Unthought Known

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
edited September 2009 in The Porch
can we talk about how incredible this song is yet?
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My favorite on the album!!!
  • yield2me wrote:
    Technically we can because Ed performed it live.. probably just can't talk about the production aspect yet.

Dream the dreams of other men, you'll be no ones RIVVVAALLL!!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My favorite on the album!!!

same here. the piano is amazing...wow. i don't think that there's a single thing that i don't love about this song.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    It's going to make an amazing show opener! Looking forward to hearing it one night in Philly, after they play oceans of course!
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    Culled from a book, a talk with an actress, and one late night.

“It's about a conversation with Catherine Keener, and a book – I think it might have even been called Unthought Known . I got back late to my hotel in New York, and I pushed it that extra hour. I pushed the limits of how much you can drink and smoke, and this song came out of it. I think the thought of the song is that there are things that you know, and they're in us, but we just haven't thought of them. But they're there, and we base decisions on them.”

Edit: I almost forgot to say that I love this song. :)
  • StacyStacy Posts: 128
    What song we talking about guys?! I've heard a hand full of GREAT B.S. Songs but which are we discussing? N I heard piano?!?! Yea baby a lil like reign on me! Man I can't wait to get BS! This is gonna be a GREAT album! I'm a 17-18 year old fan & I pray it comes in the mail today or tomorrow! I need my PJ fix! AHHHH!!
    STACY *6Burgh* Go Steelers!!
    What song we talking about guys?! I've heard a hand full of GREAT B.S. Songs but which are we discussing? N I heard piano?!?! Yea baby a lil like reign on me! Man I can't wait to get BS! This is gonna be a GREAT album! I'm a 17-18 year old fan & I pray it comes in the mail today or tomorrow! I need my PJ fix! AHHHH!!
  • Stacy wrote:
    calm down. you will be ok.

The song is called Unthought Known.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    yield2me wrote:

I can, 'cuz I heard in in Newark. :D I cannot wait to hear the album version, but the solo show debut, "Yeah, I wrote this song at 5:00 this morning," just awesome.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • anyone that heard the solo live preformance, how does it compare to the album version? i would love to hear the solo version... if anyone could help out with this... pm please
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • ~~"GEMS & RHINESTONES"~~ ...omg.. I have NEVER heard Ed's voice sound more amazing as it does when he belts out 'rhinestones' - it's perfection - goosebump inducing 4 sure!!!

I LOVE 'Unthought Known' it's.... it's...... there are no words really ;o)

Molson Park/Barrie - Aug 05, 1992
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 19, 2005
    EV solo Massey Hall/Toronto - Aug 13, 2008
    Molson Amphitheatre/Toronto - Aug 21, 2009
    HSBC/Buffalo - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 12, 2011
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    it

is

A M A Z I N G
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

Unknown thought huh? Awesome & thanks! I will check it out of course!! I know I'm trying to take it easy but I get sooooo pumped when a new album is coming out, LoL!
  • I think I love this song. When it starts it kind of reminds me of a Bruce Springstein song. Then it opens up and is just glorious. As mentioned earlier, the "gems and rhinestones" could be the best vocals on the album. Still cant quite figure out what "dream the dreams of other man, and you will be noone's rival" means. I sing it loud, but I don't know what it means at all...
    We were but stones... Your light made us stars
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think I love this song. When it starts it kind of reminds me of a Bruce Springstein song. Then it opens up and is just glorious. As mentioned earlier, the "gems and rhinestones" could be the best vocals on the album. Still cant quite figure out what "dream the dreams of other man, and you will be noone's rival" means. I sing it loud, but I don't know what it means at all...

It means if you take the easy path and follow other people's dreams and ideas, you conform and fit in and no one hates you or is jealous of you, but you are also not very special.

Dream your own dream and follow that. Then people will look at you funny or consider you a rival or a threat or crazy or whatever, but you will stand out.

At least that is what it means to me.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Nothing left, nothing left
    Nothing there, nothing here...
    Nothing left, nothing left
    Nothing there, nothing left...
    Nothing left, nothing left
    Nothing there, nothing here...

I LOVE THAT PART.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    THE best lines...

Dream the dreams of other men
    You'll be no one's rival
    Dream the dreams of others then
    You will be no one's rival

You will be no one's rival...

:o :shock: :)8-)
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    Agreed....

Dream the Dreams of others, and your the same. They have nothing to be envious about. Your dreams and goals are that of theirs....THE SAME, NO RIVALRY
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    cant wait to hear this. :(
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel