Options

Any other PJ release would hold up as a debut?

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited September 2009 in The Porch
I'm just curious. Can any of us really be so objective (not even sure if I can) as to be able to judge each album on its own merit? I mean, would we even have bought (insert album here) if it had been PJ's debut? Would they all hold up as "famous-makers"? Would this band be where it is today if not for Ten?

Any thoughts?
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    No, Ten made the band. Everything else has been great, but Ten was incredible and revolutionary to the main stream that existed
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Ten was definitely the right album at the right time...

There is just a chemistry there, and they know how to make a solid album which is exactly what Ten was. It fit in perfectly with what was going on at the time, but at the same time had a unique and original sound and meaning to it all.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Either in your own minds or with regards to radio.

I'll be the first (EDIT: THIRD) to reply to this. Even though it's my own. I think if I ask a question I should at least give my opinion as well. Ten holds a special place in my heart. I know, I know, it's cliche, and so many people think it's only #3 or lower on their album list. To me, emotionally, it cannot compare. Not where I was emotionally/mentally at that point in my life. So it's impossible for me to say that Ten isn't their best album.

However, with the others. I would say that VS would have the best shot. Also Vitalogy, as if Spin The Black Circle had been the first song I had heard from this band, I would have gone nuts for them as well. Same for Do The Evolution. I don't care what anyone says about that tune (I've seen some negativity towards it), I f**king love it. Hail Hail.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014