I sign this
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    The Best Album Ever
    dont be ridiculous. i like it though.
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    I honestly may have to agree to this there are absolutely NO skippers here. Quickly becoming my favorite PJ album. I had a feeling I would like it, but my goodness this is ridiculous!! :shock: :shock:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    edited September 2009
    Give it six months or a year...Come back and give your thoughts on BackSpacer...It's a great album no doubt it..But, will it stand the test of time?...The self titled album...In my own opinion got old in a hurry...

I can put on No Code or Yield right now and not have to skip one track...But, I do think it is pearl jam's album since Yield...As of right now, I can say that..But, may change in the future..No disrespect to Riot Act and Binaural..Both, are excellent albums..Imo
    Post edited by KingJeremyD on
  • Options
    It is the best (Pearl Jam) album ever (in the last 10 years)!
  • Options
    It is the best (Pearl Jam) album ever (in the last 10 years)!

I would agree with that statement..Right now..
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Best album ever....too soon to tell.

But i will say that still to this day,the only two Pearl Jam tracks that I am guaranteed to skip every time are "Hey, Foxymophandlemama, That's Me," and the outro to Binaural. The typing always startles the shit out of me after the period of silence. And Foxymop just creeps the hell out of me....still this many years later.
  • Options
    I have listened to it about 50 times now and not skipping any. The 3 songs in the middle (JB,AtW,UT) are just the best songs I have listened to in a very long time Unknown is just so very uplifting the way it builds and the imagery of the lyrics.

THE BEST ALBUM EVER
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,620
    Give it six months or a year...Come back and give your thoughts on BackSpacer...It's a great album no doubt it..But, will it stand the test of time?...The self titled album...In my own opinion got old in a hurry...

Exactly.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902

I can put on No Code or Yield right now and not have to skip one track...But, I do think it is pearl jam's album since Yield...As of right now, I can say that..But, may change in the future..No disrespect to Riot Act and Binaural..Both, are excellent albums..Imo

This is no self titled. This is a Brenden O'Brien produced piece of magic. I'm getting people that are not PJ fans grooving this whole album. It's always easy to say "this is the best album" when it is new, I know this. But I also know that I do not remember liking an album this much this quickly, Pearl Jam or otherwise and I listen to a wide range of music.
  • Options
    he he.

i'm really surprised buy the love this is getting. i but it does seem you either love it or you hate it. i haven't seen anyone really in the middle ground.

best album ever, not even close, best pearl jam album ever, again no, but i guess i can see why people are diggin on it, just look back at RA and Avo. i haven't listen to those since about a month after they came out. it's been many years now since a brilliant PJ album came out.

but will people be still loving this in a few months?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,620
    he he.

i'm really surprised buy the love this is getting. i but it does seem you either love it or you hate it. i haven't seen anyone really in the middle ground.

best album ever, not even close, best pearl jam album ever, again no, but i guess i can see why people are diggin on it, just look back at RA and Avo. i haven't listen to those since about a month after they came out. it's been many years now since a brilliant PJ album came out.

but will people be still loving this in a few months?

I'm actually middle of the road on this one. And by the way, Riot Act is far and away my favorite PJ album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    LOL, if you think Backspacer is better than Yield or No Code you should share with me whatever drugs you're on.
  • Options
    Pfft, I love this album, best since Binaural but of all time..come on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Every song is pure gold.
    Loving this album very much.
    best album ever?
    thats just crazy talk
  • Options
    I think it has 4-5 strong songs... the rest may or may not grow on me.
    I would not say it's one of the top 3 PJ albums, but it is definately a good one.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Sorry, Yield is still the best album ever
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    Sorry, Yield is still the best album ever
    see there's songs on Yeild I will skipp but as yet I have not come close to skipping any on Backspacer
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    Every song is pure gold.

Don't make me send The Champ over to straighten you out. :shock: :shock:

You're nuts. ;)

teeth-mike-tyson-400a071807.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    too early to tell if its the best- some best songs on it for sure we're all just so excited about having it here
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Best album ever....too soon to tell.
    No, it's not too soon to tell. Anybody claiming this to be the greatest album ever made is batshit insane.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    pandora wrote:
    too early to tell if its the best- some best songs on it for sure we're all just so excited about having it here

+1

I just want to say

last night. A day before I got this album I was thinking….
    It blows my mind how much longevity this band has. My favorite band. I picked a band to go ga-ga for as a preteen and I’ll be damned, they’re still around! I’m in my 30’s now. It leaves me awestruck. I must admit, Backspacer IMO has been released too quickly after Avocado, I was I’m shock. ‘no, there can’t be another album out already?’ But here it is and it’s pretty slammin! Good job guys.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I agree backspacer is a great album. Plenty of short punchy tracks as well as great slower ones. Give it 6 - 12 months to see how it compares to the other albums. Vitalogy is still my fav but backspacer is not far off. Can't wait to see PJ play the new songs live in bris vegas nov 25!! Bring it on!
  • Options
    pjjjpjjj Posts: 43
    Wouldn't say 3 years is too soon...
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    Best Album Ever, don't ...well
    Hey Mate, Whatcha packin' in that their pipe of yours down below?
    C'mon..excellent, short, simply very good...not best...sorry
    But, please enjoy as I do but...
    VS, Vitalogy, Yield, Ten.....Hello....now I'm firin' it up!!!
    Have a good one and enjoy .....
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    Report this postReply with quoteRe: Backspacer The best album ever
    by imalive » 18 Sep 2009 19:04

filthy_canvis wrote:
    Every song is pure gold.

Don't make me send The Champ over to straighten you out.

You're nuts.

GOLD PLATED NUTS THAT IS
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    crazygeo wrote:

GOLD PLATED NUTS THAT IS
    [/u]

:lol: lol!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618

great post!!
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    no.
    not for me.
    not even close.
    even if it grows on me,.....it definitely will not be the 'best pj album ever.'

ten, yield, vs, no code...now we're talkin' contenders, areas for debate.
    i wish my own ears heard what so many of you apparently do....i guess i need a LOT more listens.,....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow