Just Breathe

i am a targeti am a target Posts: 799
edited September 2009 in The Porch
Ed sounds like he has a cold.

The melody is amateur and I really wish someone would tell Ed to please stop writing this horrible Springsteen style adult contemporary stuff.

Please don't let them play this one live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you are a target......
    NEVER GIVE UP
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428

The melody is amateur and I really wish someone would tell Ed to please stop writing this horrible Springsteen style adult contemporary stuff.

uhhhhhhh....ok then. Amateur, really??

ps....i love the song--beautiful lyrics...can't wait to hear it live
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

well, you're entitled to your opinion but i think you are way off on this one. beautiful song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 100% disagree, great song; melody, lyrics, tempo, all of it is sweet to me
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    you're crazy. in my opinion.
  • Ed sounds like he has a cold.

I disagree with you for the most part...
    .. but the "cold" thing is something I've noticed too :|
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • moyboy wrote:

no...i'm Crazy...he's tone deaf....& a few other things that Kat wouldn't like me saying!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    moyboy wrote:

no...i'm Crazy...he's tone deaf....& a few other things that Kat wouldn't like me saying!!!

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    He sounds like that over the whole album, at least on the slower ones...I like it although I think it's a little overdone on JB, still great though. Better than his vocals on RA for sure.
  • Easily my favorite song on the album, up there w/ Unthought Known & Force of Nature.
  • i love personal attacks when someone doesn't like a song.

i'm just pointing out how i feel about the song.

as far as slow songs go the band has really really fallen off compared to earlier in their career.

i don't want to hear finger picking "uhhh huhhhhh" songs from ed. this is a pearl jam album not "into the wild" redux.
  • DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Easily my favorite song on the album, up there w/ Unthought Known & Force of Nature.

Force of Nature...can't get that one out of my head, gives me chills just thinking about. Is that stupid?
  • i never thought i'd say this..but i'd rather listen to wishlist.
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562

Everybody is entitled to their opinion......

Dont bash the OP.....

I myself think JUST BREATH is ok....ID RATHER HAVE A NOTHINGMAN TYPE OF BALLAD
    DH62179 wrote:
    Easily my favorite song on the album, up there w/ Unthought Known & Force of Nature.

Force of Nature...can't get that one out of my head, gives me chills just thinking about. Is that stupid?

I told you that you were gona like Force of Nature
  • knikknik Posts: 94

What?? :?
  • I agree, he does sound stuffed up on Just Breathe as well as The Fixer.

It's why I like the begining lyrics on the music video over the stupid version.
  • i never thought i'd say this..but i'd rather listen to wishlist.

then you probably should.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    this is a pearl jam album not "into the wild" redux.

There is one song that sounds like anything on into the wild on the album. Everyone is entitled to your opinion but what do you really think is going to happen when you basically say "Just Breathe Sucks" when it clearly is going to be a favorite.

It's like saying "jeez I didn't know you were going to get mad after I kicked you in the nuts" :roll:

Song is a highlight on the album in my opinion.
  • mach271 wrote:

Dont bash the OP.....

EXACTLY my point. what happened to the fucking amazing arrangements they used to use for their ballads? i'm not even a huge fan of nothingman, but it is a great song as far as ballads go.
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    edited September 2009
    i never thought i'd say this..but i'd rather listen to wishlist.

:o:o :shock: :shock:
    I can not belive that statement
    Post edited by gvn2fly12 on
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • knikknik Posts: 94
    Got Some wrote:
    It's why I like the begining lyrics on the music video over the stupid version.

What 'stupid' version? :?
    Vedder was sounded odd in NOT FOR YOU, and that is one of my favs!
  • I think the older you are, the more you're able to "get" this song ...

Being married with a child, a lot of it rang true -- for me, at least.

But i really like the rockers, too.

:D
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • SolarWorld wrote:
    this is a pearl jam album not "into the wild" redux.

There is one song that sounds like anything on into the wild on the album. Everyone is entitled to your opinion but what do you really think is going to happen when you basically say "Just Breathe Sucks" when it clearly is going to be a favorite.

It's like saying "jeez I didn't know you were going to get mad after I kicked you in the nuts" :roll:

Song is a highlight on the album in my opinion.

i was a little more articulate than "just breathe sucks".

and spare me the "well you knew people would like it" BS. i have no idea what people are going to like or not like. and if you do..well then..you're a better man than i.
    mach271 wrote:

Dont bash the OP.....

EXACTLY my point. what happened to the fucking amazing arrangements they used to use for their ballads? i'm not even a huge fan of nothingman, but it is a great song as far as ballads go.

The acoustic Ballads started with OFF HE GOES......

Ever since there is one or more on every album
  • krymsin wrote:
    I think the older you are, the more you're able to "get" this song ...

Being married with a child, a lot of it rang true -- for me, at least.

But i really like the rockers, too.

:D

you're right. this is a song directly aimed at middle aged pearl jam fans...and since i'm not one of those i guess it's ok for me to really really dislike this song.
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i love personal attacks when someone doesn't like a song.

i'm just pointing out how i feel about the song.

as far as slow songs go the band has really really fallen off compared to earlier in their career.

i don't want to hear finger picking "uhhh huhhhhh" songs from ed. this is a pearl jam album not "into the wild" redux.

I'm not attacking you--I just think that "amateur" is a little overboard, that's all.

this song makes my heart hurt...i can't even describe it... "stay with me..."
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • you are a target......
    Post of the day
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902

i was a little more articulate than "just breathe sucks".

Not really...
    and spare me the "well you knew people would like it" BS. i have no idea what people are going to like or not like. and if you do..well then..you're a better man than i.

People have been posting shit since the album leaked about this song as well as a lot of reviews highlighting it. Not to mention all the positive buzz about it. Then you come along and say "This shit sucks!" And you are really surprised at the reaction? Come on...

BTW this is not '94 (Nothingman) and I'm glad Pearl Jam now does not still sound like Pearl Jam then.