Options

I passed up an opportunity to purchase Backspacer yesterday.

Adm. Glen ScotiaAdm. Glen Scotia Posts: 181
edited September 2009 in The Porch
There it was, right in front of me: Backspacer, nestled innocently among various Beatles re-issues behind the counter at an indie shop here in NY. I'd gone down there after work to test my resolve. You see, I'd already purchased the album as a pre-order from the Ten Club. But I was getting impatient. But on my way to the store I got the email confirming my CD had been shipped. How could I justify buying a copy of the album when I already had one in the mail on its way to me? In previous years, I might have said "screw it" and bought it anyway, only to give the spare copy to a friend. After all, I ended up with 3 copies of Avocado, and two of Riot Act. But money is much tighter for me these days than it was in those years. I turned away from Backspacer and got on the subway to get back home.

Of course, I was rewarded when I got home with the information that my disc had actually shipped on MONDAY, which means I may have it... today? I hope, I hope.

The anticipation is killing me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    You are stronger than most
  • Options
    You are stronger than most

I am stronger than *myself*! I NEVER would have been able to do that before. I consider it a personal triumph. It's one thing to resist a download, but another altogether to turn one's back on such lovely packaging....
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    i went to one of my local indie stores yesterday too. it was not there, but can say that if it was, i would have been all over that fucker !! :D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    i just went searching for it because my copy is being sent to my house not my dorm by accident and everyone on the east coast seems to be getting it today...there are no targets in VT either i dont know what to do!!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    gratz, have 10 brownies points..