant on here have actually EMAILED THE 10C PRIVATELY? I'd wager less than 10%. Or they have and haven't waited for a reply. Just flew off the handle like a kid who didn't get a good enough reason from his mommy why he couldn't have that candy bar.

I don't mean any disrespect, but what exactly would it do to email the 10C? could they get the album to you any faster if you kindly asked them?

I'm sure many people haven't emailed them. and I can't blame them. those who have, and have gotten a reply - are they over the moon?
    pukin wrote:
    Posting all this BS on the message board isn't helping either. It's not the right way to go about it.

it doesn't necessarily help but, like said, people are frustrated. and really, is this the bitchiest thread you've read? I think not. there are far worse (and far more ridiculous complaints) out there.

other people bitching about people bitching and telling them to shut up isn't the right way to go about it either. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • I guess I'm not alone in sharing my frustration here.

10C are usually great BUT preorders just suck.
    So I won't even bother comment on people saying "don't bother renewing your membership" etc.
    They do look after their fans with tickets etc but as I said thats not the argument.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Agreed. No question of not keeping my membership, as in many areas 10c is excellent. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    pukin wrote:
    I think that's the main item that people disagree on. Some believe they are like any other business, out to make money. I personally disagree. This is a service originally conceived by the band as wanting their biggest fans to have to the biggest and best experiences, it wasn't about making money. I don't think PJ needs the 10C in order to put that new wing on the house. I'm sure they could put the kibosh on this whole operation if they deemed too much of a headache. Which is what just might happen if people continue to bitch about NOTHING.

But there must still be enough fans out there (myself included) that appreciate what the 10C does for such a meager sum. $20 for all the niceties that we get? COME ON. The single. Oh yeah, people bitch about it being late. Well the band is BUSY. The Deep magazines. The specials. The tickets. All this for $20. $25 for me.

Look at other clubs. You have to pay U2 something like $50 a year, and what do you get? Backstage access to their website and pretty much nothing else.

If the 10C pisses all these people off so much, don't renew your membership. It's THAT simple.

First off I think you've probably got more posts in this thread than anyone else ;)

Secondly, it doesnt really matter what 10C was/was not set up for back in the day, they are NOW a legitimate business that needs to be properly staffed to deal with the services that they have on offer, if they dont have enough staff, well the people in charge have to take a hit and employ more people. DO NOT kid yourself, 10C is there to make money and this has been increasing year on year. There are now more items then ever on sale through 10C (and dont get me wrong, I think its great and I think the band deserve to reap the benefits of their hard work). But simple business practises need to be adhered to and in some cases 10C do not do this.

For instance, with the release of Backspacer, I and others do not want "anything extra", or and "bells and whistles", we just want the cd, which we were, specifically, unable to bundle with our LP order, thus paying much larger shipping costs (which I'll come to a little later ;) ), to have arrived ON TIME. I order many items form the US and NO OTHER company/person that I order from takes as long as 10C. Yes I know this before I order but, like others, I want my money to go directly to the band. It is not selfish or babyish or whatever you want to call it to expect something you preorder to arrive on the date of release. If 10C know it will take between 4-8 weeks (and remember people this leaves a WHOLE month of a window for them!), then simple logic will say that it should be sent out, 4-8 weeks earlier.

Now I genuinely love 10C and all they do for us fans, but that does not mean that people are not allowed to be frustrated and disappointed in the service they receive.

I can live with not having things on time (just about) but what truely galls me about 10C is the shipping pricing policy that they have. 10C have stated to me that they create the shipping cost based on the cost of the item you are ordering :?: :? :o :shock: , come again....so I order a tshirt for $15 (example) and pay $11 shipping (for instance) and then I order a little, tincy zippo lighter for $30 and pay $20 shipping........AND IT TAKES 2 MONTHS TO GET TO ME....WTF?????????
    Now that my friends it absolutely astounding....and no-one on this planet can justify it... :lol:

I have had very positive and very negative experiences with 10C and I will continue to support them and the band but do not come on here and complain about people who have genuine issues with 10C. People are fully in their right to come on here and post such threads, to see if others agree or disagree. You disagree and that is fine, but have a bit of common decency and respect for your fellow PJ fan and treat them as adults (because they are!).

Right back to work. :twisted:
    I need a coffee!
  • I wouldn't say no to a "bell & whislte" with my backspacer! :D

I am a baby afterall.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pukin wrote:
    Did I mention I'm a 10C member, and I didn't get my album yet? YEAH, but I'm not going to bitch about it. Because I understand that 10C is not at my beck and call. They are a small little business that do their best to satisfy the PJ Babies.

keyword being 'business'

you've never complained about anything customer service related in your life then have you? A meal being cold upon arrival? Slow service at a bakery?

10club is a business... i buy things from it... ergo i expect a delivery of the product i have been charged for.

simple to understand that concept.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I wouldn't say no to a "bell & whislte" with my backspacer! :D

I am a baby afterall.

you just have to go and ruin every bloody arguement dont ya :lol:
    dunkman wrote:
    pukin wrote:

keyword being 'business'

you've never complained about anything customer service related in your life then have you? A meal being cold upon arrival? Slow service at a bakery?

10club is a business... i buy things from it... ergo i expect a delivery of the product i have been charged for.

simple to understand that concept.

*wonders why dunk focused on food stuffs* ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • My CD is currently stuffed down the Speedo's of some dude, who is, as we speak swimming his way across the Atlantic.
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i pre-order the album and generally all the stuff around pearl jam from 10c only couse i want to support the band and all my money go there..i know the shit they make with the shipping, its more expensive plus u pay the membership..its my choice,,that doesnt mean i will not complain,,couse as long they see me as a customer and not as a fan only ill be the fuckin bug that make as much noise i can.and im a big bug by the way.. :lol: .its an easy thought 10c have to make,:
    1.our members and fans that are follow us and lishen the music and pay membership has to get a credit for that...so..all must take the album before public..its so easy that...like tickets..u order before the others,,,u get early entrance and stuff..why the fuck they cant do it with cd that?
    we need just the respect we must have as customers...as fans we fuckin love u no matter what the hell u charge me for shipping in Greece or need 4-8 weeks to arrive the fuckin cd..that u make me download it illegally from internet couse my cd will arrive in THE END of Octomber...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I have enough in my life I can't control- I'm not good at waiting so I knew, just in case, to plan on going to Target Sunday am for our two
    I do trust 10C though and think they do a great job- they don't have to do as much for the fans as they do for sure.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hey Wayne..send him to my house..rrraaar!

Al, you're 1000% correct, it is beyond silly the postage costs and waiting times, i ordered the white EV zippo only to have it arrive a not unreasonable 3 weeks later from New Zealand which is where they seem to be dispatching internatioal orders now. Could that explain the postage costs & shipping time? perhaps, but they should say so.

The backspacer wait is a joke. It should have arrived internationally last week. They seem to have forgotten Pj have more fans outside the US than in it and surely this wait only encourages illegal downloading of the album no?

and Pukin, as Neil Young says 'these folks don't don't show any respect, they aint getting none of mine'. Pull your horns in and stop being so abusive. He's paid for access to this site and can make any complaint he wants about the service. I for one agree with him, as do the majority of Pj fans who also happen to be outside the States and are still waiting on Backspacer.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Hey Wayne..send him to my house..rrraaar!

Al, you're 1000% correct, it is beyond silly the postage costs and waiting times, i ordered the white EV zippo only to have it arrive a not unreasonable 3 weeks later from New Zealand which is where they seem to be dispatching internatioal orders now. Could that explain the postage costs & shipping time? perhaps, but they should say so.

I think the postage was the same when they shipped via sweden, why the change to NZ now (prays its not because its cheaper but knows it probably is :oops: )? Whats gas is that when it was being shipped via Sweden, it probably stopped off not far from our gaffs before heading onwards to sweden only to be flown back :lol:

Oh and keep you mits of that poor dude, the last thing the poor fecker needs after swimming the atlantic is for you to hop on him and rummage in his speedos for someone elses backspacer :lol: (does that last part just sound a bit odd to anyone else :shock: :lol: )
    I need a coffee!