Options

Which Boot?

SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
edited September 2009 in The Porch
If a fan were to buy one or two boots, which ones should they buy? I need some assistance in selecting one or two. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
    I thought the Hartford set was pretty sweet! Still can't decide on what my second pick is going to be, if it wasn't for "i got id", the descision would be easier!
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    If a fan were to buy one or two boots, which ones should they buy? I need some assistance in selecting one or two. Thanks.
    Chicago I was a great show.....

Just my humble opinion.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Chicago I was a great show.....

Just my humble opinion.........

What he/she said...
  • Options
    T.O.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Cincy?????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    just bought chicago 1. i was at both shows and wanted pick one to buy. night 2 was more fun, a smoother show, i liked the setlist better, etc. but i had to buy night 1 because ive had the version of long road they did stuck in my head ever since. it was the first time ive heard ed go high in the chorus like that. awesome. anyway, it had a more intense vibe to it for me too, so...
    but it basically came down to one song, just to see if it was really as amazing as i remember.
  • Options
    Chicago 2....killed Chicago 1 IMO. Both great shows but the setlist for night 2 is hard to beat!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
    listening to H2i Chitown 2 what a mix job they did this time around...best boot I own

betterman sounds great with the crowd minus the screaming bitch

night one am listening to now.....Long Road, god I missed that song

the mix job on these two shows is astounding fucking organ on Long ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never stop listening to these way better than 08 boots
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 996
    London should be on your list the set list was close to as perfection as you could get. I am so relieved that it will be eventually released. It has taken ages to come through & when it said not all shows it was a bit worried. A magical night that i cannot wait to relive if i ever take Backspacer out.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    chicago 1 has THE perfect set.

but you should of course buy them all.... :D:D
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    jbain15 wrote:
    Chicago 2....killed Chicago 1 IMO. Both great shows but the setlist for night 2 is hard to beat!

I'd say they are almost dead even as far as setlist.

Either way though, it's really a package deal. There haven't been many back to back nights where one night complemented the other so well.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'm going to buy the San Fran one because it has throw your hatred down on it :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Wuhlheide Berlin
    Toronto

...and all the other boots!!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    I've piled on in on the early boot buying and gone for Chicago 2

Will most defnintely be uying the UK ones though. Need my decent quality Manchester fix again!
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    jbain15 wrote:

I definitely disagree. ;)

BUt when they were both so good...and you saw them both...who cares which is better!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    There was more energy and overall quality of songs in Chicago 2 but buy chicago 1 because it has the best Long Road you will EVER hear
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    There was more energy and overall quality of songs in Chicago 2 but buy chicago 1 because it has the best Long Road you will EVER hear

and a beautiful comeback.....vedder nailed that so well, and man of the hour. Fuck me what a set