Options

Sowing the politcal seeds

matt776x2matt776x2 Posts: 42
edited January 2008 in The Porch
Disclaimer:
This is copy of another post I made in another great community of minds. http://www.triggerstreet.com
As is here I wish not to abuse and anyone visiting triggerstreet please reserve any codes, rights, laws and human decency that may apply to this anarchy we call the Internet. I just want to remind people in the USA it's officially time to stand up again. OK some persuasive ideas, but do what you think is best and be nice.

Here we are 2008 and another Presidential election. We look up to see the next great leader of the free world from our microscopic perspectives. The polarization as strong as it was four years ago and the potentials equally flaccid. If you want to argue the point you just are making that point.

Americans
Here's what we can do. Go vote for the person we believe will best represent our ideals. If you lose be a good sport even if it comes with a dry gut heaving wrench and foul words. Then sleep on it and lets try to figure out the best way to compromise. Because that's what we are missing that great compromise and enduring of one another. We've all had good and bad neighbors.

Everyone else
Trust us. We are the leader of the free world and you can continue to look upon us for inspiration. Yeah ok we have our crack pots, but let the entire body of thought continue. There will always be lawful freedom in this chaotic confusion.

Then again
There's always anarchy, civil war, revolution and other self defeating aggressions that contain violence, which in the end will not solve the problem, but aggravate it for more generations to come.

Myself
Proud to be an American. Wish somethings would change, but know that somethings don't work for everyone. I know tonight I will listen to Eddie Veddar hmmm and mumble over a guitar and no one will stop me from enjoying that. I know I have lost people I consider Brothers and Sisters to a great conspiracy and lies. I know that my Decider in Chief fuck it up for my son and my grandchildren. Your children too no matter where you are from, for which I truly apologize. It's an ancient war and we have the wrong man on the seat to deal with it. (I think I have a piece of lint in my pocket that could have dealt with it better) But it goes both ways Osama Bin Laden isn't Mohammed's prophet either.

Great Conspiracy
Lets rule the world

Lint

Great Conspiracy
Iraq would be a perfect place to establish Democracy in the Middle East. We have the opportunity lets cease it.

Lint

Great Conspiracy
Ok so our plan isn't working out so well. What do you think? Should we slowly send more people to Iraq and call it a surge?

Lint

Great Conspiracy
Ok how about we extend the tours of those present...especially the Army, because they like to be so individual and be recognized.

Lint

Great Conspiracy
CBS NEWS said the surge is working. Lets invade Iran!

Lint
Oh really? What is your fucking problem? Not one suggestion seemed realistic and now we are up to our eyeballs in shit. We haven't persuaded the volatile middle eastern countries to adopt democracy as deemed acceptable in our favor. In fact we pissed them off and now their descendants are going to despise western ideals for generations to come. We had Osama in a bottle and you fucked that up and now we are in Iraq with no end. So come on great thinker whats your next suggestion? Bomb Canada? Fuck it, do it! Whats the worst that can happen? Less Mounties in silly uniforms and people that habitually say "eh"?
Irritated with this.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    matt776x2 wrote:
    Disclaimer:
    Everyone else
    Trust us. We are the leader of the free world and you can continue to look upon us for inspiration. Yeah ok we have our crack pots, but let the entire body of thought continue. There will always be lawful freedom in this chaotic confusion.

I have a problem with that. Part of the problem with the American government is its superiority complex. The sooner America stops looking at itself as the self-appointed leader of the free world, and treating other countries as children whose hand needs to be held, the sooner people stop having issues with America.

EDIT: nice sentiments though.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I have a problem with that. Part of the problem with the American government is its superiority complex. The sooner America stops looking at itself as the self-appointed leader of the free world, and treating other countries as children whose hand needs to be held, the sooner people stop having issues with America.

EDIT: nice sentiments though.:)

Completely understandable it's also another reason we have problems at all...superiority... I like to think of America as a beacon of freedom with equality through out the world. I just wish we represented that instead of...I guess thats what I'm trying to get at. Freedom and peace no matter who you are or where you are from.
    Irritated with this.
  • Options
    matt776x2 wrote:
    Completely understandable it's also another reason we have problems at all...superiority... I like to think of America as a beacon of freedom with equality through out the world. I just wish we represented that instead of...I guess thats what I'm trying to get at. Freedom and peace no matter who you are or where you are from.

I'm with you on that - America has a prime position to shine that beacon. It just needs to do it without patronising everyone else in the process, which is what this government has done. I think that's what you're trying to say too, so you've got my support.:)
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    I'm with you on that - America has a prime position to shine that beacon. It just needs to do it without patronising everyone else in the process, which is what this government has done. I think that's what you're trying to say too, so you've got my support.:)

cool :)

My apologies for the ignorance. We know not what we do. (as a collective body of thought)
    Irritated with this.